2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Eichel makes his Vegas debut Wednesday. Will be interesting to see if he is anything like he was before the injury and how much he can contribute. Could be another scary team in the west if he’s even partly his old self.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It was me. But I was just butt hurt I didn’t get a call to be an alternate, so figured it had to be the college kids killing my dream.

I wasn’t trying to call out anyone specifically in particular. I was just trying to make a point that the general rhetoric to not allowing NHL players was less than enthusiastic here. A large portion of them are NCAA players and a bunch of them are from this state.

Ripjiggen

I think we all just wanted to see the best of the best.

CaptainMusky

I think we all just wanted to see the best of the best.

Right, that was my only complaint. The US does have a lot of talent outside of the NHL/AHL, I just wanted to see the world’s best hockey players all competing against one another. I will still watch them and I am sure they will be competitive, but not as much fun as it would have been with NHLers.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hilarious! They’re just rubbing the NHL’s nose in it at this point.

McCrimmon had the gall to say that team doctors are clueless on what is causing the back problems and they don’t have a solid timeline for his return…I think every single NHL fan can tell them when Stone will magically rise from the dead… it’s just a mockery of the rules and everyone knew they were going to do it…The NHL doesn’t want to throw any dirt on their golden boy franchise, so nothing will be done about it…and they waited until AFTER the Allstar game so they didn’t deprive their Nights fans the opportunity to watch their captain at the allstar game…I hope Eichel pulls a Corey Koskie and gets hurt lifting his luggage on their first road game…

tswoboda

Eichel makes his Vegas debut Wednesday. Will be interesting to see if he is anything like he was before the injury and how much he can contribute. Could be another scary team in the west if he’s even partly his old self.

I’m not a big Jack Eichel or VGK fan but I can’t help but hope for the best for that guy. He missed 12 months of his prime over a personal health dispute with his employer… pretty ironic with everything else going on right now.

Might take a few games to get back in the swing of things, especially with a new team. But there’s no reason for that injury to slow him down physically, so I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get back to 100% and then some. It’s either that or he’s going to be battling spine injuries the rest of his career.

JoeMX1825
    MN

to me Eichel was always a big ? on just how good he is because he was always playing on terrible Buffalo teams or joke allstar games…

tswoboda

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Vegas trade Dadonov before the deadline if they can find someone to take him, in fact I think they would love to do that. I think that is still Plan A for them and Stone to LTIR buys them time and gives them a back-up plan. I would be shocked to see them trade anyone else at the magical $5m cap hit though… Marchessault, Smith, Karlsson, and Martinez are all important players for them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Vegas trade Dadonov before the deadline if they can find someone to take him, in fact I think they would love to do that. I think that is still Plan A for them and Stone to LTIR buys them time and gives them a back-up plan. I would be shocked to see them trade anyone else at the magical $5m cap hit though… Marchessault, Smith, Karlsson, and Martinez are all important players for them.

wouldn’t they still need to clear $5.25 capsapce to get Martinez back? unless they plan to keep him out until the playoffs as well? lol, what a joke…

There’s been a rumor floating around that the other GM’s are going to band together and not help Vegas out by taking players and or salary from them…we’ll see…

tswoboda

wouldn’t they still need to clear $5.25 capsapce to get Martinez back? unless they plan to keep him out until the playoffs as well? lol, what a joke…

Yeah in that situation they would have to, but I’m sure they’d rather keep him out than Stone. And the Martinez injury is equally mysterious – out with a face cut for a few months now?? They’d love to get the hyped up Patches-Eichel-Stone line at least a few games together before the playoffs… pretty big risk entering the playoffs with a 1st line that’s never played together before.

tswoboda

Russo on The Athletic Podcast talking Wild and Anson Carter. He said he had a good conversation with Anson but he thinks it’s BS that Carter didn’t publicly apologize. Russo “lost all respect for TNT network”. Sounds like he emailed TNT producers asking for an apology and got a canned lawyer speak response that really set him off again.

I really wanted that story to die, but here I am fanning the flames again…

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vVEFNQzQ2Mzk4OTc3MTE/episode/MDI1YjdmOGEtNDgyMS0xMWVjLTg1M2UtOTdjOGI1ZmQ1Y2Y4?sa=X&ved=0CAQQkfYCahcKEwjY3O6OpYD2AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQLA

Ice Cap

Russo on The Athletic Podcast talking Wild and Anson Carter. He said he had a good conversation with him but it’s BS that he didn’t publicly apologize and lost all respect for TNT network. I really wanted that story to die, but here I am fanning the flames again…

Yeah I was there ready to let it go. But I’m so tired of this double standard crap and to accuse a guy like Russo is just ridiculous. Illustrates how phony all this black history month and diversity and inclusive stuff is. It’s more than TNT you need to lose respect for the NHL dropped the ball as well. They missed a opportunity to show that racism is not tolerated from anyone. But instead they decided to let it perpetuate. Good job NHL and TNT. roll

JoeMX1825
    MN

I still don’t know what “code” he was referring that Russo should know about unless it’s something to do with “media” folks not ripping each other??

I just dont know how Carter could in any way come up with the conclusions he did based on that Russo tweeted about him not knowing the Wild’s depth???

Its just laughable to think about what started it all!

Just boggles the mind….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Jeepers, Jordie Benn… -2 already

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good lord we’ve had 5-6 Grade A chances already and were losing 2-0

CaptainMusky

I dont know, we should have at least 3 goals already…

I was joking.i typed it right as Carter said it on air

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    I dont know, we should have at least 3 goals already…

I was joking.i typed it right as Carter said it on air

its setup as one for sure after the huge rush beating the Canes, but we’ve been shot out of a cannon tonight.

CaptainMusky

SOB Boldy is going to be expensive.

Ripjiggen

Walked in a minute late because the wife was taking her sweet time at dinner. I was like WTF. Back to 0-0 I guess now. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

SOB Boldy is going to be expensive.

I would think he could be bridged at a decent rate for a few years until we’re out of cap hell and the cap goes up a good chunk then sign him long term

CaptainMusky

Walked in a minute late because the wife was taking her sweet time at dinner. I was like WTF. Back to 0-0 I guess now. jester

LOL way to throw the bride under the bridge on Valentine’s day

CaptainMusky

I would think he could be bridged at a decent rate for a few years until we’re out of cap hell and the cap goes up a good chunk then sign him long term

I sure hope so.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Think these refs want to see a goal record tonight…

Ripjiggen

It definitely wasn’t my fault we were late. She don’t know what IDO is my secret is safe.
    Although she fully heard my big sigh when I walked in and saw the second goal.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I sure hope so.

anybody confirm he cant be offer sheeted?

Viewing 30 posts - 3,391 through 3,420 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.