2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Ooof that was a filthy filthy goal…GMBG needs to sign this kid asap as the price likely keeps going up and up the longer this season goes!

)

we aren’t getting a discount on this deal I’m afraid lol. Holy. I don’t know how to react we have never had someone like this. He’s ridiculous. How about Talbot taking the puck to the mask, it gets stuck and ho him give me a new one lol.

He’s the type of player you really dont care how much you pay him, you’re just happy you have him on your team because he’s a superstar. Wild fans have never had that…we f’ing deserve one now!

CaptainMusky

He’s the type of player you really dont care how much you pay him, you’re just happy you have him on your team because he’s a superstar. Wild fans have never had that…we f’ing deserve one now!

Agreed. Can you imagine when the X is full of fans and he gets the puck? The entire place is going to stand up. No doubt! He is a highlight reel on almost every shift. He turns over the puck a fair amount still, but he also steals the puck away almost as much if not more. So the good outweighs the bad.
    I know some will say that was a lucky shot. I would almost guarantee he put that exactly where he wanted to under the armpit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m a little worried we have heard anything about Marco Rossi yet… he’s way past the required 6 week shutdown then Cardiologist checkup so he should be allowed back to skating/working out if his heart checkup came back normal…nothing but silence unless I missed an update?

CaptainMusky

I haven’t heard anything since I think it was on one of Russo’s podcasts with Guerin, but at that time he said he would come back, there was something more recent that said he would have the testing done there. Yeah, I am sure something will come out soon though. Its big news and Russo undoubtedly has asked I am sure.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I haven’t heard anything since I think it was on one of Russo’s podcasts with Guerin, but at that time he said he would come back, there was something more recent that said he would have the testing done there. Yeah, I am sure something will come out soon though. Its big news and Russo undoubtedly has asked I am sure.

I know the original plan was for him to come back to MN after the 6 weeks to meet with Regions Hospital Cardiologists, but they scrapped that idea and avoided the lengthy plane flight since he could get the same tests done in Austria since it’s a pretty routine test. I don’t know the NHL policies around non-rostered players being able to work out with the big club, but it surprises me (if his tests came back normal) he wouldn’t want to come to MN and work out with the team trainers, maybe skate at Tria and find a place to live? (if allowed)

In terms of the team not saying anything publicly, Staloch let the cat out of the bag on the diagnosis and treatment of the Mycarditis condition, so I don’t get the secrecy around Rossi…

tswoboda

In terms of the team not saying anything publicly, Staloch let the cat out of the bag on the diagnosis and treatment of the Mycarditis condition, so I don’t get the secrecy around Rossi…

What secrecy from the team? This is a personal health issue, so it’s not up to the team on what details they can share. The individual player makes the call whether or not they want to make their personal health situation public, and both Stalock and Rossi have done that. And I don’t think Stalock actually said he had myocarditis, just that he had a heart related issue from Covid – pretty much the same thing Rossi said. Not really sure what more you’re looking for here, do you just want someone to say the word Myocarditis?

Jonathan Toews is out for the season and has shared zero information with the public.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What secrecy from the team? This is a personal health issue, so it’s not up to the team on what details they can share. The individual player makes the call whether or not they want to make their personal health situation public, and both Stalock and Rossi have done that. And I don’t think Stalock actually said he had myocarditis, just that he had a heart related issue from Covid – pretty much the same thing Rossi said. Not really sure what more you’re looking for here, do you just want someone to say the word Myocarditis?

Jonathan Toews is out for the season and has shared zero information with the public.

The team went public early January and said Rossi was out for the season and flying back home to Austria to be comfortable resting. He then would be coming back to MN in 6 weeks to be re-evaluated by the same heart doctors that initially checked him out. I’m just looking for an update on that checkup (which they then decided to just get the re-evaluation in Austria) as it’s been almost 8 weeks since the public statement. I’m not looking for test results here (I get patient confidentiality) just an update on anything (did the checkup take place? is he already training? is he looking for a 2nd opinion? Leaving fans in a black hole just leads to unneeded speculation…

For the record, Stalock did say he had Myocarditis in his interview with Russo:
    From the article:
    Stalock took an EKG and echocardiogram figuring it was just a formality and, bluntly, a waste of time. But doctors immediately noticed an abnormality and ordered an MRI to get a better look at his heart.

“When they got a better picture, sure enough, they said, ‘You have myocarditis — a swelling or edema in your heart,’ and you can’t do anything for the next six weeks,” Stalock said. “It was just crazy. It was right at the time where they were finding this in a lot of athletes after having COVID

tswoboda

From the article:
    Stalock took an EKG and echocardiogram figuring it was just a formality and, bluntly, a waste of time. But doctors immediately noticed an abnormality and ordered an MRI to get a better look at his heart.

