2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• tswoboda

Aves finally have their 18 game home win streak snapped by the…wait for it… the freaking Arizona Coyotes! What a league.

**Deadline cap space is the max contract(s) a team can take on at the trade deadline based on their projected cap space.

Ice Cap

Aves finally have their 18 game home win streak snapped by the…wait for it… the freaking Arizona Coyotes! What a league.

Seriously that’s gotta be a bitter pill to swallow for the Av’s!

JoeMX1825
    MN

If you have an Athletic account, there’s a cool story (with video) about the “Wednesday Night Game” a pickup hockey game of retired MN Sports stars at Justin Morneau’s backyard outdoor rink, complete with a modified John Deere Zamboni and a warming house/locker room. They even showed BigBuff who lives in the neighborhood who drove over on his ATV and picked the teams via a stick pile and supervised the firepit…

Morneau spared no expense with his outdoor rink setup!

Surprised they still let Walz play, you know he’s one of those d-bags who goes 100% and whacks shins…

CaptainMusky

One of the gals who is the social media person for the Wild posted a pic of Kaprizov and said “big news” coming today and it was good news. Hmmm, wonder what that is about? Probably AllStar game?

JoeMX1825
    MN

One of the gals who is the social media person for the Wild posted a pic of Kaprizov and said “big news” coming today and it was good news. Hmmm, wonder what that is about? Probably AllStar game?

Probably announcing what events he’s going to be in for the Skills competition, they are hyping up this “boat ride to the Belaggio fountains” event…

or he has a bobblehead release happening later this season…just my guesses

CaptainMusky

If you have an Athletic account, there’s a cool story (with video) about the “Wednesday Night Game” a pickup hockey game of retired MN Sports stars at Justin Morneau’s backyard outdoor rink, complete with a modified John Deere Zamboni and a warming house/locker room. They even showed BigBuff who lives in the neighborhood who drove over on his ATV and picked the teams via a stick pile and supervised the firepit…

Morneau spared no expense with his outdoor rink setup!

Surprised they still let Walz play, you know he’s one of those d-bags who goes 100% and whacks shins…

This was just another gem by Russo. Really cool story and I agree Walz is going to go 100%. I loved the chirping about Prosser! He goes to the bench and someone chirps him “benched already?” He replies “yep, to the Pross box”. LMAO

tswoboda

Add this to the list of things I never thought I’d see a national journalist write about the MN Wild. shock

Boldy has nine points in nine games and a 62 percent expected goals rate — he looks special and is a frightening addition to an already loaded forward group. Minnesota might be the league’s deepest team up front.

CaptainMusky

Add this to the list of things I never thought I’d see a national journalist write about the MN Wild. shock

Boldy has nine points in nine games and a 62 percent expected goals rate — he looks special and is a frightening addition to an already loaded forward group. Minnesota might be the league’s deepest team up front.

Dont get us going T!!!

JoeMX1825
    MN

and he’s doing it while playing with a career borderline 4th liner for center…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Perhaps. They’re still what, like 18-1-2 in their last 21 games or something.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

They are just ridiculous. The Wild were 8-1-1 over the last 10 and the Avs were 10-0.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

Oh they’re bitter. Landeskog’s quote after the game was “I don’t do a lot of drugs” …. so he must at least do a little drugs then?? Honestly it sounds exactly like something a guy who does a lot of drugs would say.

….yes I know that is all way outta context, just thought it was really funny.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My cousin is a die hard avs fan and we talk quite a bit about the wild and avs and he’s been waiting for them to dump a game for the last two weeks. Said they have been getting pretty lucky lately.

CaptainMusky

Said they have been getting pretty lucky lately.

They were down by multiple goals last week and came back to win. They are so explosive.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Avs window isn’t very big though, Kadri will be expensive to re-sign and then you have the likely MacKinnon break the bank extension in 2 years as well as new deals for Newhook and Byram, they also need to solve their goalie problem longterm…Their prospect pool is ranked 21st and they have no 1st or 2nd round draft picks this year…

They’ve made some great decisions to build this current roster the past few years through the draft and trades, but have nothing to show for it, it’s kind of all or nothing the next 2 seasons but who has any faith in their goaltending?…they sure look like a juggernaught this season though…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah goaltending is definitely their problem.

tswoboda

So Benn is playing over Addison tonight because he’s a better “fit” to play in Dumba’s “role” right? I think those are the words Deano used last time. (Reminder that Addison is a right shot, puck mover, power play guy. Benn is a left shot, career bottom 6, never sniffed the powerplay guy.)

