2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• Ice Cap

Russo was just on with PA and the addressed the Anson thing. You can tell it really hurt him. He is taking the high road and it sounds like he has an outpouring of support from others in the league.

Russo is the kind of guy who would shake hands with Carter today and put it behind him. If Carter publicly apologizes it’s only because TNT makes him do it. “It sounds all white to me” can you imagine if one of the white analyst said that same thing just substituting black for white?!?

Is it possible that Anson was getting racist replies on Twitter?

I read about a dozen replies and didn’t see anything racist. But there were nearly 500 replies so who knows. If you’re going to be on Twitter land, Facebook ,Instagram and so on you better realize things can get pretty harsh and you better have the ability to roll with the punches.

CaptainMusky

Russo is the kind of guy who would shake hands with Carter today and put it behind him. If Carter publicly apologizes it’s only because TNT makes him do it. “It sounds all white to me” can you imagine if one of the white analyst said that same thing just substituting black for white?!?

They wouldnt be on the air after the commercial break.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The tweet has since been deleted. I’m sure in 500 replies on Twitter some of them will unfortunately contain some racial slurs or comments. Just how Twitter is. Lots of awful people on it.

Feel bad for Russo. Sure seems like he’s one of the most respected hockey writers in the game and to have to get drug into that mess is just ridiculous.

I imagine his next podcast will be pretty good.

CaptainMusky

The tweet has since been deleted. I’m sure in 500 replies on Twitter some of them will unfortunately contain some racial slurs or comments. Just how Twitter is. Lots of awful people on it.

Anson’s tweet? I just went to his profile and found it. Feb 3.

Ice Cap

The Tweet can still be found but I think the internet is being scrubbed of the video from the TNT broadcast last night where Carter can be heard making his racist comments.

tswoboda

None of the tweets or videos have been deleted… yet. TNT analysts trying so hard to pull Anson out of his hole but he just keeps digging harder. They were literally trying to get out of the camera shot next to him.

tswoboda

I can’t believe I missed Marchy-63 talk. How is he being compared to Sean Avery and Mike Rupp?? Marchand is easily a top 5 two-way forward league-wide over the last 5 seasons. Also on one of the best bargain contracts in the league, and his teammates love him. What he did Tuesday night was ridiculously stupid, but anyone who says they wouldn’t love that little rat on their team is just lying to themselves.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I can’t believe I missed Marchy-63 talk. How is he being compared to Sean Avery and Mike Rupp?? Marchand is easily a top 5 two-way forward league-wide over the last 5 seasons. Also on one of the best bargain contracts in the league, and his teammates love him. What he did Tuesday night was ridiculously stupid, but anyone who says they wouldn’t love that little rat on their team is just lying to themselves.

I never questioned his talent (he has been graced in his career to play with perfect linemates to maximize his skillset) I said he would be a good player without the childish antics and lets be honest, he’s been bordering on the insanely stupid the past few years…He’s also a (p-word) and throws a punch and runs away or waits until a player is tied up with somebody else before he darts in to get a cheap shot and then skates away…
    Hard to say any player in the league would want him on their team when he’s only played for the Bruins his entire career… My comparison to Cooke and Avery (also cheap d-bags) is that at least they would fight if challenged (within reason, I didn’t expect Cooke to fight Matt Johnson or Boogaard when he chopped their feet those times years ago) he’s a d-bag, always will be…

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

What ever came of Foligno’s hearing with the league after the knee to the face during his fight?

JoeMX1825
    MN

What ever came of Foligno’s hearing with the league after the knee to the face during his fight?

was delayed until later today…

CaptainMusky

was delayed until later today…

Russo was supposed to interview Parros for an upcoming podcast but that had to be rescheduled with all the events that happened Tuesday night.

wormdunker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    I know Bob is not a fan of that size sheet and is planning to change Minnesota to a NHL size rink.

Not a surprise he would say that. He’s trying to cover his failures as a head coach at both St Cloud and Minnesota. Blaming it on the rink size change.

Ignorant comment. Bob is a great coach, you fail to mention his successes. He raised St cloud to a power, he won a world junior gold. At the U, he has to managed taking young superstars vs aged vets to win championships.
    If he misses on a HS blue chipper you would call him out for poor recruiting and in the next post complain the U is too young.

It is widely known among actual hockey people that playing on Olympic sized Marriucci has negatively impacted the U when it comes to advancing in the ncaa’s. Lucia was trying to get the rink size reduced as well. The NHL rink is what this game should be played on. Hockey on Olympic sheet is like watching bandy or womens a hockey. Women because they are so small the sheet looks bigger. The sport needs to standardize the playing surface and I can assure you the expense to increase to Olympic sheet in arenas is prohibitive. Thankfully you will see Marriucci reduce to NHL size but the school Needs financial distance between them and covid.

CaptainMusky

Ignorant comment. Bob is a great coach, you fail to mention his successes. He raised St cloud to a power, he won a world junior gold. At the U, he has to managed taking young superstars vs aged vets to win championships.
    If he misses on a HS blue chipper you would call him out for poor recruiting and in the next post complain the U is too young.

Someone isnt coping well when his coach left his program for the UofM. Bob is a great coach and I said that before he was even a Gopher Coach. Head and shoulders was a better coach than Dahl. I like SCSU’s new coach however.

wormdunker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Anson’s tweet? I just went to his profile and found it. Feb 3.

