2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

it was a 2 game glitch against a better team, I don’t think the Golden Knights panicked after they got swept in St Paul a few weeks ago… i’m not worried.

My guess is they unleash their frustration on the Ducks tonight… I think we’ll see another Kaprizov explosion…Mojo coming back is a total meh, stick him with Kaprizov and Zuc so he can hopefully build up some trade value over the next few weeks…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ugggly game sofar…this looks like the Wild from the past…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

For Christ sakes if Suter just takes the body on that guy instead of his usual one handed half assed swipe, that breakaway doesn’t happen. I know he’s had a fairly good season defensively but man that drives me nuts with him.

Ripjiggen

It happens unexpected turnover had him out of position flat footed. Bad spot for your own player to fall down untouched and then bounce the puck around trying to recover.
    Gripping their sticks pretty tight right now. Especially on PP. Some good looks and they just hold on a second to long.

Should have been two hooks on that play.

ripalip

Anyone have a contact with the arena? The fake crowd noise is so stupid and gets louder as the game (goals up or down) goes on. Have to Bluetooth music and just watch.

JoeMX1825
    MN

2 ugly points but they count the same as a 5-0 shutout…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t know if Bjugstad is finding his legs all of a sudden or if he’s just been in the right place at the right time, but he had a monster game tonight.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I don’t know if Bjugstad is finding his legs all of a sudden or if he’s just been in the right place at the right time, but he had a monster game tonight.

right place right time…

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

right place right time…

I think that isn’t giving him much credit. He’s been working his ass off and that shift where he scored was all him. He’s not a superstar and we can’t count on him to score 20 goals but he’s been playing very well IMO. I watch his shifts with a lot of scrutiny because I’ve expected a lot from his as a skilled gopher. So far in his career he hasn’t panned out moreso due to injury. We owe him nothing and he’s playing down the lineup he’s contributing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

right place right time…

I think that isn’t giving him much credit. He’s been working his ass off and that shift where he scored was all him. He’s not a superstar and we can’t count on him to score 20 goals but he’s been playing very well IMO. I watch his shifts with a lot of scrutiny because I’ve expected a lot from his as a skilled gopher. So far in his career he hasn’t panned out moreso due to injury. We owe him nothing and he’s playing down the lineup he’s contributing.

He’s 6’6” and wins 1 out of every 5 board battles, he’s super soft when he does have the puck and routinely turns it over. He’s our 4th line center and he’ll be a journeyman league minimum player maybe for 1-2 more years in the league, maybe… tonight he scored in basically an open net, right place right time…Kaprizov gives him an unreal reverse back door pass a few weeks ago with an open net, right place right time…

He’s a good Minnesotan and it appears a good teammate, but his career will be over soon.

In terms of him working his a$$ off, I think he knows his playing time is likely over when Foligno comes back…It will either be him or Johansson sitting in the press box…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He’s 6’6” and wins 1 out of every 5 board battles, he’s super soft when he does have the puck and routinely turns it over.

Completely agree with this. I was shocked at how small he plays for his size.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I watched a goal replay from last nights game and Lou Nanne was the color guy, who could watch that broadcast? I only had the NBCSN broadcast…

Tom schmitt

I have to agree on Bugstad, I really expected more.
    I think Johanson’s return last night puts either Bugstad or Parise back to the press box.
    Fiala, Hartman, Johanson looked really good together.
    Parise has been irrelevent other than he can win a faceoff.
    Hopefully they can trade him or at least get him to waive the NTC.
    And finally can anyone explain to me why Suter is still on the PP.
    He looks like he completly forgot how to play offense.
    Score on the long range wrister because he doesn’t know what else to do with the puck.

CaptainMusky

I watched a goal replay from last nights game and Lou Nanne was the color guy, who could watch that broadcast? I only had the NBCSN broadcast…

It was on FSN plus. Wolves were on FSN.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He’s 6’6” and wins 1 out of every 5 board battles, he’s super soft when he does have the puck and routinely turns it over.

Completely agree with this. I was shocked at how small he plays for his size.

He’s never been a physical player out there, at any level. I remember watching him at Blaine and then for the Gophers and he never utilized his size properly.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It was on FSN plus. Wolves were on FSN.

hmm, I thought local broadcasts took the night off when NBCSN televises a game nationally. I’ll check around the channels next time, Pierre Mcguire’s “I watched him in juniors” stories get old quick..

CaptainMusky

hmm, I thought local broadcasts took the night off when NBCSN televises a game nationally. I’ll check around the channels next time, Pierre Mcguire’s “I watched him in juniors” stories get old quick..