CaptainMusky

So Benn is playing over Addison tonight because he’s a better “fit” to play in Dumba’s “role” right? I think those are the words Deano used last time. (Reminder that Addison is a right shot, puck mover, power play guy. Benn is a left shot, career bottom 6, never sniffed the powerplay guy.)

Its a head scratcher for sure.

tswoboda

Its a head scratcher for sure.

No it’s not…

tongue in cheek Should we be concerned that Kirill is heading to the all-star game in Vegas with Evgeny Kuznetzov? We all know what The Birdman does in Vegas and I think they’re the only Russians now with Ovi conveniently testing positive.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kirill’s parents will be with him in Vegas, i’m sure his dad (who looks like a tough dude) will have a little chat with Kuzy…

JoeMX1825
    MN

This is funny, we all know how Ovi loves the all star game in his “old age”

Attachments:
    1. D7080188-D093-4BE3-925B-68974A043B87.jpeg

CaptainMusky

Kirill’s parents will be with him in Vegas, i’m sure his dad (who looks like a tough dude) will have a little chat with Kuzy…

I cant imagine what is going to go through Kirill’s mind when he sees Sin City.

tswoboda

I cant imagine what is going to go through Kirill’s mind when he sees Sin City.

But we know exactly what’s going through Kuzy’s mind

Absolute bananas that it took the Kaprizov parents over 12 months and a full season and a half to come watch their superstar son play in the NHL. And even then it took a 2 week layover in The Dominican to get visa clearance. What a world.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Boldy moved in with Greenway (hopefully they don’t game every night till 4am) Turns out they share the same agent (cough cough) maybe Boldy signs a team friendly bridge deal after next year (cough cough)

JoeMX1825
    MN

But we know exactly what’s going through Kuzy’s mind

you mean his blood stream?
    kuzy

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

wait for it… the freaking Arizona Coyotes!

And speaking of the Coyotes, an article in The Athletic today about the team pursuing a deal to play in Arizona State’s new arena once they get kicked out of the Gila River Arena in June.

What an embarrassment. An NHL team playing in a 5000 seat crackerbox while they try to somehow find support to build a new arena.

It is interesting to me how little influence or control the team owners apparently have over the league. The article has lots of team execs complaining about the Arizona situation and the huge black hole that AZ represents as far as lost revenue that essentially comes at least partially out of the pockets of the other owners. And the league cares not at all.

There must a dozen other cities that could make a better go of that franchise than AZ is making. Why did we need an expansion for both Vegas and Seattle? What is the league’s problem with Quebec City, where the population is larger than Winnipeg and the popularity of hockey already established? Really strange how the league works.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    wait for it… the freaking Arizona Coyotes!

And speaking of the Coyotes, an article in The Athletic today about the team pursuing a deal to play in Arizona State’s new arena once they get kicked out of the Gila River Arena in June.

What an embarrassment. An NHL team playing in a 5000 seat crackerbox while they try to somehow find support to build a new arena.

It is interesting to me how little influence or control the team owners apparently have over the league. The article has lots of team execs complaining about the Arizona situation and the huge black hole that AZ represents as far as lost revenue that essentially comes at least partially out of the pockets of the other owners. And the league cares not at all.

There must a dozen other cities that could make a better go of that franchise than AZ is making. Why did we need an expansion for both Vegas and Seattle? What is the league’s problem with Quebec City, where the population is larger than Winnipeg and the popularity of hockey already established? Really strange how the league works.

Can they be more obvious they are trying to force the NHL to relocate them…

CaptainMusky

That whole AZ deal is a mess. Now they are running into issues with the site of where they want to build the new arena in Tempe because of concerns with the airport flight path. The league should not allow them to play in that small of an arena. Have the league intervene to negotiate with Gila Arena to keep it there until the Tempe arena is built or move the dang franchise.

tswoboda

The Coyotes are a Mickey Mouse organization but I can see the argument for the NHL keeping a franchise there. It’s a huge market that’s very profitable to other professional sports leagues, and it’s been more than proven that non-traditional markets can be profitable in the NHL. The top 5 average attendance in the NHL this season includes Tampa, Vegas, and Dallas. No reason Phoenix can’t join them. It just takes a competent ownership group, a new arena that’s not surrounded by farm fields, and a competitive team.

Expansion nets the NHL owners $650m in cash and increases the value of every other franchise, relocation nets them nothing.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,031 through 3,060 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.