“When they got a better picture, sure enough, they said, ‘You have myocarditis — a swelling or edema in your heart,’ and you can’t do anything for the next six weeks,” Stalock said. “It was just crazy. It was right at the time where they were finding this in a lot of athletes after having COVID

Ahh yeah, there it is. I was thinking to the Stalock wild video where he first mentioned it.

I think the league has just taken the stance that any updates on these situations will be initiated by the individual player. Some fans will get impatient and speculate, but it’s a different situation than typical injuries and is being handled as such.

JoeMX1825
    MN

From the article:

Ahh yeah, there it is. I was thinking to the Stalock wild video where he first mentioned it.

I think the league has just taken the stance that any updates on these situations will be initiated by the individual player. Some fans will get impatient and speculate, but it’s a different situation than typical injuries and is being handled as such.

I agree, the only difference is that the ENTIRE world is dealing with the same thing (obviously not all with myocarditis) but pro sports could put a spotlight on the condition and perhaps it prompts parents of young athletes to ask questions to their kids who had covid and hopefully catch the condition before it worsens and gets super serious…if the player wants to keep it private I think we all can respect that, but then they shouldn’t have told us anything 2 months ago…When they go public and say there will be new info in 6 weeks, you’re kind a of setting yourself up to offer an update in 6 weeks as you’ve invested your fans?

Bottom line I hope he’s doing great!

CaptainMusky

I agree, the only difference is that the ENTIRE world is dealing with the same thing (obviously not all with myocarditis) but pro sports could put a spotlight on the condition and perhaps it prompts parents of young athletes to ask questions to their kids who had covid and hopefully catch the condition before it worsens and gets super serious…if the player wants to keep it private I think we all can respect that, but then they shouldn’t have told us anything 2 months ago…When they go public and say there will be new info in 6 weeks, you’re kind a of setting yourself up to offer an update in 6 weeks as you’ve invested your fans?

Bottom line I hope he’s doing great!

I know you dont need to be told this, but there are 1.5M cases of myocarditis linked to viruses in a typical year. This isnt a new thing. Its just being more in our face because of how Covid-19 has been covered.
    Had you thought about it at all prior to this year? Had you even heard of it? If so, did you know how you get it?
    I was vaguely aware of it, didnt realize the number of cases annually, but its a fairly big issue every year and could happen if you get any virus.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So does Boldy sign with the Wild this week?
    Cole Caufield already signed his ELC, I don’t see how the Wild could get Boldy to wait until next year to sign his. These stud college players hold the cards nowadays and can pull a “Blake Wheeler” if they want to play hardball…

Unless they literally can’t sign him due to a lack of capspace, I hope they sign him this week.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Brutal injury tonight for Florida’s Aaron Ekblad, wonder if they look at Dumba as a possible replacement as they are having a great season. If they offered top center prospect Anton Lundell would GMBG take it?

tswoboda

So does Boldy sign with the Wild this week?
    Cole Caufield already signed his ELC, I don’t see how the Wild could get Boldy to wait until next year to sign his. These stud college players hold the cards nowadays and can pull a “Blake Wheeler” if they want to play hardball…

Unless they literally can’t sign him due to a lack of capspace, I hope they sign him this week.

My guess is they sign him, burn a year, and he plays the rest of this season in Iowa with maybe an injury call up to the NHL. I would love to see him as Fiala’s left wing but I think that’s a reach and also hoping MoJo can continue the positive trajectory from last game. I don’t see Boldy fitting in the bottom 6 right now.

The wild likely want to sign him to an amateur tryout so he can finish this season in Iowa without burning a year, but Caufield already set the precedent and Boldy is a good enough prospect to force their hand.

Either way, we should know soon.

Brutal injury tonight for Florida’s Aaron Ekblad, wonder if they look at Dumba as a possible replacement as they are having a great season. If they offered top center prospect Anton Lundell would GMBG take it?

I’d love that trade, good fit with FLA being short on RHD even with Ekblad. I’m not sure GMBG can make that trade with the Wild firmly in the top 3 of the division though. Just doesn’t send the right message to the team or fans. Personally I see no way they are getting past Colorado in the playoffs, so to get a high end center prospect like Lundell for Dumba would be well worth it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

In a normal year I would agree the optics would be bad to trade a top 4 defenseman before the playoffs on a top 3 team, but the xpac draft, covid flat cap the next season or 2 and our desperate need for NHL ready center prospects makes it a more pressing long term franchise health decision for GMBG.

