2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

I am fine with the Wild not getting more publicity than they are, but its irritating when so called experts are completely ignorant to how good this team is. Its one thing to not talk about them, but if they do they better know what they are talking about. NHL Network does a good job and they were talking last night about the Wild’s depth, yet our boy Anson is still clueless. I used to like that guy, but now he went full clown show on it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Zuc and KK had the Redwings totally outnumbered 2 on 5 on that one goal. That was just awesome to watch. It looked like 2 pros being defended by 5 peewee players.

I don’t understand why the Wild get so little respect.
    They have beaten EVERY top team in the NHL!

It’s the Typical Minnesota Sports Fan attitude. You can’t love or appreciate ANY MN team “until they’ve won it all”. Don’t enjoy it. Don’t love watching it. Just sit miserably and grumble about the bad stuff that is going to happen when the playoffs arrive. And when good things happen, go and whack your thumb with a hammer so you don’t enjoy any of it.

I don’t know if this has its roots in some kind of self-loathing Scandinavian thing or what.

tswoboda

I don’t understand why the Wild get so little respect.
    They have beaten EVERY top team in the NHL!

Not sure what you mean. Most NHL power rankings have the Wild somewhere around 3-4-5 and they are 4th in the standings.

Do you mean screen time? The coasts and bigger markets will always get more screen time on national broadcasts. They have more fans.

CaptainMusky

Boldy has more pts than Lafreniere but has done it in 32 fewer games. Ridiculous.

tswoboda

Boldy has more pts than Lafreniere but has done it in 32 fewer games. Ridiculous.

1 more assist and he would be tied with Caufield for career goals and points and 30 fewer games. The start to his career has been unreal, talk about hitting the ground running.

Hopefully this example helps other prospects and fans trust in Billy G slow playing the kids.

CaptainMusky

1 more assist and he would be tied with Caufield for career goals and points and 30 fewer games. The start to his career has been unreal, talk about hitting the ground running.

Hopefully this example helps other prospects and fans trust in Billy G slow playing the kids.

Remember when we were talking about him when he was struggling in BC and was cut from the WJC Team? The transformation from then to now is absolutely staggering. If they redid that draft he’d go #1 with a bullet. From what I have seen from BG, I havent seen anything to question him about to this point. Yeah, the buyouts were costly but it was absolutely the right move and had to be done then or not at all.
    He has really transformed this team.

hdog3385

Trade rumors are starting to heat up. Giroux has reportedly told Fletcher that he wants to go to Colorado but if that doesn’t work out Minnesota and St. Louis would be acceptable.

CaptainMusky

Trade rumors are starting to heat up. Giroux has reportedly told Fletcher that he wants to go to Colorado but if that doesn’t work out Minnesota and St. Louis would be acceptable.

I saw that too, but its from a suspect source and Russo has said he has info that its not true.

tswoboda

That was reported by crazy man Adrian Dater and denied by Russo.

Everyone knows who Adrian Dater is right…

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-02-15-132250.png

hdog3385

Yeah I’m familiar. Just can’t stop imagining having a guy with a 60% FOW this year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

To be fare, Boldy was likely to make the team out of camp had he not broke his ankle…he also would have likely been called up a few games after he returned from his ankle break, but hurt his other ankle again and stayed in Iowa longer to rehab and get back into game shape/speed before his final call up a month ago…

I agree with you that GMBG knows what he’s doing in regards to keeping top prospects in the minors longer to polish their skillsets and get used to the pro game speed, but Boldy likely would have only played a few games this year in Iowa if any (added to the 15 or so he played end of last year) before being called up to the Wild.

Rossi’s situation is different only because of his mycarditis recovery and our cap situation putting a premiuim on sliding his ELC until next year to span the 3 cap crunch years. Just like Boldy, he’s completely dominating the AHL and is NHL ready now…Let’s hope Addison and Beckman make the most out of their Iowa time and are more than ready to take a full time NHL spot next year…

CaptainMusky

Pavel Novak is scorching still. He took a skate to the face, came back with a full shield and scored the shootout winner. There is so much to get excited about in the coming years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pavel Novak is scorching still. He took a skate to the face, came back with a full shield and scored the shootout winner. There is so much to get excited about in the coming years.

yeah, he gets zero cred from a prospect perspective, most project him as a decent AHL scorer and that’s his ceiling, ala Kyle Rau…but there’s always a chance guys like him figure somethign out and blossom in the NHL if given a chance…

tswoboda

To be fare, Boldy was likely to make the team out of camp had he not broke his ankle…he also would have likely been called up a few games after he returned from his ankle break, but hurt his other ankle again and stayed in Iowa longer to rehab and get back into game shape/speed before his final call up a month ago…

Boldy wasn’t making the team out of camp. He wasn’t good in preseason games so they claimed Rem Pitlick off waivers to fill his spot… that was 2 days before he broke his ankle. He was likely getting called up right when he hurt his other ankle though.

Either way Billy G has been keeping the kids in the AHL a lot longer than fans and certain reporters were originally clamoring for. Boldy, Rossi, Addison, Beckman. Fans are buying in to his process now, but early in the season a lot of people were upset these guys weren’t in the NHL.

Ripjiggen

Addison seams to be more of a trade bait player at this point. IMO
    Maybe things change next year if they move Dumba, but just don’t see where they are going to fit him in. They have a couple d prospects that are a little further out but not that far for say a guy like Lambos. Who brings more size to a relatively small D core.
    Brodin Spurg Kulikov and Merril and by all accounts Goligoski if the rumors are true of the wink wink deal are all in the team next year.
    Dumba is the only spot he can move to and they would obviously have to move him.
    Either way they are not going to be able to play all these prospects at D.
    A good problem to have, but also something has to give there as well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Boldy wasn’t making the team out of camp. He wasn’t good in preseason games so they claimed Rem Pitlick off waivers to fill his spot… that was 2 days before he broke his ankle. He was likely getting called up right when he hurt his other ankle though.

