2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• Ripjiggen

This saucer pass at the belagio is terrible who is this announcer…no way people are watching this.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man, the NHL really misses the personalities like Roenick and Thachuk at all star games, these current players are dull robots in front of the cameras…

Nvm I thought it was going to real shot attempts…. What a gong show!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hopefully TNT takes over the Allstar events in the future, ESPN is so boring…this production is embarrassing…

Ripjiggen

This is horrible…Do freaking hockey skills.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I freaking love Vegas and got married there at the Bellagio so I’m enjoying this quite a bit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m embarrassed to be a hockey fan tonight after the breakaway challenge …. Kudos to Kirill for showing some personality in an uncomfortable situation for him, love how he totally wanted nothing to do with the interview guy…

Zegras did a legitimate move though! Crazy puck curl skills!

Ripjiggen

Would rather watch Zegras skate around for five minutes stick handling than this…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Unfortunately the best part of the skills comp was the bubble hockey animations……

JoeMX1825
    MN

This card game is cool, they finally got some personalities involved with Pavelski and Thuchuk..

Pavelski sniping!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Unfortunately the best part of the skills comp was the bubble hockey animations……

The Hanson’s were awesome!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I dont think Zegras move tonight is getting the appreciation it deserves! Lost in the chaos of the other silliness that went on afterwards…

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

This saucer pass at the belagio is terrible who is this announcer…no way people are watching this.

The Skill part of it was just ok, but the Announcers were horrendous!!!

The Breakaway Challenge was good.
    That “blindfold” move was pretty dang good! I got a kick out of KK being Ovi. rotflol

The rest of it was, meh.. I think some announcers with some enthusiasm would have went a long ways in terms of enjoying the talent show.

Tom schmitt

TNT’s chemestry of their staff is light years ahead of ESPN.
    ESPN’s guys know hockey, but they are boring.
    Zegras’s move was pretty awesome but I don’t think he was truly blindfolded and I’m pretty sure he had some kind of stickum on the end of his stick to hold that puck.

JoeMX1825
    MN

TNT’s chemestry of their staff is light years ahead of ESPN.
    ESPN’s guys know hockey, but they are boring.
    Zegras’s move was pretty awesome but I don’t think he was truly blindfolded and I’m pretty sure he had some kind of stickum on the end of his stick to hold that puck.

for sure he had some wax on his fresh tape job, but that was legitimate skill, he does a similar move in his warmups routine before every game. The blindfold was just a silly silk see through prop to mimic the Dodgeball movie…. Zegras is going to be great for the game.

The NHL is obviously trying to copy the NBA Dunk Competition, the difference is the NBA players actually have personalities and they actually pull off the Dunk!! The NHL has to deal with the need for a goalie still being in the net and the player actually scoring in the net, all complete failures last night…

Ripjiggen

Yeah KK tribute to Ovi probabaly would have been better if Ovi was there.
    Why was Zergas even in the competition?
    He is not an All-Star.
    I thought it was mostly unwatchable.

CaptainMusky

I think zegras just got a free pass because of his highlight goals this year. He is legit though and like you guys have said has some personality.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They bring Zegras out there to spice up one event and then end up having Pieterangelo “win” it by missing the net twice and not showing his LED jersey which was the main part of the entire bit…

I dont think you could draw it up any worse! A complete embarrassment for the league and ESPN!

and the “magic trick” bit to announce what divisions play each other? Wtf cares? Marchessault can even read the card!!!!

It was an embarrassment for Vegas!

JoeMX1825
    MN

They need to bring back the cone/stickhandling event (can you imagine Kirill mohawking through those cones?!?)

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild at least top5 in Scott Wheeler’s rankings! Wild, Kings, Ducks, Devils and Sabres are the 5 teams left…
    I have a feeling the Wild might edge out the Kings and end up #1 overall after Rossi’s 110% recovery, Boldy still being considered a prospect for this ranking and adding 2x1st rounders Wallstedt and Lambos last draft…

CaptainMusky

21 1st time all stars. The league is turning over the talent to much younger players.

Tom schmitt

They need to bring back the cone/stickhandling event (can you imagine Kirill mohawking through those cones?!?)

So I missed a lot of the show, but you’re saying they didn’t have the best part of the competition? WTF

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild at least top5 in Scott Wheeler’s rankings! Wild, Kings, Ducks, Devils and Sabres are the 5 teams left…
    I have a feeling the Wild might edge out the Kings and end up #1 overall after Rossi’s 110% recovery, Boldy still being considered a prospect for this ranking and adding 2x1st rounders Wallstedt and Lambos last draft…

Ducks are #5 so the Wild are top4 now!
    Devils are #4 so the Wild are top3 now!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m ready for real hockey again….Can’t wait to see this team close out the season and play some really good teams again.

CaptainMusky

Top 3 now! Wasnt it like 3 years ago the Wild were in the bottom 5 or so?

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Top 3 now! Wasnt it like 3 years ago the Wild were in the bottom 5 or so?

Yep, the turn around started after the dreadful 2017 & 2018 Wild drafts…Dewar and a few fringe Iowa Wild guys are all we have to show for both of those drafts…Last 3 drafts look like home runs sofar…especially Judd’s 2020 & 2021 drafts, both look like they hit on mostly every pick…

I’m excited for the 2022 & 2023 drafts where Judd can really focus more on offensive players!

CaptainMusky

Yep, the turn around started after the dreadful 2017 & 2018 Wild drafts…Dewar and a few fringe Iowa Wild guys are all we have to show for both of those drafts…Last 3 drafts look like home runs sofar…especially Judd’s 2020 & 2021 drafts, both look like they hit on mostly every pick…

I really hope we dont lose McBain. I think he will fit in nicely to bottom 6 in a couple years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I really hope we dont lose McBain. I think he will fit in nicely to bottom 6 in a couple years.

I really need to watch him in the Olympics, see if his skating has improved like some scouts said it has this year… I think he’d sign if they gave him a legit shot at replacing Sturm on the 4th line, but with how our team is made up now with speed guys, he’ll need to be able to keep up with Dewar and Duhaime….

CaptainMusky

At least we are back to real hockey tomorrow with the tilt against the Jets. I wonder if there will be any fans in WPG?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m ready for real hockey again….Can’t wait to see this team close out the season and play some really good teams again.

Yes, I have zero interest in the all-star stuff. Didn’t watch a minute of any of it. Can’t wait to get back to real hockey.

Have to think the focus now turns to if the Wild will deal for a centerman at the deadline. I can’t see the Wild given the cap/buyout situation looking for anything but a rental. I really wonder where this will end up, I have to think BG has tested the waters already. Given our cap situation and centerman needs are well known, I would think selling teams are going to want a big, big payout for any center who would really be a net plus addition. Have to wait and see, but my guess is that unlike past GMs, BG isn’t going to get raked over the coals.

Good women’s olympic matchup tonight, USA v Canada in pool play.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good women’s olympic matchup tonight, USA v Canada in pool play.

I think its safe to say that this is round 1, as its very likely they will meet in the gold medal match later on. I sure hope they don’t use a shoot out to decide it like they did last time though.

The men’s team starts on Thursday in the prelims against the host nation, China. Wouldn’t bother me if they beat China 14-0.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,121 through 3,150 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.