2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• AK Guy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    I really like Bouch, but Buccigross isnt my favorite.

Buccigross sounds like he’s going to have a cardiac when there’s an offsides sometimes. He does the frozen four with Melrose and it’s atrocious. Melrose knows nothing about college hockey unless a Boston school is playing.

Not a fan of Buccigross. He’s a passive aggressive play caller.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They aren’t getting much help from the forwards lately either.

CaptainMusky

Yeah this game isnt going well. Talbot been hung out to dry a few times. Boldy is the best with the puck and he’s 20! Come on guys!

tswoboda

Talbot has been awful tonight. Maybe made 1 tough, rebounds flopping everywhere. Panthers hit 2 hard posts from the blueline and Spurgeon saved an empty net goal. Naughty Cam.

Bob has been outstanding.

Goalies are the difference in this game.

CaptainMusky

Talbot has been awful tonight. Maybe made 1 tough, rebounds flopping everywhere. Panthers hit 2 hard posts from the blueline and Spurgeon saved an empty net goal. Naughty Cam.

Bob has been outstanding.

Goalies are the difference in this game.

I haven’t seen the same game as you apparently. BOB has been great I will agree but Talbot hasn’t been bad IMO. Maybe that 1 goal he’d want back but that’s it.

tswoboda

Cam’s been beat clean 6 times through 2 periods.

tswoboda

Cam’s been beat clean 6 times through 2 periods.

Seven. Sniped clean from above the dot.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hartman is playing like his pre wild self also.

CaptainMusky

That wasn’t a goal cam should’ve allowed the others not so sure I agree

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Seems like every panthers rush is an odd man rush.

CaptainMusky

Buccigross is so excitable when Boldy gets the puck. Obvious east coast bias

tswoboda

True, none of them were terrible. I’m moreso talking about the 3 other almost goals. Radko freaking Gudas drilled the bar from the blue line with no traffic and Cam barely flinched his glove.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

True, none of them were terrible. I’m moreso talking about the 3 other almost goals. Radko freaking Gudas drilled the bar from the blue line with no traffic and Cam barely flinched his glove.

He knew the post would save it duh

CaptainMusky

What happened to Joe? Do we have to send a search party?

CaptainMusky

Honestly as a MN sports fan we don’t deserve Kaprizov holy cow

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Hoping this cool down is the “mid-season” slump we have been waiting for (aside from our losing streak a bit before the break). Our ‘depth’ scoring we had early on has been non-existent lately. 4th line has not been bad, but also not scoring like they were earlier in the season regardless of the injuries and player callups. Even the GREEF line has not been producing much. Top two lines have been held together by our wings which is to be expected. Our D has been slipping a little recently too.

This every other day stretch could reallllly be bad news. Putting faith in Deano to get us back on track.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What happened to Joe? Do we have to send a search party?

lol, watching the game on the basement Internet tv with phone upstairs….

I think Deano got ahead of himself with the stupid early goalie pull, then deciding not to put the goalie in for the draw and bam game over…

Florida is really friggin good though! Terrible games by Benn and Merrill, Kaprizov’s line with a bunch of lazy turnovers and a rough -4 tonight… Wild had their chances though…
    That was a sneaky tough little stretch of games with the top 2 teams in the east and 2 road games against a tough rival, I have no worries other than Benn or Merrell need a pressbox game or two and bring Addison up for a few games to hopefully bring some confidence back to the D corps because they’ve been taken to the woodshed alot lately…
    GMBG might be on the phone tonight looking for a #6 D…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hoping this cool down is the “mid-season” slump we have been waiting for (aside from our losing streak a bit before the break). Our ‘depth’ scoring we had early on has been non-existent lately. 4th line has not been bad, but also not scoring like they were earlier in the season regardless of the injuries and player callups. Even the GREEF line has not been producing much. Top two lines have been held together by our wings which is to be expected. Our D has been slipping a little recently too.

This every other day stretch could reallllly be bad news. Putting faith in Deano to get us back on track.

I agree. They look like a worn out team the past few games. Especially our older guys like Benn and Goligoski. Really hope we aren’t running out of steam already because we have a lot of games coming up.

Tom schmitt

Am I wrong or has anyone else noticed the 4th line is getting much less ice time lately and the defensive pairings are all mixed up.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Am I wrong or has anyone else noticed the 4th line is getting much less ice time lately and the defensive pairings are all mixed up.

that’s the case when you’re down by a bunch of goals and there’s alot of penalties called, 4th line gets screwed…

Ripjiggen

A little kick to the nads to send them back to reality.
    Anyone miss Dumba yet?
    Sounds like Addison may go on the road trip.

CaptainMusky

We all thought playing Addison in dumbas spot was the right call I hope to find out we were right.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Fanbase thinks the Wild has to win every game or there’s something wrong with the team and the sky is falling… as I mentioned earlier, the last 4 games would be tough for any team…

CaptainMusky

Right we’ve just been spoiled. 18-1-1 now 18-3-1. Not too shabby.

CaptainMusky

Addison recalled, Rask to Iowa. Let’s see what the kid can do but please put him with spurgeon.

Tom schmitt

We don’t need 2 right handed small defenseman on the ice together. Put him with Brodin.
    The mixed up defenseman pairings of the last 2-3 games has been a complete failure.
    I think Evanson was trying some defenseman pairings in case he needed to in the playoffs.
    Now he needs to go back to trusting his 4th line with more ice time.
    I honestly think he should scrap the PP lines and just go with running the 1st and 2nd lines with his top 4 defenseman.
    This would bring less of a shake up after the PP is over.

Umy
    South Metro

Captain Musky:
    Right we’ve just been spoiled. 18-1-1 now 18-3-1. Not too shabby.

No kidding – pretty sweet for our team. Like I tell my family “can’t win all OF THEM”!
    They’re good, we’ll recover, better a “stumble” now then later on when it really counts

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Buccigross is so excitable when Boldy gets the puck. Obvious east coast bias

That’s because he’s from Boston College. As far as Bucci is concerned, Boston is the college hockey holy grail and no other teams are worth mentioning. sleeping

Viewing 30 posts - 3,601 through 3,630 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.