Either way Billy G has been keeping the kids in the AHL a lot longer than fans and certain reporters were originally clamoring for. Boldy, Rossi, Addison, Beckman. Fans are buying in to his process now, but early in the season a lot of people were upset these guys weren’t in the NHL.

Pitlick was a surprise (to the league) waiver pickup and nothing more than a free shot to get a better look at a kid with very good AHL numbers in a small sample size (I’m sure there were many teams that put a claim in for him, Wild just happen to be ahead of them) They could do it because sending Boldy to Iowa cost them nothing, no waivers, etc… so they took a shot and ultimately didn’t think Rem fit the role… If Rem wasn’t put on waivers, I’d bet Boldy would have started the season with the Wild… and there’s NOTHING Boldy gained in the 10 or so Iowa games he actually played this season that somehow catapulted his game to become NHL ready…

tswoboda

To be fare, Boldy was likely to make the team out of camp had he not broke his ankle…

If Rem wasn’t put on waivers, I’d bet Boldy would have started the season in Iowa…

tswoboda

Addison seams to be more of a trade bait player at this point.

You don’t say that! Sadly I can see that happening though. Seems like moving on from Dumba makes a lot more sense given the cap situation.

JoeMX1825
    MN

JoeMX1825 wrote:
    If Rem wasn’t put on waivers, I’d bet Boldy would have started the season in Iowa…

fixed it

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think Addison’s name is being brought into trade talks because he’s the only Wild D prospect worth anything that’s NHL ready now… The only way that I could see GMBG trading Addison is if he doesn’t like the size makeup of our D core and wants to find somebody alot bigger to replace Dumba who is likely a cap casualty this offseason…

GMBG, Judd & Scouts have proven they can be successful finding D bargains, maybe that’s part of their plan to save money for Fiala??

CaptainMusky

You don’t say that! Sadly I can see that happening though. Seems like moving on from Dumba makes a lot more sense given the cap situation.

I’d rather move on from Dumba too, but it seems like he has been hard to draw much interest because we know its been attempted. Maybe this offseason it will come to fruition. It does make the most sense to move him for a multitude of reasons but most importantly his Cap hit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

I’d rather move on from Dumba too, but it seems like he has been hard to draw much interest because we know its been attempted. Maybe this offseason it will come to fruition. It does make the most sense to move him for a multitude of reasons but most importantly his Cap hit.

You would think Seattle would be interested in Dumba, Giordarno leaving and their fanbase can’t be happy with their season compared to Vegas’s first few years…not fair, but it is what it is, they need to get better quickly…we just can’t expect to get alot for him back though as the goal is to get the capspace back…Ottowa needs D help for Chabot and they have a ton of capspace..

Ripjiggen

TSW I figured you would be the one to hate my take on Addison. Just seams they prefer Ben in that extra role this year. Moving on from Dumba is what they SHOULD do for cap reasons. Does it really matter what kind of return they get for him at this point. I mean the days of longing for a 1C or even 2C are over IMO.
    Get what you can at this point this off season.
    Just think Addison size is playing a role.

CaptainMusky

You would think Seattle would be interested in Dumba, Giordarno leaving and their fanbase can’t be happy with their season compared to Vegas’s first few years…not fair, but it is what it is, they need to get better quickly…we just can’t expect to get alot for him back though as the goal is to get the capspace back…Ottowa needs D help for Chabot and they have a ton of capspace..

I think they botched up their expansion draft, but not because they arent super competitive right away like Vegas was, but they loaded up on a ton of D men probably thinking they would garner interest from some other club and it really hasnt worked. They made a huge mistake taking Soucy over Kahkonnen. That team is essentially 4 3rd lines. I dont think they have much draft capital either so not sure what we would look for in return but likely just draft picks. Dumba is also from that area and didnt he play on the minor club there? Not that he has a choice in the matter, but it would seem to be a good landing spot for him.

JoeMX1825
    MN

any trade of Dumba is looking to just get draft pick(s) back, we can’t take back any salary (unless it’s for cheap 7th D to replace Benn with)

CaptainMusky

any trade of Dumba is looking to just get draft pick(s) back, we can’t take back any salary (unless it’s for cheap 7th D to replace Benn with)

I was thinking more along the line of a prospect vs an NHL rostered player. Looking at Wheeler’s rankings they are dead last so probably nothing too appealing there LOL

tswoboda

Yup at this point it’s just about dumping Dumba’s salary. This latest injury pretty much kills any chance at getting a decent trade return. I still think most likely is that Dumba stays with the team next year. Pretty sure he is a Calgary guy and played for Red Deer in the the W.

CaptainMusky

Pretty sure he is a Calgary guy and played for Red Deer in the the W.

That’s right, I was thinking of Spurgeon then. He played for Spokane. I dont want to trade him to Seattle however.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If they trade Dumba it will be before the draft, but I believe he has like a 10 team no trade list clause now so he and his agent could cherry pick the teams that could most easily take on his contract sort of painting GMBG in a corner…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If they trade Dumba it will be before the draft, but I believe he has like a 10 team no trade list clause now so he and his agent could cherry pick the teams that could most easily take on his contract sort of painting GMBG in a corner…

At this point, you have to value Fiala more than Dumba. Even as frustrated as Fiala can make BG and Evason. Unless he does back into another slump (which with Boldy I don’t think we will see happen) you just can’t move on from him. And Dumba has two positives to his game at this point in his career. He’s physical and he’s a bigtime clubhouse guy. Is that worth $6 million? Not to mention he’s had increased injuries the past couple years.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,451 through 3,480 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.