2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• hop307
    Northern Todd County

Fleury placed in Covid protocol. Hopefully this doesn’t effect any of the Wild players or games.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe title=”Posted Up with Ryan Carter–Kaprizov goes Beast Mode, More Beer for the (Older) Boys” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/2rWVb13mDeE?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>
    hahahahahaha

That’s funny, I have to admit, I hated Carter as a player, but he’s growing on me bigtime in these video skits and his color commentary of Wild games…Why do I get the feeling that Kirill isn’t a beer drinker?

Ripjiggen

just saw a tweet, Filip Johansson has a total of 6 goals and 5 assists in 42 games played this season in the Swedish Elite League…To give some perspective, typically the league leaders in scoring have around 50 points sofar this season…

Doesn’t he play d? I guess to me it doesn’t tell me a whole lot about his game.

Ripjiggen

Twins allowed 10000 fans any word in if wild will allow some?

Umy
    South Metro

WE CAN’T WAIT TO WELCOME YOU BACK!
    Following today’s announcement by Governor Tim Walz, the Minnesota Wild is excited to announce the team will be able to welcome a maximum of 3,000 fans to Xcel Energy Center, starting on Monday, April 5 when the Wild hosts the Colorado Avalanche at 7 p.m. “We can’t wait to welcome more fans to watch Minnesota Wild games at Xcel Energy Center starting April 5,” said Minnesota Wild President Matt Majka.

Read the Release on Wild.com ››

At this time we are excited to invite active Season Ticket Members to remaining regular season home games. For your best shot at seeing the Wild in action, become a Member of the 4Ever Wild Community. Full, half and 11-game season options are available as well as flexible payment plans. Which membership is right for you? ››

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    just saw a tweet, Filip Johansson has a total of 6 goals and 5 assists in 42 games played this season in the Swedish Elite League…To give some perspective, typically the league leaders in scoring have around 50 points sofar this season…

Doesn’t he play d? I guess to me it doesn’t tell me a whole lot about his game.

Yes, he’s a 2nd pair defenseman, his team is middle of the pack

Ripjiggen

I guess I am failing to see your point are you saying he is playing well and his points are fine or not playing well and he should have more.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I guess I am failing to see your point are you saying he is playing well and his points are fine or not playing well and he should have more.

No idea how to interpret it, just pointing out his current stats this season as he was being discussed…Somebody dedicated an article on him earlier this season and they mentioned most scouts felt he was finally starting to play like the prospect he was projected to be…my guess is if there’s zero chance the Wild would be given any type of “do over” pick by not signing him, they’ll likely sign him just to see how he looks in Iowa vs tape of the Swedish elite league games…

Outside of Addison and maybe the 2 guys we just drafted (O’Rourke & Hunt) our future D prospect pool is pretty slim..

Ripjiggen

Gotcha. Yeah I guess his points don’t really tell much of a story for a Swedish defensemen. I would say not bad but without knowing more it doesn’t tell much of a story. Brodin I believe had 0 goals and 8 assists his last year in Sweden which obviously wouldn’t tell his story either.
    Looking at who went after him in the first and second not much currently happening in the NHL to this point.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

That was enjoyable. Woulda been cool to see the hats for KK97 tonight!

CaptainMusky

OK guys this is getting ridiculous. I’m about to do something drastic. This Kaprizov guy is going to make me make some poor decisions.

JoeMX1825
    MN

3 goals and +4 in the 3rd period, could that have been the best period ever played by a Wild player?

Unreal talent who can literally do it all at an elite level…

JoeMX1825
    MN

With all the attention that Kaprizov got last night, lost in the mix was that Parise only played like 3 shifts in the 3rd period. Deanos doghouse is not a good spot for a $7.5 guy with 4 years left on his deal…

This could be the start of an ugly divorce…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The D has been really impressive during this stretch other than a few periods. Right now even if the offense isn’t firing on all cylinders, which we have seen, the defense still keeps them in it until the offense puts one or two in. Pretty impressive to me. Probably has a lot to do with the goaltending we are getting too.

CaptainMusky

With all the attention that Kaprizov got last night, lost in the mix was that Parise only played like 3 shifts in the 3rd period. Deanos doghouse is not a good spot for a $7.5 guy with 4 years left on his deal…

This could be the start of an ugly divorce…

The wild were taking a lot of penalties so I’m sure that played into it but yeah I didn’t think Parise was playing poorly he was skating hard and even had a few chances.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I sure hope there’s something wrong with Parise, because if there’s not and he’s this bad now healthy and there’s 4 more years of this level or worse at $7.5, we’re fecked…

He shot that 3on2 10’ over the net!!!

He is consistently the last guy out of the zone on backchecks and rarely if ever wins a puck battle anymore…

I’ve seen zero change to his game since being a healthy scratch, Deano and GMBG must be pulling their hair out on what to do with him…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Less is more Gigi, less is more…

CaptainMusky

agreed. She is new and obviously nervous but I think she will be good. I really like walz and his analysis but he gets too wordy too. Carter is better suited to color, walz should be in the pregame etc

CaptainMusky

I’ve seen zero change to his game since being a healthy scratch, Deano and GMBG must be pulling their hair out on what to do with him…

what did you expect? He didn’t think he did anything wrong. I don’t think he’s playing that bad right now we just have a lot of guys who are way more skilled then he is.

