2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

When was the last time the gold medal game did not have either the US or Canada teams? The other countries must be super pumped about that for a change.

2018 Neither US or Canada were in the Gold Medal game.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Interesting. I just looked it up. It has actually happened way more often than I expected.

CaptainMusky

Interesting. I just looked it up. It has actually happened way more often than I expected.

Men’s hockey for sure, but women’s is another story.

JoeMX1825
    MN

WJC complete restart tourney in August in Alberta…

Ripjiggen

Duluth East has lost all control since Randolph was pushed out.
    Parents are the worst thing to happen to youth sports.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Duluth East has lost all control since Randolph was pushed out.
    Parents are the worst thing to happen to youth sports.

Was he pushed out or did STA just offer him more money???

Ripjiggen

He was pushed out by parents the school board and his contract was not going to be renewed.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Addison is back to playing in Iowa, good sign his injury wasn’t much…

CaptainMusky

This is in the sports section of the Star Tribune today and occurred last week during a rival HS game between Duluth Denfeld and Duluth East.

Holy crap that is hard to watch! I cant believe that was in a MN High School game and not some Canadian Junior game. Woof!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Holy crap that is hard to watch!

Cross check to the head plus hitting him in the head while he’s down…ya I can see why the kid has a concussion.

I don’t think you’ll see the player who is responsible for it on the ice again this season.

CaptainMusky

Cross check to the head plus hitting him in the head while he’s down…ya I can see why the kid has a concussion.

I don’t think you’ll see the player who is responsible for it on the ice again this season.

I wonder what the kid was penalized for? He should face a suspension at minimum that is ridiculous and nothing that kid did warranted anything remotely like that I dont think he even really touched the goalie.

tswoboda

Rask back on waivers today so must mean Bjugstad is ready to come back. Who comes off the 4th line when he’s ready? Personally I think Duhaime could use a couple game break. He has some really good games but overall been up and down with his play for awhile now. Normal rookie stuff that may be helped by a couple games in the press box. Need Duhaime and Sturm going 100% in the playoffs.

D pairs jumbled again. Starting to think they might look for a Jordie Benn replacement before the deadline. He’s had a couple stinkers and Deano can’t figure out where to hide him.

CaptainMusky

D pairs jumbled again. Starting to think they might look for a Jordie Benn replacement before the deadline. He’s had a couple stinkers and Deano can’t figure out where to hide him.

I agree and pairing him with anyone but Spurgeon is really a risk. Losing Dumba screwed things up a lot.

tswoboda

I agree and pairing him with anyone but Spurgeon is really a risk. Losing Dumba screwed things up a lot.

dontsayitdontsayitdontsayit

If only they had someone who slotted into Dumba’s role better…

***yes I know he is/was hurt

CaptainMusky

dontsayitdontsayitdontsayit

If only they had someone who slotted into Dumba’s role better…

***yes I know he is/was hurt

LOL, he’s back now so it would be nice to get him in the lineup.

Ripjiggen

Rask back on waivers today so must mean Bjugstad is ready to come back. Who comes off the 4th line when he’s ready? Personally I think Duhaime could use a couple game break. He has some really good games but overall been up and down with his play for awhile now. Normal rookie stuff that may be helped by a couple games in the press box. Need Duhaime and Sturm going 100% in the playoffs.

That is the area of concern for me heading into playoffs honestly. One top 4 injury from making there D look messy.
    With them extending Merril and Kulikov already signed it kind of blocks them going after a middle or 3-4-5 type guy at the deadline to honestly help improve that scenario and there depth. Replacing a 7th d is more or less replacing an extra warm body.
    Maybe Addison get in in that scenario in the playoffs but sure would like to see him get some more reps in the NHL before that.

Sturm could sit a game or two as well as Dewer can slide to the middle. But yes Bjugstad fits that role much better than Rask.

Hoping my flight lands in Florida in time for the wild game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

There will be lots of D available at the deadline and the Wild has more than enough capspace to get one… I dont see Spurgeon or Goligoski making it through the playoffs without breaking down physically…

Fourth line could be a carousel until playoffs to keep them fresh…

CaptainMusky

Guys, anyone going to address the elephant in the room of what we have been talking about here lately? LOL
    Depth

ripalip

Is tonight’s Wild game only on ESPN +?

God forbid I’m forced to listen to Ben Crymer (AKA CRYER) for the entire Gophers hockey game, if he is color commentator tonight. His famous line is ‘you young players out there….let’s use this a teaching moment’ – and only 2-3 minutes after the play – painful to listen to.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

you young players out there….let’s use this a teaching moment’ – and only 2-3 minutes after the play – painful to listen to.

LOL Eddie Olczyk used to say that all the time on NBC when he did games with Emrick too. Got old real quick

tswoboda

Is tonight’s Wild game only on ESPN +?

Yes ESPN+ and Hulu. A-team tonight though… Buccigross, Boucher, and Kaplan.

ripalip

Okay – thanks tswoboda. Was hoping BSN picked it up too. Oh well.

CaptainMusky

Yes ESPN+ and Hulu. A-team tonight though… Buccigross, Boucher, and Kaplan.

I really like Bouch, but Buccigross isnt my favorite.

CaptainMusky

WTF the last time the wild played on ESPN+ I had a dumb tv and used Roku. Now I have a smart TV and have to cast it to the TV from my phone and it costs money!? Mother fer

CaptainMusky

OK my panic is over I found my Roku so I should be fine. Phew I didn’t want to have to throw the new TV in the yard.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Wow that is ridiculous.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I really like Bouch, but Buccigross isnt my favorite.

Buccigross sounds like he’s going to have a cardiac when there’s an offsides sometimes. He does the frozen four with Melrose and it’s atrocious. Melrose knows nothing about college hockey unless a Boston school is playing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The audio in this game in incredible! ESPN finally figured it out!

Crazy good goal by Kappy!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Our D has been very leaky the past few games….Benn going to play himself out of the lineup…

Viewing 30 posts - 3,571 through 3,600 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.