2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Every athlete/human on earth has a pre-existing injury they could blame, but they continue to compete/live through it, nothing unique for Mark Stone…I know you’re simply pointing out the technicality Vegas can use, i’m just pointing out how rediculous it is if they use it…

tswoboda

Well it seems like a lot of fans are wondering why they NHL doesn’t do anything about this or why they let Vegas and TB get away with it.

I’m just trying to point out why there’s not a dam thing the NHL can do about it. At least not this season. It’s going to take rule and policy changes, and not just little tweaks. It’s going to take a massive overhaul of the Injury Reserve system or possibly even the entire Salary Cap system. Those are huge changes that would likely happen with a new or heavily modified CBA.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Well it seems like a lot of fans are wondering why they NHL doesn’t do anything about this or why they let Vegas and TB get away with it.

I’m just trying to point out why there’s not a dam thing the NHL can do about it. At least not this season. It’s going to take rule and policy changes, and not just little tweaks. It’s going to take a massive overhaul of the Injury Reserve system or possibly even the entire Salary Cap system. Those are huge changes that would likely happen with a new or heavily modified CBA.

Vegas hasn’t gotten away with anything yet… my hope is the NHL interjects if Vegas tries to play the LTIR game…

Tampa got away with it last year, The NHL it won’t happen again.. This is my Hope.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    The tweet has since been deleted. I’m sure in 500 replies on Twitter some of them will unfortunately contain some racial slurs or comments. Just how Twitter is. Lots of awful people on it.

Anson’s tweet? I just went to his profile and found it. Feb 3.

Whatever your link was to was deleted.

tswoboda

Tampa got away with it last year, The NHL it won’t happen again.. This is my Hope.

Ugh, I tried.

Gotcha it was from some off the wall twitter account.

The Dark Webs

tswoboda

I’m not a sheep…
    hat

LOL Baaa-a-a Baaa-aa-a

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-02-10-150643.png

Ice Cap

Just watched NHL Now and NHL Tonight. That’s three hours of NHL news and analysis. Not a word about the Anson Carter remarks about Russo. This is why the problem will never go away. No one can be honest enough about it to actually change anything. They can celebrate black history month all they want but it changes nothing. As long as person like Carter can insinuate a guy like Russo is a racist over a minor disagreement and it gets ignored when if the roles were reversed Russo’s career would likely be over today. Russo does not want to give this anymore oxygen according to what he told PA this morning so he’s going to live with being called a racist on national tv.

Until people can be honest enough to condemn racism whenever it’s seen and not differentiate between who or what color that person is it will always remain a problem.

Off my pulpit now. mad

Ripjiggen

I can’t believe I missed Marchy-63 talk. How is he being compared to Sean Avery and Mike Rupp?? Marchand is easily a top 5 two-way forward league-wide over the last 5 seasons. Also on one of the best bargain contracts in the league, and his teammates love him. What he did Tuesday night was ridiculously stupid, but anyone who says they wouldn’t love that little rat on their team is just lying to themselves.

It was a lot of March’s is a d-bag talk and I simply compare his antics to Matte Cooke and Avery. How it’s a big part of his game to get under peoples skin. Avery was probably not a good comparison. I would take Marchy in a heartbeat on my team.
    Joe then said Marchy is just dirty and turtles so had to show him March fighting at 5’9” compared to the pillow fights Cooke was fighting guys like Pommiville and Niedermeyer.
    Don’t think he watched any of them but that’s ok.
    Still stand by my statement that I would take Marchy any day of the week.
    Anyway.

Feel horrible for Russo. Was put in a horrible situation by Carter. Anson should be ashamed of himself and so should TNT to let that go on. Seams like Carter wants to blame something personal on someone and it’s unfortunate it was Russo.
    Listening to KFAN on the way home and sounds like Russo is struggling with the situation and is feeling guilt from it which he should feel zero.
    Sorry for rant and long post but long day at work catching up on the best thread on IDO.
    Can’t wait for these 40 games in 70 odd days. We should be at 200 post in no time.

Oh last thing Foligno 2 games seems fair. Can’t knee a guy in the face. Serve it and move on. Pretty sure he learned his lesson in the heat of the battle in that one.

deertracker

I’m not up to date on this thread. Has anyone posted yet about the KHL calling their season and starting the playoffs after the Olympic break?
    DT

Ripjiggen

No mention yet. Will be interesting to see if some guys sign and come over this season.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Russo said he talked to Anson today and both apologized. Not sure Russo needed to apologize but he was clearly being the better man. Still waiting for Anson’s tweet about it though……….

Ripjiggen

Zero reason for Russo to apologize.
    Definitely a better man than Carter.
    Hopefully he learned from his actions and realizes what comments like his can do in this day in age.

CaptainMusky

Hopefully he learned from his actions and realizes what comments like his can do in this day in age.

He was guilted into an apology merely because he’s a professional and the race of the other fellow. Wasn’t deserved Anson was a complete dick. Listening to the audio is one thing but watching him is quite another. He was trying to roast someone on national TV because he was embarrassed.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

He was guilted into an apology merely because he’s a professional and the race of the other fellow. Wasn’t deserved Anson was a complete dick. Listening to the audio is one thing but watching him is quite another. He was trying to roast someone on national TV because he was embarrassed.

Completely agree. The sad part is Anson won’t face any repercussions because the R word was insinuated even though it could’ve cost Russo his career if it wasn’t so blatantly false.