JoeMX1825
    MN

what did you expect? He didn’t think he did anything wrong. I don’t think he’s playing that bad right now we just have a lot of guys who are way more skilled then he is.

I think i was hopeful all the rumors about him weren’t true…nope

CaptainMusky

I thought Suter was more the one with the attitude in the locker room I think we see who it really was. Seeing suters poatgames he’s got quite the personality this year. The fact remains with KK and Zuccs we don’t need Parise to produce much. I think he had a good game today but if he has attitude issues BG will take care of that.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well ho-hum, just another Wild win then. Nothing to see here, boys. Well, OK, I’m going to have to take back more of the bad things I said about Rask…

So now the Wild have a goalie who won 2 in a row while giving up 1 goal in the process and another goalie that has won what is it 7 straight? We’re in uncharted territory here guys.

Seeing suters poatgames he’s got quite the personality this year.

This is out there, but I have to wonder about the sudden change with Suter. Russo and others have commented in the past that he is just very, very uncomfortable doing interviews and he dislikes doing them on camera even more. You could see it in commercials and promo spots as well, he just is not a comfortable on-camera guy.

Of course, this got immediately interpreted by some fans as “Suter is a stuck up d!ck.” Because in Minnesota, if you’re getting the big contract, you BETTER have a freaking smile on your face 24/7 or you’re an aloof POS.

But suddenly this year he comes off totally different on cameras or in interviews. It’s almost like he embraced yoga, got a media-coaching, or started taking anti=anxiety meds or something. Honestly, it’s a night and day difference.

JoeMX1825
    MN

agreed. She is new and obviously nervous but I think she will be good. I really like walz and his analysis but he gets too wordy too. Carter is better suited to color, walz should be in the pregame etc

it could be alot worse, Greenlay is gone thankfully…

Ripjiggen

Didn’t see the game I was on a airplane to catch some saltwater fish. First game I haven’t watched. ZP couldn’t have been that bad he had 2 helpers and Russo is tweeting that him and Fiala played well. And stone hands had another. Don’t care at this point how he gets them as long as he gets them. A PP goal today as well. Most games against Phoenix are not going to be pretty. They slow the game down a lot. Any update on Folingo?

hop307
    Northern Todd County

My thoughts on Parise, he sees the writing on the wall that he is not the go to player anymore and is having a hissy fit about it.

Suter to me has always seemed like a laid back/easy going guy. We are winning, the future looks bright, he sees that and is having fun with it. It also makes his job easier with better offensive weapons, meaning he spends less time in the defensive zone.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Didn’t see the game I was on a airplane to catch some saltwater fish. First game I haven’t watched. ZP couldn’t have been that bad he had 2 helpers and Russo is tweeting that him and Fiala played well. And stone hands had another. Don’t care at this point how he gets them as long as he gets them. A PP goal today as well. Most games against Phoenix are not going to be pretty. They slow the game down a lot. Any update on Folingo?

lol, stonehands scored without officially registering a shot on goal (he’s so good, he can score without actually shooting)

Parise’s assists were just chopping the puck up the boards…Russo is grasping for straws trying to stay on Parise’s good graces to hopefully still get future interviews… anybody who watched the game could see he’s worthless out there…

No idea why Russo is mentioning Fiala and Parise in the same breath making it sound like they both are having issues with their game. Fiala’s recent scoring drought was completely tied to who he’s playing with… they put him on a new line and look at that he ends up on the scoresheet.

Foligno is in a walking boot and likely out 2-3 weeks, most likely a deep bone bruise, but nothing broken…I bet he’s only out a week….

JoeMX1825
    MN

My thoughts on Parise, he sees the writing on the wall that he is not the go to player anymore and is having a hissy fit about it.

Suter to me has always seemed like a laid back/easy going guy. We are winning, the future looks bright, he sees that and is having fun with it. It also makes his job easier with better offensive weapons, meaning he spends less time in the defensive zone.

this is a good take

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

lol, stonehands scored without officially registering a shot on goal (he’s so good, he can score without actually shooting)

Parise’s assists were just chopping the puck up the boards…Russo is grasping for straws trying to stay on Parise’s good graces to hopefully still get future interviews… anybody who watched the game could see he’s worthless out there…

No idea why Russo is mentioning Fiala and Parise in the same breath making it sound like they both are having issues with their game. Fiala’s recent scoring drought was completely tied to who he’s playing with… they put him on a new line and look at that he ends up on the scoresheet.

Foligno is in a walking boot and likely out 2-3 weeks, most likely a deep bone bruise, but nothing broken…I bet he’s only out a week….

That’s what high end centers do Joe. rotflol
    Like I said didn’t see the actual game and just pick up tidbits, so thanks for the updates.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,321 through 1,350 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.