That happens much of the time, but not last night anyway. It was good to listen to Lou, but my buddy kept texting me because he hates him. LOL I told him to switch to NBC Sports, but then he had to deal with Pierre LOL

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Jury is still out on Bugstad IMO. Early on, I thought he was hopeless, but now I’m wondering if he is starting to get and listen to some coaching on how to use his size in the NHL.

Greenway was the same way last year, he almost never used his size. Then something seems to have changed over the summer and you can tell he GETS it now. He doesn’t always use it, but more and more he’s turning his back, forward at the hips, and using his reach to protect the puck and make the defender reposition or take a holding call.

Like Greenway, I hope Bugstad continues to develop and maybe now that he’s standing on the career edge, he’s motivated. What they need is like a Dustin Byfuglien on the coaching squad to be able to really put these guys through their paces in practice. Hard to simulate a game situation I’m sure when it comes to players of this size and strength.

The problem with big players is a lot of times they come up and just their size alone was such a huge advantage in HS/Jrs enough they never learn to really use it in the way they need to once every player on the ice is a pro-level player with strength and skating skill to match.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Glad I missed the Avs series. Got to watch the Ducks game last night. It was ugly, but a win. Thought I was seeing things when Suter scored on a PP. Most of the game they looked very flat footed. 2 points though.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I actually enjoyed Lou on the broadcast last night. When I saw he was on the broadcast before the game started I envisioned a Tom Reid style broadcast, but Lou was very well spoken and made a lot of very honest comments about the team and how it was playing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

good article by Russo on the Wild /Kaprizov contract talks… I guess his agent is in town today to start discussions… Sounds like long-term is the most likely outcome but 5-8 years and the caphit will be the negotiation…

Either way it sounds like the Wild are likely going to need to trade Fiala at some point as I just don’t see how the Wild can afford both of them AND some sort of upgrade at Center for the long term projections of this team…

CaptainMusky

I wonder if today’s game will get postponed since there were a couple Ducks that entered COVID protocol.
    Its an early one today guys, no need for a nap 4:30.

Anyone catch the “hot mic” of the ref who admitted he wanted to call a penalty early in the game against I believe it was the Preds? What a joke.
    ***Update*** he’s now been fired. Worked something like 1400 NHL games and the Sochi Olympics.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The Wild should be lobbying for more NBCSN games, every time I can watch them they score a PP goal! And Suter even scored it, it was like a blue moon on Friday the 13th and a Mille Lacs keeper walleye all coincided.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I wonder with several states opening up vaccinations to anybody if you see NHL/NBA/MLB sports teams arranging quick J&J single shot vaccine clinics for teams that pass through? Makes sense right?

Dan
    Southeast MN

Anyone catch the “hot mic” of the ref who admitted he wanted to call a penalty early in the game against I believe it was the Preds? What a joke.
    ***Update*** he’s now been fired. Worked something like 1400 NHL games and the Sochi Olympics.

Yes, that’s quite the story.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Tim Peel is one of the better ref’s in the league, what he did happens in EVERY SINGLE NHL GAME, he just got caught with a hot mic and the NHL has to be stern to appear to maintain the “integrity of the game” perception…sucks to lose a good ref that way….

JoeMX1825
    MN

I heard Dumba was close to playing in today’s game! how crazy is that! Dude is very very lucky….

KP
    Hudson, WI

It’s annoying how everything has to go from 0 to 100 in this world now. Why cant he just be suspended for sometime? Whenever you do something bad the world calls for you to immediately be fired or to resign.

CaptainMusky

It’s annoying how everything has to go from 0 to 100 in this world now. Why cant he just be suspended for sometime? Whenever you do something bad the world calls for you to immediately be fired or to resign.

Plus he was retiring at the end of April anyway. You watch and this will screw him out of his NHL pension.

CaptainMusky

good article by Russo on the Wild /Kaprizov contract talks… I guess his agent is in town today to start discussions… Sounds like long-term is the most likely outcome but 5-8 years and the caphit will be the negotiation…

Either way it sounds like the Wild are likely going to need to trade Fiala at some point as I just don’t see how the Wild can afford both of them AND some sort of upgrade at Center for the long term projections of this team…

This was indeed a good read, but some of the comments provided to Russo by execs and agents with what they think the ask is going to be has me very nervous. Man, those numbers are going to be tough. They will definitely back-load the salary to the later years to make it better during the lean times when revenue isnt coming in. I was hoping for an 8×6 type of deal, but I just dont see that happening now.
    Regarding Fiala, I havent been too happy with his game this year. Hasnt helped that Parise hadnt been playing well and really we dont have any decent centers, but he carried the team so much last year and hasnt been as impactful so far.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,441 through 1,470 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.