2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have never been a big Brad Hunt fan, but he had a nice game for not being out there for a month and after listening to his post game interview and what teammates say about him makes him pretty easy to root for actually.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    2 “I’m absolutely ready for the NHL” type goals by Matt Boldy tonight…he never slowed down from his insane scoring pace the back half of last season…he’s gonna be another gem rookie for the Wild!

He has erased any fears of those who wanted the Wild to draft Caufield instead (me)

I never wanted Caufield. Yeah he seemed like the better pick but he’s tiny and I don’t think that’s going to translate well. We will see. Boldy is the type of player we need and certainly complements the pieces we have already. I won’t revoke you IDO Wild GM card for this at all

Other than a 1C, what is the most desperately needed asset in this organization, a pure goal scorer! Especially his draft year when I believe we had the fewest goals scored in the entire league. We had the chance to draft the best pure goal scorer in perhaps the last decade and passed. Yes, he’s 5’7”, so was Theo Fleury and Martin St Louis and they succeeded in the clutch & grab days. Hell Kaprizov is only 5’9” and Spurgeon is tiny as well, yes Caufield will need to add bulk but most 19 year olds do. Caufield has 42 goals in 60 career games in college. The kid has been an elite pure goal scorer at every level he’s ever played at.

What’s our track record drafting and developing “Power Forwards”???

We’ll see how their careers play out but Caufield’s scoring ability would have given the Wild something they haven’t had since Gaborik…can you imagine giving Kaprizov an elite finisher to pass to?

I’m excited to see what Boldy can do though…

Umy
    South Metro

Being a die hard Wild fan it’s hard to say this but I think the bigger victory was a team that is struggling this season, goes down two goals right away, again, but hangs in the to score 4 unanswered goals.
    Lots of reasons we lost but impressive fortitude by Arizona. We’ll rebound.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pretty common last game of a road trip, get up early, relax and blow the lead game…

Kaprizov line was -3, easily their worst game of the year, but the kid could still generate offense by himself whenever he wanted…pretty unreal to watch somebody do that in the NHL not named McDavid or Kane…

2 HUGE games against the Knights next!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

pretty unreal to watch somebody do that in the NHL not named McDavid or Kane…

What’s more unreal is that the guy is wearing a MN Wild sweater!!

CaptainMusky

2 HUGE games against the Knights next!

We need Hartman back! Yes, these are 2 HUGE games, man we lost both of these and its going to be a tough hit. They do have a string of home games at least since they have played the fewest home games in the NHL so far. They have also played so many games in few days because of the make up games. It would be nice to have a bit of a break, but that was really never going to happen with this condensed season either.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m hoping for a split. Obviously I’d love to take both games but not sure that’s realistic after watching the last two games.

CaptainMusky

Stone is a gametime decision so if he were to be out that certainly wouldnt hurt my feelings.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Stone is a gametime decision so if he were to be out that certainly wouldnt hurt my feelings.

They wouldn’t have anyone to assist on the goals if that was the case….Man alive did he rack up the points in those two games.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

They wouldn’t have anyone to assist on the goals if that was the case….Man alive did he rack up the points in those two games.

Dude is ridiculous!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They are flying tonight. Let’s hope they can do it for 3 periods this time.

Ripjiggen

Beat me to it. Legs are moving cycling well. Dumba is going to get one tonight.

Umy
    South Metro

Wonder how much Vegas pays for their officials??….
    Granted a penalty is a penalty but these last three games w Vegas have been a little one sided.
    Yes, they look good so far 😀

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kaprizov just setup Ek with another point blank scoring opportunity and stone hands shoots it right into the middle of the goalies pads…thats like 4-5 premium scoring area chances like that the past few games that Ek just flubbed…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Ek is ick!!

Ripjiggen

Kaprizov just setup Ek with another point blank scoring opportunity and stone hands shoots it right into the middle of the goalies pads…thats like 4-5 premium scoring area chances like that the past few games that Ek just flubbed…

I guess he could have been Bjugstad and missed the net completely. doah

Umy
    South Metro

We figured out that the refs are actually TRYING to help the Wild by not calling penalties cause our power play pretty much stinks. Wish they had more practice opportunities in their schedule.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

You know what else is ick?

The power play.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are we ready to say Kaapo is for real yet?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I didn’t want to say it during the game and jynx them but holy crap was the defense good tonight. Their sticks were getting in the way of every pass, breaking up scoring chances all night. Very impressed tonight, even with the lack of offense. Big win.

