2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Hopefully Suter is watching how Makar runs the powerplay point by making quick hard passes to the board players…puck spends zero time on his stick…those quick passes keep shooting lanes open and breaks down the penalty kill.

Next Wild PP, watch how slow Suter is moving the puck around…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I guess we have a couple of good rookies this year?

Attachments:
    1. 7491AF3D-448D-4562-A268-7226BFEB258D.jpeg

CaptainMusky

I haven’t seen colorado play this well defensively ever. They are going to be tough to beat down the stretch of they keep this up.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I haven’t seen colorado play this well defensively ever. They are going to be tough to beat down the stretch of they keep this up.

I’d say we helped them out a bit tonight also.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I’d say we helped them out a bit tonight also.

maybe but the forwards have covered better than they ever used to. That is going to make a huge difference in the standings. They have goal tending issues due to injury so hopefully we can get the next one.

Jonesy

They are one of the higher rated defensive teams this season I believe.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

The Wild looked were flat.. Plain and simple.

What’s the take on Dumba? Broken Ankle? Looked really bad..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh no, trade value effected?

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Oh no, trade value effected?

If something is broken, absolutely effected. It looked bad, in the replay you can see him wincing & trying to control his breathing. He never put an ounce of weight on it when getting off the ice. I’m just speculating, but it didn’t look good..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah that didn’t look good at all. Hopefully it’s a little wake up call for this team after a nice win streak. Folingo and Dumba out for awhile hurts though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Every team gets completely outplayed every now and then, hell the Flyers lost 9-0 to the Rangers the other night…what matters is what you do the next game and don’t let it turn into consecutive games getting outplayed…sofar this season they have avoided that…we’ll see tomorrow afternoon.

Dumba needs an exorcism done, dude can’t catch a break (or unfortunately maybe he can) We dodged a bullet last time he looked to be seriously injured, I don’t think we’ll get lucky again…

If he is out for the season, i’m warming to the idea of just exposing him in the xpac draft and if selected, we clear $6 in cap space the next few years. We could sign a vet FA center to fill in for next year, see how Rossi pans out and then start planning to make a huge offer to Barkov if he hits FA after next season…The point being you’re not pigeon-holed into making salaries work in a complicated trade…

CaptainMusky

That was a clunker for sure. Didn’t have their legs and the Avs flat out worked them for the entire 60 minutes. That’s a very good team, but I think we will come out better Saturday after a few visits to the local dispensaries.

CaptainMusky

You guys catch the Evason quote before Tuesday’s game? This guy is turning out to be a quote machine and its pretty hilarious.

“You’re not going to be banging each other down low when you banged the night before and you’re about to get hammered the next night.”

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I haven’t paid much attention at all. How are they doing in the standings? How does there group compare strength wise with the other groups in the league?

Is this a play-off team? Would they be a play-off team if the normal divisions & schedules were being playing?

CaptainMusky

I haven’t paid much attention at all. How are they doing in the standings? How does there group compare strength wise with the other groups in the league?

Is this a play-off team? Would they be a play-off team if the normal divisions & schedules were being playing?

After last night’s loss they fall 1 point behind Colorado and are now in 3rd place. Vegas is 4 pts up on the Wild and 2 pts ahead of Colorado. Blues are in 4th place, 4 pts behind the Wild, but the two have not played each other yet.
    These 4 teams will represent the West most definitely. The Wild should finish 3rd or 4th. Going into the season they were projected 4th and fighting for that spot with Arizona, but the Wild have dominated them and they are 8 pts back.
    How does this Division compare to others? Well, the Canadian division they dont play defense so there has been more scoring but only Toronto scares me a little out of those teams.
    The Central Division is going to be a real battle. TB, FLA, and CAR really battling each other and the surprising Blackhawks in 4th.
    Vegas and Colorado are the two best teams in the West and near the top for favorites to win the Cup. The Wild have done fairly well against both teams this year, but Colorado has been having some injury issues and are getting healthier. The game Saturday will tell more about how the Wild stack up than last night’s game IMO.
    If they look like they did last night, they will not finish higher than 3rd, but if they play like they have played most nights they will be competitive and could win a playoff round or two. Beyond that its a roll of the dice.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Total stinker last night and pretty predictable after 4 against Arizona that the Wild would try to sleepwalk through a better opponent.

