2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Wild on nbcsports and fsn + FYI

whats funny is todays game ONLY has the local FSN TV rights, NBCSN cut off exactly at 4:30 when they were googling over Kaprizov…

x2 thought for a second I might get to watch my favorite NHL team twice in a week! Instead I didn’t get to watch any NHL game… doah

CaptainMusky

The interesting thing I read from Russo today is that players that tested positive for Covid, but recovered and were cleared to play will NOT be tested for 90 days. They say that they can still trigger positive tests for months afterward. Doesnt surprise me I guess, but that could have totally screwed the NHL or any league trying to conduct itself if they didnt implement that.
    I was hoping Parise was a false positive, but he apparently had 2 tests yesterday and both were positive.

JoeMX1825
    MN

back to an earlier thread I posted, I’m guessing the Pro sports teams playing right now (NHL, NBA, MLB) will probably arrange private J&J vaccine clinics in the states they are playing in that have opened up vaccine approval for everyone. Quickly get everyone it can vaccinated with a single shot…

They won’t catch any heat for jumping the line anymore as anyone in those states can be vaccinated…

CaptainMusky

back to an earlier thread I posted, I’m guessing the Pro sports teams playing right now (NHL, NBA, MLB) will probably arrange private J&J vaccine clinics in the states they are playing in that have opened up vaccine approval for everyone. Quickly get everyone it can vaccinated with a single shot…

They won’t catch any heat for jumping the line anymore as anyone in those states can be vaccinated…

I think one NBA team already has vaccinated their players. I forget who it was but one of the players posted it on Instagram or something and then there was an uproar about it.
    **Update** 4 NBA teams have already received their vaccinations. Lakers, Pelicans, Hawks and Trailblazers.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Not sure if this is true but ESPN is reporting that Talbot will be in net tonight. Kinda shocked they would play him back to back days.

CaptainMusky

Russo said Talbot is starting tonight. I am a little surprised, but Kaapo looked shaky against the Avs I thought. He was dropping down on every shot and was getting beat high glove side like he did earlier in the year but corrected. He needs to work on that.
    I’m surprised that Dumba will play tonight. Doesnt make sense. They have 3 days off after this.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I agree just give Dumba the extra rest because its not like this game is a must win.

CaptainMusky

I agree just give Dumba the extra rest because its not like this game is a must win.

At this point its not, but if would be a good to make more separation from the Blues as we play them 8 times yet. They have played 1 more game than us and still behind us by 4 pts so that is a good thing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They aren’t going to play him if he’s not healthy enough to play, if the trainer signs off and Dumba signs off, he’ll play…

i’m surprised as anybody its this quickly

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Because most goalies will grab it pass it up to a forward or d before you even have a chance to make a line change.

If your changes are that slow, you don’t belong in the NHL. And goalies passing the puck into the neutral zone goes bad and results in a pickoff so much that the smart ones and even most dumb ones know not to do it. Also, no NHL goalie is going to try to stickhandle a bouncing puck to fire it up the ice, they’re going to do just what Miller did and go down and trap it with the glove first so they backstop with their pads in case it gets away from them.

They aren’t going to play him if he’s not healthy enough to play, if the trainer signs off and Dumba signs off, he’ll play…

Totally agree, when I saw him go down like that and then get helped off, I said game over for his season. One of those rare things that must have looked way worse than it actually was.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Because most goalies will grab it pass it up to a forward or d before you even have a chance to make a line change.

If your changes are that slow, you don’t belong in the NHL. And goalies passing the puck into the neutral zone goes bad and results in a pickoff so much that the smart ones and even most dumb ones know not to do it. Also, no NHL goalie is going to try to stickhandle a bouncing puck to fire it up the ice, they’re going to do just what Miller did and go down and trap it with the glove first so they backstop with their pads in case it gets away from them.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Totally agree, when I saw him go down like that and then get helped off, I said game over for his season. One of those rare things that must have looked way worse than it actually was.

Again it was squirt level goal. The whole idea of dumping the puck is to get a line change or put in an open area with hopes your other man on the forecheck can get there first or win the one on one battle. You try and dribble a puck in on net with two guys on your back and you put a soft one and that is a turnover you will be riding the bench the rest of the night.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ugg, please take Gigi Marvin off the air…its painful to watch…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I bet the producer sweats bullets when her and Audra are on together. Tough to get the commercials in between the two of them…… smash

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well that’s one way to start it. Hartman took the brunt of that one.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Brodin instead of Suter on PP#1

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Brodin instead of Suter on PP#1

Didn’t help…..One of the worst PP’s of the year. I think Rask fell 3 times in 30 seconds with the puck.

Also don’t understand why the passing is consistently so bad with this team. It’s never tape to tape. Always in the skates or behind the player.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Fiala’s game has fallen off a cliff, he can’t skate and stickhandle at the same time anymore…

Ripjiggen

He is certainly a turn over machine this period.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Fiala’s game has fallen off a cliff, he can’t skate and stickhandle at the same time anymore…

lol, and then he makes a great play to Johansson of all people…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was a great pass, no look too.

Ripjiggen

Man KK is so strong on his skates for being on the smaller side. Faulk gives him a pretty good shot to head shoulders going around net and he didn’t break stride with the puck.

I hope Rossi is recovery I rly at home, but is well in enough to practice face offs. Man alive O’Reily is putting a clinic on Rask.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man KK is so strong on his skates for being on the smaller side.

I hope Rossi is recovery at home but is well in enough to practice face offs. Man alive O’Reily is putting a clinic on Rask.

That’s the benefit of having a 23 year old rookie with 5+ years of pro hockey experience, he’s learned how to use his body over the years and he’s built like a brick S house…

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Man KK is so strong on his skates for being on the smaller side.

I hope Rossi is recovery at home but is well in enough to practice face offs. Man alive O’Reily is putting a clinic on Rask.

That’s the benefit of having a 23 year old rookie with 5+ years of pro hockey experience, he’s learned how to use his body over the years and he’s built like a brick S house…

For sure but he may be one of the stronger skaters in the nhl.

That was of was one of the issues with a guy like Grandlund.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Shooting percentage off the charts tonight……

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ooof that was a filthy filthy goal…GMBG needs to sign this kid asap as the price likely keeps going up and up the longer this season goes!

)

Ripjiggen

Playin well defensively…
    Those negotiations are interesting just because he does not really have any other options. He is definitely going to sell some jerseys.

CaptainMusky

Ooof that was a filthy filthy goal…GMBG needs to sign this kid asap as the price likely keeps going up and up the longer this season goes!

)

we aren’t getting a discount on this deal I’m afraid lol. Holy. I don’t know how to react we have never had someone like this. He’s ridiculous. How about Talbot taking the puck to the mask, it gets stuck and ho him give me a new one lol.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Nice to be on the other end of a Blues vs Wild game where the goalie stands on their head and frustrates the hell out of the losing team…

Viewing 30 posts - 1,501 through 1,530 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.