2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Johansson scored again today with another bomb of a shot. Not that Johansson, the other one. -)

Wondering if they offer Simon an Iowa contract? Philip’s only value is that he can get us a 2nd round pick this draft…at least he’s no AJ Thelen and we’ll get something back…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

How the hell is Eric Staal able to play for Team Canada in the Olympics?

mojogunter

He is from Canada and no longer on an NHL team.

tswoboda

How the hell is Eric Staal able to play for Team Canada in the Olympics?

Yeah I’m not following the question here. He played a few games with Iowa specifically to prepare for the Olympics.

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>
    So we are actually going to have a NHL team playing in a 5000 seat arena? What a mess that Coyote team is.

is it better they play in a basically empty 19,000 seat stadium??? That franchise is a joke, but the NHL wants a team in that market so they are obviously doing EVERYTHING they can to keep it there until somebody figures it out…

$2 beer nights will bring in the college kids and at least there will be some energy for a Yotes game gain…

Yeah, might as well play in a half empty 5000 seat arena. smile

JoeMX1825
    MN

Iowa goalie Hammond traded to Montreal for a 6’3” career ahl forward who racks up penalty minutes but doesn’t fight very well… good move for Hammond as he had zero chance in the Wild’s future, but the return is questionable, maybe just more protection for the kids in Iowa? Maybe McCloud is getting tired of the role?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yeah I’m not following the question here. He played a few games with Iowa specifically to prepare for the Olympics.

I keep confusing the eligibility of a player here. No NHL players, but other professional league players permitted.

On another note, he’s what, 38 years old now? Hard to imagine he would be as effective as another younger Canadian player. Or did he just get placed on the team because of his experience?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Gaudreau needs to go…

Ice Cap

Heck of a snipe by Fiala! Boldy should have at least one as well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Gaudreau needs to go…

after his first few disasterous shifts he’s actually been serviceable since… probably his best play for the Wild, but that aint saying much…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Heck of a snipe by Fiala! Boldy should have at least one as well.

Boldy needs to shoot more, he’s looking for Fiala a bit too much, forcing bad passes alot…

Ripjiggen

Did the famous grouse hack Joes account? jester
    Great game to watch so far. Great pace.

listened to beyond the pond this morning driving back from hockey.
    Russo and Mich were talking and neither think the wild will make a trade at the deadline.
    Think Hertl resigns
    Giroux way to expensive to acquire and probably wouldn’t pick the wild.
    Pavelski chance of resigning and Dallas has been playing better so they may think they have a chance.
    Both don’t think they will make a secondary type center move as they don’t think the next tier is much better than what they have to make a chemistry change.

Alright let’s lock down the third.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Maybe I need to keep ripping him… ;)

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Good thing he shot all those pucks last summer.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Feels like playoff hockey! 2 elite teams

CaptainMusky

Joe, great reverse psychology gaudreau love it

CaptainMusky

Feels like playoff hockey! 2 elite teams

These are 2 elite teams for sure. Love to see it. I wasn’t liking it early in the first but the wild have come back strong.

CaptainMusky

Crap penalty against Zuc there and it led to PPG. Booo

Ripjiggen

How many times has that happened this year on this thread. When someone has been ripped on.
    Freddy Hockey…Freddy Hockey

Watching the game with my 5 year old and playing knee hockey in the basement.
    His goalie debut is tomorrow.😬

JoeMX1825
    MN

GMBG needs to keep Fiala…. Having 2 game breakers is so so nice!

JoeMX1825
    MN

We will eventually get bit in the a$$ for our crappy faceoffs… Sturm is repeatedly put out for crucial draws and loses them all absolutely clean…

nice win tonight! Wild proved something to themselves and the rest of the league..

Ice Cap

For sure. Goal scorers like Fiala are hard to come by. He could have had two tonight. Somehow I feel he’s the guy on the move and Dumba stays. They can afford only one of them.

CaptainMusky

Sturm hasn’t been good on faceoffs for sure. He won’t be around next year but we need to figure it out now. He shouldn’t be out there for key faceoffs

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

For sure. Goal scorers like Fiala are hard to come by. He could have had two tonight. Somehow I feel he’s the guy on the move and Dumba stays. They can afford only one of them.

All depends on what Fiala asks for.No way BG is not thinking about Rossi between Fiala and Boldy and what his front four would look like.
    Their next best prospects are D men.
    First of many tough decisions over the next several years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I had serious doubts GMBG wanted Fiala around long term at the start of the season, but I feel like Fiala has matured alot since and has showed GMBG how important he is to the team and how he can protect Kaprizov and the 1st line. I agree, if Fiala plays hardball and wants the huge money (which he’s entitled to) and wont take less, no matter what GMBG wants, he just cant afford him. IF Fiala is willing to take a more team friendly deal in the $6-7 range, GMBG could likely make that work with a combination of moving Dumba, Talbot and getting Goligoski to take a veteran minimum 1-2 year deal. Most wont want to move Talbot, but he’s not here after next season anyways, we need to extend Kaapo this offseason and Wallstedt is lurking in the wings in 2-3 years…Tough decision trading your starter, but he makes the money situation look better…

Ice Cap

Can Fiala be offer sheeted? If so he’d be a perfect target. Dumba is at what 6AAV now? I don’t see how he’s worth more than that. But I’m sure he’s going to want a raise. Yeah some tough decisions coming and I wouldn’t want to be BG.

I’m sure there are going to be decisions made where we go WTF?? While others we will be cheering. I agree with Joe that it might be time to move Talbot. I think Fiala cannot afford any let downs going forward in fact he may need to up his game even more to endear himself enough to BG and Evason for them to be serious about retaining him.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,331 through 3,360 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.