2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• KP
    Hudson, WI

They should use Tiricco more but maybe he doesnt want to do that many games.

I agree that Walz is better in the studio and Carter has been really good I think as the color announcer. Is Greenlay still employed by FSN?

CaptainMusky

Is Greenlay still employed by FSN?

I dont believe so. He is involved with some investment group or something in the TC area. He is still around because he fixed Russo’s dishwasher a few months ago! LOL A coffee bean had gotten lodged in the disposal pump in the bottom. Only Russo and his coffee biting him in the ass LOL

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Have you ever heard Mike Tiricco do hockey games? The guy can do a play by play on a garage sale and make it worth listening to. He is so good. He did the NHL Outdoor games at Tahoe this year. He would be my pick for the National Broadcast games, but Gary Thorne with Clement would be saweet too. I like Melrose, but I just think he is better suited as a studio analyst.

My guess is that Tirico has other obligations with NBC as well. He does football and the olympics in addition to hockey. He’s pretty good though and if he can do a national telecast once a week that would be good.

Melrose is not great during the game. He does the Frozen Four every April with Buccigross and the problem with that is that he knows virtually nothing about college hockey. He announces names wrong all the time and really only knows the players who are drafted by NHL teams. I agree that he is better suited in the studio as an analyst than a commentator.

I assume that some of the people who work for NBC right now doing broadcasts or in the analyst studio will be hired by ESPN. It would be a shame to lose all those people like Tappen, Sharp, Jones, Carter, etc.

CaptainMusky

I assume that some of the people who work for NBC right now doing broadcasts or in the analyst studio will be hired by ESPN. It would be a shame to lose all those people like Tappen, Sharp, Jones, Carter, etc.

I would hope so too! Each of those you listed are terrific and Carter is good on the color commentary too not just studio. I still dont like Sharp, but he is very very good. The whole cast is good to listen too now that Milbury is gone finally.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

I would hope so too! Each of those you listed are terrific and Carter is good on the color commentary too not just studio. I still dont like Sharp, but he is very very good. The whole cast is good to listen too now that Milbury is gone finally.

Now if we could just get rid of Audra…..

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Who was plan A? I genuinely don’t remember there being much discussion about any frontrunners, there was speculation about potentials, but I cannot seem to remember anyone being a real hot fit that went elsewhere.

So with 20 games left in the season and the team on the playoff bubbly, Gurin fires Bruce and hangs the interim tag on Deano for the remainder of the season and the failed play-in attempt. Then it goes quiet with hardly a peep about the coaching situation and after all that, BG mysteriously tears off the interim tag and Dean’s the man.

I can’t see how anyone would believe Deano was the Plan A guy. If he was, what took so long? Clearly, BG had someone else in mind and something went south.

I’m not saying fire him now, but it’s certainly time for him to prove he belongs at the helm of an NHL team. Lack of #1 centerman can’t be the whole explanation for a power play that THIS bad. Sorry, but there are teams with less talent than the Wild who are kicking our @ss in the power play stats. Time to put on the Big Coach pants and figure it out.

Grouse

I agree it’s a bit surprising that there haven’t been many strategical changes to the PP, but for the first time in this franchise’s history, we have a team that comes out of the locker room and is prepared and amped up from the drop of the puck. No other head coach has been able to do that for this franchise. I think Dean has been pretty darn good so far.

I agree – fun to have a team to watch that is out there hustling, capable, has some speed, smiles and are talking on the bench and have a number of guys who are willing to “tale it on the chin” when it is called for. THe power play sucks yes but with our schedule and travel it’s tough to get work in. I like the play the line that’s having the most success mindset at this point barring some other miracle approach. I agree Eveson is doing pretty well with this team.

CaptainMusky

Man, hearing some specifics about that deal with ESPN, ESPN+, ABC and HULU and its quite the endeavor!
    Sounds like one of the main focusses was getting it on streaming services like HULU and ESPN+ which is great for those of you who were cord cutters.
    They are going to have weekly National Broadcast games on Thursdays I believe as well. Shall be interesting.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I agree it’s a bit surprising that there haven’t been many strategical changes to the PP, but for the first time in this franchise’s history, we have a team that comes out of the locker room and is prepared and amped up from the drop of the puck. No other head coach has been able to do that for this franchise. I think Dean has been pretty darn good so far.

I agree – fun to have a team to watch that is out there hustling, capable, has some speed, smiles and are talking on the bench and have a number of guys who are willing to “tale it on the chin” when it is called for. THe power play sucks yes but with our schedule and travel it’s tough to get work in. I like the play the line that’s having the most success mindset at this point barring some other miracle approach. I agree Eveson is doing pretty well with this team.