Once again another team shows the Wild what happens when you actually put a high % of your shots on the net rather than missing high/wide by a foot. Everybody except Kaprisov fired shot after shot high and wide.

And I liked the fact that the announcers are openly talking about what is wrong with the league that they continue to instruct the officials that a crosscheck isn’t a crosscheck when it’s in front of the net. Could we FINALLY see the league decide this penalty is actually a penalty as they did with slashing a few years back?

The only positive is another PP goal. Hopefully, the Wild take note, don’t get fixated on getting set up, push the line rush and catch the D thinking you’re just trying to get the puck in deep.

Dumba. Very bad. Gotta be broken.

Bad game. Reload and try again.

CaptainMusky

And I liked the fact that the announcers are openly talking about what is wrong with the league that they continue to instruct the officials that a crosscheck isn’t a crosscheck when it’s in front of the net. Could we FINALLY see the league decide this penalty is actually a penalty as they did with slashing a few years back?

This is the single thing that never gets called that irritates me the most. In front of the net, its not a penalty, but anywhere else it is? Makes no sense. If a guy uses his stick held horizontally to shove someone, I dont see that as a penalty, but when the use it to chop them in the back it should be.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

This is the single thing that never gets called that irritates me the most. In front of the net, its not a penalty, but anywhere else it is? Makes no sense. If a guy uses his stick held horizontally to shove someone, I dont see that as a penalty, but when the use it to chop them in the back it should be.

Break your stick over a guy’s ribs: no problem
    Accidently flip the puck over the glass: 2 minutes

Dumbest rules in the NHL

Don’t forget Dumba sprained that ankle earlier this year. My guess is he just tweaked it again… like I said at the time, ankle sprains never seem to fully go away.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Evason just had a presser and said “Dumba is out for tomorrows game, but the prognosis ended up being alot better than it originally looked”

I figure Dumba has about 7 lives left if escaping last night with just a minor injury…

CaptainMusky

Evason just had a presser and said “Dumba is out for tomorrows game, but the prognosis ended up being alot better than it originally looked”

I figure Dumba has about 7 lives left if escaping last night with just a minor injury…

Isn’t that the truth!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Guys, I just Googled “Today’s Wild game highlights” and got the following message: Your search returned 0 results.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Guys? Guys? I’m getting a little worried here that I’m the last Wild fan left alive. Like maybe everybody was watching the game live and…well…it just killed them dead.

Guys. Please respond. Over. Wild fans? Are you out there? Over.

[Radio silence…]

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I watched the first period and had a feeling it was going to turn out well.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Let’s just say the Avs reminded us what this team really is. A good team, that (usually) outworks the other team, but still needs some added skill and speed.

CaptainMusky

Watched the whole game. The Wild got what they deserved. A couple of grotesquely off games for sure. Kaahkonnen needs to not drop down on every shot FFS. We really miss Foligno moreso than Dumba IMO. His line with Ek and Greenway have shut down Mackinnon in the past but they weren’t together. Huge difference.

CaptainMusky

Kings up 2 rip on vegas. This would help the Wild provided they right the ship against ANA but who are we kidding the Wild won’t win the division so if vegas won out it wouldn’t matter. We’re competing with the Blues now.

tswoboda

Guys? Guys? I’m getting a little worried here that I’m the last Wild fan left alive. Like maybe everybody was watching the game live and…well…it just killed them dead.

[Radio silence…]

We were all ejected from the bandwagon when it went in the ditch, rolled 6 times, and smoked a tree.

Umy
    South Metro

[Radio silence…]

We’re still here. 2 games that WERE total stinkers. THey looked tired and played like they had given up in last place. Tonite’s game is hopefully a truer representation of how they CAN play. We haven’t given up yet.

CaptainMusky

MoJo back in the lineup tonight. Maybe he will come back as shot out of a cannon as Zuccarello, but I am not not optimistic.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,411 through 1,440 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.