I exclusively watch the away team game feeds, I suggest you try it. It is so refreshing. Cant lose sight of the fact the Wild beat NYR on 1/28 and Spoiled King Henriks retirement. The Wild killed an otherwise huge night for the NYR. Anson is the studio host for the NYR, I can confirm he sucks at that too. He likely had his fill of Wild praise and was probably trying to exact some revenge on Wild fans over the Blackhawks game. It is pretty rare you see a TV analyst attack a fan base, which shows his immaturity.

wormdunker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wormdunker wrote:</div>

Someone isnt coping well when his coach left his program for the UofM. Bob is a great coach and I said that before he was even a Gopher Coach. Head and shoulders was a better coach than Dahl. I like SCSU’s new coach however.

Trust me, he is better than Dahl was too. But my goodness the guy went though a tragedy, I dont know how anyone can say a word about him this year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Trust me, he is better than Dahl was too. But my goodness the guy went though a tragedy, I dont know how anyone can say a word about him this year.

I agree. The knock on his teams is that they aren’t ready come NCAA tourney time. How many times did he have a highly ranked team going into the NCAAs, only to lose in the first game against an inferior opponent? It was a lot. Some of that is on the players, but considering he was the one constant during that span, its on him.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I cannot even fathom what he has gone through. Its like his heart was torn beating from his chest.

CaptainMusky

I agree. The knock on his teams is that they aren’t ready come NCAA tourney time. How many times did he have a highly ranked team going into the NCAAs, only to lose in the first game against an inferior opponent? It was a lot. Some of that is on the players, but considering he was the one constant during that span, its on him.

SCSU had a long history of having good to great teams but being total duds in the NCAA tourney. Heck they won their first ever NCAA tourney game with Motzko as their coach and they had plenty of good teams and were high seeds under Dahl. Its one of those things in sports. If there is something you’ve never done or rarely done its hard to overcome regardless of players/coaches. Look how hard it is for the Vikings to win at Soldier field.

CaptainMusky

Foligno suspended 2 games. 1st game back? Next week in WPG. This should be a good one.

JoeMX1825
    MN

There’s a good article online (dailyfaceoff.com) about how Vegas will clear the capspace to get Eichel activated. They mentioned and I immedtely thought of this myself when I saw it scroll on the tv ticker, that Mark Stone was a late scratch the other night, it was later mentioned he might have “Back Issues” from a previous injury….

again it’s speculation, but the article mentioned the league GM’s are paying close attention to it and want the league to interact if it’s a clear ploy to get Eichel in and Stone back for the playoffs…

tswoboda

There’s a good article online (dailyfaceoff.com) about how Vegas will clear the capspace to get Eichel activated They mentioned and I immedtely thought of this myself when I saw it scroll on the tv ticker, that Mark Stone was a late scratch the other night, it was later mentioned he might have “Back Issues” from a previous injury….

again it’s speculation, but the article mentioned the league GM’s are paying close attention to it and want the league to interact if it’s a clear ploy to get Eichel in and Stone back for the playoffs…

WOW! Who could have seen this coming?!?!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-02-10-134758.png

JoeMX1825
    MN

it was so obvious though….they are “potentially” making the NHL look like a fool….

They should have just decided to keep Eichel out until the playoffs if it was their plan all along to use LTIR during the season to skirt the cap limit, very hard to prove his injury return timeline since its never been done on a hockey player…

CaptainMusky

it was so obvious though….they are “potentially” making the NHL look like a fool….

I would think the NHL would scrutinize the Vegas medical records however.

tswoboda

My post was from 3 days ago, when Eichel first started skating and all of the talk was “who will Vegas trade?”. It’s always obvious after it happens, but no one said anything about it until after the Stone injury announced.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

My post was from 3 days ago, when Eichel first started skating and all of the talk was “who will Vegas trade?”. It’s always obvious after it happens, but no one said anything about it until after the Stone injury announced.

my point was that it’s so obvious that it’s openly mocking the NHL, Eichel and his $10aav ready to go on the books, Vegas Mgmt “let’s simply say Stone is hurt again and remove his $9.5aav” problem solved, let’s go home!

I figured they would make it a little less obvious…

lol, i’m waiting for Vegas to provide an explanation that he injured himself working so hard or taking a hit at the All-Star game….

tswoboda

I would think the NHL would scrutinize the Vegas medical records however.

It’s a chronic back problem that Stone’s been dealing with for years and missed time for at the beginning of this season. It’s not like he’s wildly faking an injury, just that he’s CONVENIENTLY deciding not to play through pain right now… or at least that’s how it’s going to be sold. My guess is that he has a herniated disc that flares up from time to time. Very common injury for NHL players.

All he has to do is say “ugh my back is stiff” and there’s not a dam thing the NHL can do about it. The NHLPA would be all over Gary if they tried to tell a veteran star player with a back problem that he’s healthy enough to play.

JoeMX1825
    MN

We (mostly I) can argue about it all we want, until the NHL steps in and stops it or changes the LTIR rule it will keep happening…

tswoboda

lol, i’m waiting for Vegas to provide an explanation that he injured himself working so hard at the All-Star game….

Pre-existing injury, nothing new there. There are articles from this fall/early winter stating it’s something he’s been dealing with for years. Like I said 3 days ago, Vegas has tons of ammo here. The NHL isn’t going to be able to do anything to stop them.

And I totally agree that it’s BS and extremely obvious, but I can also see it’s obvious Vegas is going to get away with it whether the NHL wants them to or not.

CaptainMusky

It’s a chronic back problem that Stone’s been dealing with for years and missed time for at the beginning of this season. It’s not like he’s wildly faking an injury, just that he’s CONVENIENTLY deciding not to play through pain right now… or at least that’s how it’s going to be sold. My guess is that he has a herniated disc that flares up from time to time. Very common injury for NHL players.

I hear you, Im just saying they will be looking at this I am sure. They’ve already stated earlier that they are going to be watchful in the future when these types of things come up.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,271 through 3,300 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.