I agree, this team is more fun to watch than any recent iteration of the Wild. How much of that is due to Kaprisov vs anything Eveson has done? Roughly all of it plus 62% is due to Kaprisov coming on the scene.

Fix the power play and make it even AVERAGE and this team becomes a serious-serious threat and not just to gracefully lose in R1.

Grouse

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>

I agree, this team is more fun to watch than any recent iteration of the Wild. How much of that is due to Kaprisov vs anything Eveson has done? Roughly all of it plus 62% is due to Kaprisov coming on the scene.

Fix the power play and make it even AVERAGE and this team becomes a serious-serious threat and not just to gracefully lose in R1.

Grouse

I think a lot has to do with Eveson actually. Sure they are more skilled which helps, but they could still certainly come out of the tunnel with the same lazy, half a*&ed attitude they always did before this season even with Kaprizov. I think he is holding guys accountable and getting them to play hard from the drop of the puck.

Stone in, Pietrangelo out for tonight’s game.

Umy
    South Metro

If Evander Kane gets out of his contract and resigns somewhere else and escapes his “debt” It won’t matter to me how the Wild are playing. If the NHL supports this the institution is crap and just goes to show where our country’s priorities and morals have gone. I will wave goodbye – this is ridiculous.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Just once I’d like to see a Wild team hit someone back in a big game. They always get crushed physically in big games. I know it’s not our style but they don’t finish their checks and it drives me nuts…..

and great, now we have to watch our power play….. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thankfully we got a Ek gift early because Fleury looks super sharp tonight…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Might want to try somewhere other than the glove on Fleury tonight.

JoeMX1825
    MN

This is an awesome game sofar, Its so refreshing to see a Wild team that can play fast or heavy when needed.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Lots of scary turnovers by both sides. Could be 3-3 right now instead of 1-1.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hartman being out of the lineup really messes up the lines. Seems like we only have the KK line and Foligno, Ek, Greenway lines that can generate anything now.

Fiala is on an island with Parise and Rask.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Does Foligno answer the bell and tussle with Reeves in the 3rd letting them know we wont be intimidated? Vegas taking some liberties out there with our skilled guys (Patuerreti comes into the scrum at the end of the 2nd and goes right after Kaprizov)

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Does Foligno answer the bell and tussle with Reeves in the 3rd letting them know we wont be intimidated? Vegas taking some liberties out there with our skilled guys (Patuerreti comes into the scrum at the end of the 2nd and goes right after Kaprizov)

As much as I want to see them stand up for themselves I’d rather see them take some good clean runs at their players instead of fight Reeves. Foligno is tough but Reeves is on another level as a fighter. I just wish they’d freaking hit somebody.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

POWER PLAY GOAL!!!!!

yay yay yay yay yay

Dan
    Southeast MN

Wow, Fleury was on his was to another good night until a few minutes ago.

Keep these games on NBCSN coming, I can actually watch them!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That Soucy goal was awesome. Right in his wheel house.

Ripjiggen

POWER PLAY GOAL!!!!!

yay yay yay yay yay

The odds have to flip at some point. One of the top teams 5 on 5 any help from PP is going to be something.
    Kahkonen moving into top 3 goalies stat wise. Could be a game changer for this club. Goalie can really flip the script. Aka when St. Louis when on there run.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

And the prevent defense strikes again. Let’s hope we don’t go to OT

Ripjiggen

Almost jinxed them. Sorry about that. Kakko is still good. rotflol

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

That was too close for comfort. But a W is a W.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Tuch has got to be kicking himself. shock

How about Kyle Rau tonight!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Kaprizov just setup Ek with another point blank scoring opportunity and stone hands shoots it right into the middle of the goalies pads…thats like 4-5 premium scoring area chances like that the past few games that Ek just flubbed…

Stone Hands didn’t “flub” last night. Oh, and old Stone Hands STILL leads the team in goals scored. coffee

Another great game to watch. I thought maybe they were going to cough it up at the end there, but the D pulled through. That game could have easily been 6-6 after 3 periods. Fun game to watch, no doubt.

How long does Kappo get the start? I don’t see any back to backs for about 6 weeks. The kid is young & on fire!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Bring back thorn and clement.

I remember back then I like engblom. As a broadcaster for the lightning I cannot stand him. While maybe not a homer, he never has any criticism of the lightning.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And for God’s sake brink back hockey falls.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,261 through 1,290 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.