2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• tswoboda

Someone definitely p!ssed in Marchy’s Cheerios yesterday. He had 4 separate WTF moments in that game. The first 2 were kinda funny but those last 2 shots at Jarry, he was pretty much begging for a suspension. He gets an in person hearing with Parros which can be 5+ games.

Regular phone hearing for Foligno.

CaptainMusky

Agreed the swiping the puck so Jarry couldnt flip it to a fan was hilarious actually. The rest a joke.

tswoboda

Did you see what he did to Crosby blocking him from the bench? Also kinda funny but just because it’s Crosby and they are buddies.

CaptainMusky

Did you see what he did to Crosby blocking him from the bench? Also kinda funny but just because it’s Crosby and they are buddies.

Yeah, that was funny too. He was really creating havoc last night for sure. What do you think he gets, 5 games? I think it probably is 5.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I don’t see Foligno getting more than 1 game if not any suspension…Marchand i’m hoping gets at least 5…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Douchebag extrodinaire Marchand gets 6 games off. What. A. Prick.

Ripjiggen

I am sure I am in the minority but, I would take Marchand on my team any day. Super skilled and can literally get players completely off there game worrying about him.
    Dude is small, knows he ain’t going to drop the mits so does what he has to, to play with an edge.
    Over the top competitive and will literally do anything to win.
    If he didn’t have game to back up his mouth then it would be a different story like Sean Avery or Matt Cooke.
    Although licking someone is just flat out weird. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Marchand is a gutless prick, at least Avery and Cooke would drop the mitts and answer for alot of their childish antics. I didnt think I could hate a player worse than Cooke, but Marchand (and Antoine Roussel) changed my mind…

He would be just as good of a player if he wasn’t a dbag on the ice, he does all of the other crap just to get attention…

Ripjiggen

I Disagree. It is part of his game. Like I said I am sure I am in the minority but I would take him on my team any day. He does it for the same reason Avery and Cooke did it but Marchand can actually play hockey. The other two did it because that is the only thing they could do. Completely worthless players otherwise.
    Here is a list of players Cooke so courageously dropped the mitts with. Some pretty tough guys on this list. (Sarcasm)
    Hell half of them only had one career fight.
    Oh and Evander Kane one punched him and knocked him out.
    He turtled against Shea Webber after he speared Webber in the junk.
    Avery was just a dink that I don’t think his own teammates even liked him.
    Especially those that had sloppy seconds. 😂

Jamie Langenbrunner
    Jason Pominville
    Jannik Hansen
    Ricard Persson
    Jason Marshall
    Ryan Callahan
    David Hale
    Rob Niedermayer
    Ladislav Kohn
    Evander Kane
    Trevor Daley
    Alex Korolyuk
    Ryan Malone
    Steve Moore
    Mike Richards
    Chris Drury
    Ron Petrovicky
    Derick Brassard
    Ilya Kovalchuk
    Shea Webber

JoeMX1825
    MN

Cooke is listed as a generous 5’11, he’d be stupid to fight the heavyweights…

Kane, Malone, Richards…. those are good tough fighters…. Of course he’s going to fight the other guys, skilled guys, take them off the ice for 5 minutes if he can. Marchand just turtles and runs or sucker punches and runs…

Again I hated Cooke, but at least he answered the bell most of the time… Avery had a few decent years of being an effective player, but he lost points with hockey purists and then started to get too big for his own head and started to get “New York weird” …but he also almost always answered the bell…

Ripjiggen

Ok so Marchand is listed at a generous 5’9 and he has dropped the mits his fair share. You must not watch enough Bruin games. Here is a list of guys who he has had legit fights with if you would like to watch any of them online. I must warn you though no turtle mode in these ones.
    Hell Marchand list are at least guys that didn’t have one career fight.
    Fighting guys like pommiville, niedermeyer, Callahan, kovulchuck, Moore isn’t exactly answering the bell.

Andrew Cogliano
    Matt Niskanen
    P.K. Subban
    Mike Ribeiro
    Andrew Shaw
    Steven Stamkos
    Roman Josi
    Zack Smith
    Lars Eller
    Filip Hronek
    Nikolaj Ehlers
    Vladislav Namestnikov

Agree to disagree on this one.

JoeMX1825
    MN

How stupid has this Russo/Anson Carter feud gotten? Anson’s comments last night about it being race related are just stupid, dangerous and uncalled for… no idea how you take Russo’s simple reply and turn it into something so dark???? I guess with Biz not being on the show lately he felt he had to stir the pot a bit and MAKE a story, if that’s the case its truly sad & desparate, especially with legitimate race issues the sport is trying to eliminate from the game.

I sure hope he gives a real apology next time they are on the air.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

USA is playing host nation China in preliminary play at this time. The good guys are up 1-0 in the first period.

CaptainMusky

USA is playing host nation China in preliminary play at this time. The good guys are up 1-0 in the first period.

they better put up at least 10 or it’s not looking good.

Ice Cap

How stupid has this Russo/Anson Carter feud gotten? Anson’s comments last night about it being race related are just stupid, dangerous and uncalled for… no idea how you take Russo’s simple reply and turn it into something so dark???? I guess with Biz not being on the show lately he felt he had to stir the pot a bit and MAKE a story, if that’s the case its truly sad & desparate, especially with legitimate race issues the sport is trying to eliminate from the game.

Stay on code? Translation please. Gretzky must have known where Carter was going right away because he tried to divert the subject. Did Carter say something about Russo being white at the end? I couldn’t quite understand what he was saying. Other than that he said “It’s the wrong month for that”. Big deal. I’m not offended by that. Carter is being childish and can’t argue on the merits of the subject so he says something like that. Everybody needs to get thicker skin.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Watching Team USA right now I sure wished the NHL went to Olympic ice size.. I understand it will likely never happen because it equates to less revenue generated due to removing a row or 2 of expensive seats around the rink, but it would definately free up some offense as the skilled players would have more room to dangle… Kaprizov would be deadly on Olympic ice…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

they better put up at least 10 or it’s not looking good.