The other problem is that Florida also needs centers and they absolutely love Lundell…

But they are a struggling franchise that needs a huge injection of winning immediately to stay relevant in Florida, so perhaps the need to win now makes them desperate?

tswoboda

The Panthers are actually in a similar spot to the Wild. Surprisingly sitting top 3 in a weak division, but with virtually no chance of making it through the division playoffs.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wishful thinking I’m afraid. No way is a team like Florida going to trade a top center prospect for Dumba. They know we are desperate to unload Dumba to realize value in an xpac year AND that we only want one thing for Christmas–a center man. A 1:1 trade, I can’t see it.

However. What would the wild do for a package deal? R1 pick plus Dumba? Dumba and another roster player?

tswoboda

Wishful thinking I’m afraid. No way is a team like Florida going to trade a top center prospect for Dumba. They know we are desperate to unload Dumba to realize value in an xpac year AND that we only want one thing for Christmas–a center man. A 1:1 trade, I can’t see it.

However. What would the wild do for a package deal? R1 pick plus Dumba? Dumba and another roster player?

Think Florida isn’t desperate? They just lost their clear #1 defenseman in the middle of their best regular season since anyone can remember. They haven’t won a playoff series in 25 years. They’ve only even been there like 5 times in franchise history.

Dumba+R1 for Lundell? What happened to the known commodity should always bring back the extra pick a la the Granlund for Fiala trade that you still poo-poo? whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, I know its a bit wishful thinking, I just know that losing Ekblad is a HUGE loss and Florida needs to play the short term game vs long term to hopefully get some fan interest back, giving up on likely the best team they’ve had since the days of Vanbiesbrouck and Mellanby 20+ years ago won’t go over well… Name another young offensive minded defenseman that could fill that void, has a manageable caphit and could make sense longer term (Ekblad is likely for much of next season too) for them vs just an expensive rental?

I’m just saying maybe we could catch a suddenly desperate Florida team…

Perhaps throwing in Khovanov or Beckman with Dumba could work… Lundell is projected to be no better than a solid #2 center in the NHL due to his weaker skating, so the asking price shouldn’t be too outrageous…

if things pan out as they have sofar this season, our 2 x 1st round picks will likely be in the 18-31 range in a weaker draft so perhaps letting one go isn’t that bad of a deal…

CaptainMusky

If I am the Wild, I do that trade. If I am FLA I strongly consider it based on their chances and lack of success in a LONG time. Ekblad is going to be out a long time. That looked horrible. Just a freak incident. You could hear him scream. One of his teammates was crying on the bench. That is how much he means to that team and this is devastating.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The other asset that will be heavily desired by teams moving forward will be 2022 1st & 2nd round draft picks. That draft class is widely considered to be one of the best of ALL TIME, so if you could get an extra one, you might have a franchise changing winning lottery ticket in 2 years…

CaptainMusky

I do think the Wild should get something back on top of Lundell. Not a player, but a pick. Second rounder maybe. A first and Dumba is a lot to give up for a guy that hasnt proven anything yet for someone who has, but if FLA wouldnt do that, but would do Dumba and a 1st then Id cave. -)

JoeMX1825
    MN

Asking prices/values get weird, I saw the projected return for Nashville’s Mattias Ekholm traded to the Jets was a 1st round pick and Cole Perfetti… and Ekholm isnt special at all…if thats the expected return now, then Dumba should get us something good…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Erickson Eck….Holy cow what a toe drag…..

JoeMX1825
    MN

Whoa! Some soft hands there by Ek! Who knew?!?

CaptainMusky

Haha I just came here to see you checking in. Silky mitts for ole stone hands lol

tswoboda

Haha I just came here to see you checking in. Silky mitts for ole stone hands lol

Ha! Had to check in here during intermission just for the stone hands chatter… Not disappointed.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I swear we’d score an extra goal a game if there was a competent center with Zuc and Kaprizov…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Interesting shootout order…Rask, Bjugstad, Hartman and Ek all get picked ahead of a guy like Spurgeon who has a history of clutch scoring in shootouts?

basseyes

I swear we’d score an extra goal a game if there was a competent center with Zuc and Kaprizov…

And probably have goals against go down a goal. My word this team could be a playoff threat with a first and second line center.

JoeMX1825
    MN

it wouldn’t surprise me to see Florida pickup Shayne Gostisbeher from the Flyers who just put him on waivers…

Viewing 30 posts - 1,531 through 1,560 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.