Ice Cap

I never had a opinion on Carter either way truthfully before he exposed himself for what he really is last night. Russo understandably wants to put this behind him. I can see where they need to talk and agree to bury the hatchet but Russo actually apologizing to him goes a bit to far.

Carter should be made to make a very humble and public apology at the very least. I hope Gretzky being the consummate professional he is would tell TNT he will not be on the set with Carter again to avoid and further embarrassments.

Ripjiggen

Agree cap, but The great one is about the most non-controversial athlete of all time.
    Honestly it shouldn’t be up to him to make this right. To me that is an unfair thing to put on Gretz. If he is the one that has to say something I more so question the folks he works with and for.

Ice Cap

Agree cap, but The great one is about the most non-controversial athlete of all time.
    Honestly it shouldn’t be up to him to make this right. To me that is an unfair thing to put on Gretz. If he is the one that has to say something I more so question the folks he works with and for.

Good point and you are right it should not be up to Gretzky to try to make this right. This is one of those trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube deals. I imagine Gretzky is the type that is proud of his reputation and does not appreciate someone like Carter putting him in a position of embarrassment particularly when racial undertones are involved on national tv. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t say something to Carter or TNT but we will never be privvy to that.

Gretzky did his best to change the subject as soon as he heard Carter mention Russo but it didn’t work. Sounds to me like Carter may have been chirping about it in pre production meetings. Gretzky and the rest of the crew knew Carter was butt hurt but probably didn’t expect the race card to be thrown.

Carter’s opinion on anything will never mean anything to me again and when I see him on tv running his pie hole the mute button will be hit or channel changed.

tswoboda

It was a lot of March’s is a d-bag talk and I simply compare his antics to Matte Cooke and Avery. How it’s a big part of his game to get under peoples skin. Avery was probably not a good comparison. I would take Marchy in a heartbeat on my team.

Gotcha. Those guys were only in the NHL because of their antics, Marchand is one of best players in the NHL. That’s why I think comparing him with those guys just silly. Most fans have no idea how good Marchand is… over the last 5 seasons he’s been one of the best players in the NHL. He produces offense like Mackinnon and still one of the best defensive wingers in the league. Everyone wants him on their team.

Attachments:
    1. marchy.png

tswoboda

Anyone catch the end of the Iowa Wild game last night? It was…. not good, not good at all.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Anyone catch the end of the Iowa Wild game last night? It was…. not good, not good at all.

I haven’t seen an update on Addison yet, initially I though tit was Rossi that collided with him, but it wasn’t…so at least it wasn’t a double-prospect whammy…

tswoboda

I haven’t seen an update on Addison yet, initially I though tit was Rossi that collided with him, but it wasn’t…so at least it wasn’t a double-prospect whammy…

Yeah it was Shaw, who is build exactly like a bowling ball and looked completely unfazed. Absolutely crushed Addy. I doubt we’ll hear any injury update on Addison until he’s back in the lineup. Just like we got basically nothing when Rossi, Boldy, Dewar, etc. were hurt earlier in the season.

CaptainMusky

COmpletely missed it but found the video here. Looked harmless, but I think he took the shoulder right to the sternum. I got hit like that in front of the net at hockey camp years ago and I literally couldnt breathe. The said it was just a bruised rib, well decades later I had an xray of my chest and they asked me when I broke my sternum. No wonder there is a damn lump there still.

CaptainMusky

Crazy way to lose a dang game LOL

Ice Cap

So we are actually going to have a NHL team playing in a 5000 seat arena? What a mess that Coyote team is.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So we are actually going to have a NHL team playing in a 5000 seat arena? What a mess that Coyote team is.

is it better they play in a basically empty 19,000 seat stadium??? That franchise is a joke, but the NHL wants a team in that market so they are obviously doing EVERYTHING they can to keep it there until somebody figures it out…

$2 beer nights will bring in the college kids and at least there will be some energy for a Yotes game gain…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Marchand is one of best players in the NHL. That’s why I think comparing him with those guys just silly. Most fans have no idea how good Marchand is… over the last 5 seasons he’s been one of the best players in the NHL

His stats speak for himself. While he may be a bit of an agitator, I wouldn’t call him a goon like Avery or Cooke.

Part of the reason for his success may also be the two guys he’s often paired with. Pasta and Bergie plus Marchand constitute what many believe to be the best line in the entire NHL.

Can’t say I agree with being a face licker though lol

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    Marchand is one of best players in the NHL. That’s why I think comparing him with those guys just silly. Most fans have no idea how good Marchand is… over the last 5 seasons he’s been one of the best players in the NHL

His stats speak for himself. While he may be a bit of an agitator, I wouldn’t call him a goon like Avery or Cooke.

Part of the reason for his success may also be the two guys he’s often paired with. Pasta and Bergie plus Marchand constitute what many believe to be the best line in the entire NHL.

Can’t say I agree with being a face licker though lol

Avery and Cooke weren’t goons, they could both skate and put up some points (Avery was .43 ppg, Cooke was .38 ppg in their careers) Jody Shelley, Cody McCloud, Boogaard, George Laraque were goons…I brought those two names up because (like Marchand) they did a ton of stupid, cheap crap on the ice…I mean seriously, Marchand has a phase where he was licking players on the face…wtf…some laugh at it, but it’s just stupid and shows he’s attention starved imo…

YES, he’s a good player (who also plays with 2 allstars and fits his niche on that line perfectly) I think now it’s more about Marchand doing things for Marchand to stay on brand…

CaptainMusky

Johansson scored again today with another bomb of a shot. Not that Johansson, the other one. -)

Viewing 30 posts - 3,301 through 3,330 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.