China is definitely better than expected. Half their roster isn’t technically “chinese”, they’re from Canada or another country but they meet IIHF residency requirements to play for China.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

but it would definately free up some offense as the skilled players would have more room to dangle

That has always been my opinion too. More space = more creativity. Some college rinks still use an Olympic size sheet. Both Minnesota and St Cloud have them. When you watch a game there, its noticeable how much more “skating” occurs.

The announcers said that these hockey games in Beijing are actually being played on an NHL size sheet. Not an Olympic size rink. I find that to be odd.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Stay on code? Translation please. Gretzky must have known where Carter was going right away because he tried to divert the subject. Did Carter say something about Russo being white at the end? I couldn’t quite understand what he was saying. Other than that he said “It’s the wrong month for that”. Big deal. I’m not offended by that. Carter is being childish and can’t argue on the merits of the subject so he says something like that. Everybody needs to get thicker skin.

He said off camera at the very end “It sounds all white to me…” He made several other race insinuations around “being lazy” & “Not during black history month” out of nowhere, not sure how you pull that from Russo’s simple comment that he doesn’t watch the Wild enough to understand the fans frustration with his “They have No Depth” comment that led to all of this… The more I watch it, it’s just a desparate attempt from him to create a narative that’s not there, and yes the other guys at the desk tried to go in different directions and Anson kept bringing it back… too bad none of them had the guts to just say he was out of bounds, but I get it, they have to work together, them all just trying to laugh it off is not the proper take though….

I have no idea what “Stay on code” meant???

JoeMX1825
    MN

The announcers said that these hockey games in Beijing are actually being played on an NHL size sheet. Not an Olympic size rink. I find that to be odd.

Really? that makes no sense…they are playing under IIHF rules, rink size is a major part of that… maybe because the original plan was to have NHL guys play???

Maybe because they seem to be mostly all smaller speed skill guys out there, the pace is really good and led to my rink size comment…

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    but it would definately free up some offense as the skilled players would have more room to dangle

That has always been my opinion too. More space = more creativity. Some college rinks still use an Olympic size sheet. Both Minnesota and St Cloud have them. When you watch a game there, its noticeable how much more “skating” occurs.

Probably why neither team does well in the regional play.
    I know Bob is not a fan of that size sheet and is planning to change Minnesota to a NHL size rink.

I missed this Carter fiasco will have to try and find it online. If he brought race into it, what a weak desperate play on his part.

Team China have Chris Chelios son on the team. Can’t remember, and I am sure I wouldn’t remember how to spell it anyway, what his Chinese name was.

Ice Cap

“It sounds all white to me” Well then he’s nothing more than a race baiter and is part of the problem. I don’t equate calling someone lazy as a racial slur or insult so I’ll give him a pass on that. Saying “It’s the wrong month for that” is just silly. Carter got drug through Twitter land pretty hard for his Tweet about the wild so I’m guessing that’s why he’s all butt hurt and he just focused that on Russo. I think (or hope) Russo is smart enough to just leave it there.

CaptainMusky

I missed this Carter fiasco will have to try and find it online. If he brought race into it, what a weak desperate play on his part.

I linked it in my comment above.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I know Bob is not a fan of that size sheet and is planning to change Minnesota to a NHL size rink.

Not a surprise he would say that. He’s trying to cover his failures as a head coach at both St Cloud and Minnesota. Blaming it on the rink size change.

Ripjiggen

Don’t think it is that. Maybe it was but it wasn’t in that context at the time. Much easier to expand your game than to condense it. Makes sense to play NHL rink size since most do and all regionals are held in NHL size.
    I think he was just making the point of they are kind of a rarity in college hockey. The big push for it years ago has faded and they are one of the few that play on one.
    Honestly the Olympic sheet thing is kind of old school thinking how it would allow players more space for skill and what not. It was a while ago that USA hockey was making a push for it. They have since changed their tune as yes there is more space but it actually slows reaction times down and puts more play further away from the net.

CaptainMusky

Not a surprise he would say that. He’s trying to cover his failures as a head coach at both St Cloud and Minnesota. Blaming it on the rink size change.

Thats not it at all. Teams who play on Olympic sized sheets are at a huge disadvantage come tourney time. They rarely play on an olympic sheet and teams like MN face teams that play every game on an NHL sheet and it takes away from what they are used to. Union loss a few years back is a prime example. MN had a far higher skilled roster, Union had a must older and more physical team and really dominated them. Mariucci has to replace the cooling system in the next few years regardless so they will be making that shift to NHL size at that time.
    Gopher fans have known about the rink size issue for decades. Its not something Motzko is hatching up.

CaptainMusky

Russo was just on with PA and the addressed the Anson thing. You can tell it really hurt him. He is taking the high road and it sounds like he has an outpouring of support from others in the league.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I linked it in my comment above.

Yeah that link wasnt working for me but I found it. What a tool.
    A. completely took Russo comment out of context.
    B. What a cheap comeback
    C. He is the one who took the first shot calling Russo out.
    D Did I say what a tool.

CaptainMusky

Yeah that link wasnt working for me but I found it. What a tool.
    A. completely took Russo comment out of context.
    B. What a cheap comeback
    C. He is the one who took the first shot calling Russo out.
    D Did I say what a tool.

Is it possible that Anson was getting racist replies on Twitter? I didnt see anything. Trying to think if the racist thing was directed at fans or Russo himself. Either way its classless.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,241 through 3,270 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.