2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• tswoboda

but they DECIDED to delay Kucherov’s surgery to better align with the start of the playoffs.

No they didn’t… Kuch tried to avoid surgery by coritsone and rehab in the offseason, but then aggravated the injury in training camp. That’s an exteremely common scenario with pro athletes. Just look at Zuccy and Parise who both did the exact same thing with the Wild in the last few years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    but they DECIDED to delay Kucherov’s surgery to better align with the start of the playoffs.

No they didn’t… Kuch tried to avoid surgery by coritsone and rehab in the offseason, but then aggravated the injury in training camp. That’s an exteremely common scenario with pro athletes. Just look at Zuccy and Parise who both did the exact same thing with the Wild in the last few years.

how convienant for the Lightning and their GM when they had their backs to the wall huh?

Big picture it’s really not even about Kucherov, yes they had to play without him all season and still make the playoffs for the plan to work, but they are a good team playing in a terrible division. The big picture is that it allowed them to keep their young stud RFA’s and gave themselves another year to let UFA play out their contracts and figure out how to continue to move pieces around capwise…

tswoboda

how convienant for the Lightning and their GM when they had their backs to the wall huh?

I guess so. But since neither of us were in GMJBB’s office I’d say we’re both equally silly for acting like we know the truth. I guess that leaves me being a sheep and you wearing a tinfoil hat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Have the salary cap run through the entire playoffs, problem solved…

tswoboda

Have the salary cap run through the entire playoffs, problem solved…

I agree there should be some policy change regarding LTIR, just playing devil’s advocate. The new policy will be way more complicated than fans seem to think it will be. Any time loopholes get closed, the rule gets more complicated – not less.

JoeMX1825
    MN

if they were cap compliant by the end of the year they are fine, everyone in the playoffs plays by the same rules…if you magically get Kucherov back for game 1 of the playoffs, then you need to figure out who to sit that totals $9.5 from your suited up roster before he can play…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think another behind the scenes reason for the NHL not closing the loophole is that the NHL WANTS to have the Kanes and Kucherovs playing when the spotlight on the league is the biggest…

Ice Cap

Walz in the studio with Audra. Do we get Gigi doing the game tonight?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Walz in the studio with Audra. Do we get Gigi doing the game tonight?

SOB!!!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Why no Carter anymore?

CaptainMusky

Greenway sticking up for Foligno. Love it

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

The slow mo made the hit look really late. Was it late?? I never got to see it in real time. Surprised that didn’t all end up being even strength.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol, the GREEF line is just full beastmode tonight! Our D making alot of bad decisions with the puck sofar tonight…

Ice Cap

The Wild didn’t play that great but it should be a tie game Hartman missed a open net from about six feet out.

CaptainMusky

They shouldn’t have been down a man with that fistacuffs. Screwed there

Ripjiggen

Kakko standing tall. Can’t say it enough having two goalies playing well will be huge.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think we need a faceoff guy??? We spent a majority of the game chasing to get the puck back…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I can’t believe in all the years Todd Marchant has been playing somebody hasnt lost it on him and taken his head off…. That player would be revered by his peers…

He’s such an incredible d-bag….

tswoboda

The boys just didn’t have the juice tonight. Sloppy game start to finish and never got any kind of rhythm or momentum going.

Foligno needs to reign it in a bit eh. He barely missed 2 suspensions already this season, but I don’t see how he gets out of this one. Hopefully it’s a wake up call. Love the passion he brings and trying to ignite something, but he’s too important to be spending half a game in the box and likely miss another 1 or 2. Nice to see Greenway initiate a fight and then hold his own… hopefully he can get better at that so Moose doesn’t have to carry the load there.

Ice Cap

The Wild got out muscled and out hustled. I agree Foligno needs to reign it in a bit. Don’t need him in the penalty box that much and he pretty much met his match in Lowry last night. He took a couple good shots to the head without his helmet in that last fight. Lucky he didn’t hurt. He’s going to be suspended for probably two games now. The schedule gets tougher and more condensed going forward.

Fight club is not the Wild’s style they will lose more of those style games then they will win. Need to stay out of those style games. Let the other teams take the penalties.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It was a typical Wild vs Jets game, they are always chippy. Wild D didn’t play well, Jordie Benn should not be getting 20 minutes of icetime…

Jets smothered any Wild zone entry and other than Hartman missing a completely open net from 5’ away, Hellibuck had an easy night with easy far out shots with no screens. Kaapo looked great again! Love the fire from Greenway! Foligno will have a nice long chat with Deano, his gooning days are over….

I think we won 13 of 49 faceoffs! 13!!

hop307
    Northern Todd County

I think we won 13 of 49 faceoffs! 13!!

I had to look it up, as I didn’t want to believe we could only win 14 faceoffs the whole game.

Ice Cap

Face offs have been a issue all year. Is Mikko still around? Maybe a one year deal at league minimum? He wins face offs and might be as good as any center we might get before the dead line! grin

CaptainMusky

It was clear they were targeting the GREEF line from the start. If the refs called that first hit on Foligno that fight never would have happened. Thats what led to Greenway going after the guy and then Foligno said youre not going to stick up for me and Lowry yanked him down from behind.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wild was just plain firing on half the cylinders last night. The only good news was Kappo. Without him standing on his head in the first, that was at least a 4-0 blowout.

To be honest, with all these long breaks between games, I’m surprised this kind of “couldn’t get ‘er going” game hasn’t happened more recently.

Other than that, total throwaway game. Do not adjust your set.

Grouse

tswoboda

It was clear they were targeting the GREEF line from the start. If the refs called that first hit on Foligno that fight never would have happened. Thats what led to Greenway going after the guy and then Foligno said youre not going to stick up for me and Lowry yanked him down from behind.

Pretty sure Greenway wasn’t looking at the refs arm before going after Dillon, that double fight was happening either way. And yeah Dillon was definitely looking for Foligno… it’s almost like trying to Superman punch a guy puts a target on your back whistling

CaptainMusky

Can we all say it together “Marchand is a weasel and needs his clock cleaned”? Man that guy is the worst. Helluva player, but all his other theatrics are just stupid. What he did to Jarry last night and Crosby just stood there? I dont care if you are the best player in the World, someone punches your goalie in the head, hands better be thrown.

Ice Cap

Can we all say it together “Marchand is a weasel and needs his clock cleaned”? Man that guy is the worst. Helluva player, but all his other theatrics are just stupid. What he did to Jarry last night and Crosby just stood there? I dont care if you are the best player in the World, someone punches your goalie in the head, hands better be thrown.

The guy everyone loves to hates but would love to have him in their sweater. Taking the puck off of Jarry’s stick when he’s trying to give it to a fan was a D bag move but kind of funny at the same time. The punch to Jarry’s head was just stupid. Crosby knows he getting past his prime and not too many years left. He don’t want to spend any more time with his jaw wired up and eating soup for months.

Marchand’s in for a heavy suspension given he’s a repeat, repeat again and then repeat a couple more times offender. He may get 5 but more likely three.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,211 through 3,240 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.