Ripjiggen

I’m not sure Kaprisovs game is going to translate to the NHL. Now we have NHL writers with influence in awards voting saying they should change the calder award requirements. WTF. We cannot have anything nice ever.

Just gives Kappo a chance to win. shock

I was only half joking but he is in top five in GAA Save% and just outside top five for wins and that is only because he hasn’t played the amount of games the guys in front of him have.

Anyone notice who wasn’t on the ice for the last two minutes with the goalie pulled. whistling

Joe did you not see that sick pass by stone hands to set up Brodin for an empty netter. rotflol
    Was actually nice board work to get the puck out late.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anyone notice who wasn’t on the ice for the last two minutes with the goalie pulled. whistling

He looked like he was playing really hard tonight even though he wasn’t on the scoresheet.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I’m not sure Kaprisovs game is going to translate to the NHL. Now we have NHL writers with influence in awards voting saying they should change the calder award requirements. WTF. We cannot have anything nice ever.

Just gives Kappo a chance to win. shock

I was only half joking but he is in top five in GAA Save% and just outside top five for wins and that is only because he hasn’t played the amount of games the guys in front of have.

Joe did you not see that sick pass by stone hands to set up Brodin for an empty netter. rotflol
    Was actually nice board work to get the puck out late.

Ek has the perfect 3rd line center motor, no quit in him that’s for sure, now about that scoring touch though (tsk tsk) I think him and Rask lead the team in blown opportunities..

as said earlier, the Wild’s defense brought their A game, Brodin and Dumba dominated out there…

anybody else notice a slight decline in Spurgeon’s game sofar this season? Just not his steady game we’re so used to, more turnovers, getting beat out of the corners more often…something to keep an eye on..

JoeMX1825
    MN

You know what else is ick?

The power play.

seriously, how have they not brought in somebody completely new to run the powerplay? We have way too much offensive talent to be this bad at it…They need to completely start over from scratch…

Ripjiggen

Bring in someone to what? draw it on a white board. I mean there are handful of PP strategies in the NHL.
    They should try and score on the rush and not set something up once in the zone and just play like it is five on five at this point.
    Or just tell KK to keep circling the wagons and look for an opening. It they get a shot just give it back to him and rinse and repeat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Bring in someone to what? draw it on a white board. I mean there are handful of PP strategies in the NHL.
    They should try and score on the rush and not set something up once in the zone and just play like it is five on five at this point.

They have no clue what they are doing out there…whats the plan? Run it from the point? Run it from the side boards? Have you ever seen a play down low to the slot bumper for a 1 timer? When was the last time you saw Dumba take a 1 timer?

Other than a competent center who can win a draw, what are we missing? Nothing…they have the players, just no plan what to do when they get in the zone…

How have they not tried Kaprizov on the boards yet? He’s worthless in the slot bumper spot…

Stretches of 0-10 are common throughout the league, sometimes you just dont get puck luck or hit posts, etc…but the 4/50 stretch or whatever they are for the season is bad pp coaching…

Maybe Parise still has Adam Oates number….

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

They have no clue what they are doing out there…whats the plan? Run it from the point? Run it from the side boards? Have you ever seen a play down low to the slot bumper for a 1 timer? When was the last time you saw Dumba take a 1 timer?

Other than a competent center who can win a draw, what are we missing? Nothing…they have the players, just no plan what to do when they get in the zone…

How have they not tried Kaprizov on the boards yet? He’s worthless in the slot bumper spot…

Stretches of 0-10 are common throughout the league, sometimes you just dont get puck luck or hit pists, etc…but the 4/50 stretch or whatever they are for the season is bad pp coaching…

Maybe Parise still has Adam Oates number….

Don’t disagree not a whole lot of time to work on it however and can only really work on it in games. I mean I don’t see why a coach/coaching staff can’t change the pp or pp strategy on the fly. I mean every player has probably ran every pp know to man in there career. You may have hit some of it in the head though. Not having the talent down the middle has to have some of the blame.
    Like I said give it to KK and just let him skate around.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Are we ready to say Kaapo is for real yet?

I’m on the Kaapo wagon! Kid is really impressive so far. I think thats 7 wins in a row for him last night. Seems focused, not giving up big rebounds, & seems to be in the right spot at the right time. I’m glad he finally got the shut out!

That was a fun game to watch! Full steam the whole game from both teams made for a great game! Glad I finally got to watch a whole game.

Anyone here mention that KK97 is an absolute godsend of talent!? Wow! I just love watching the kid when he has the puck. If you’re on his line, you best be ready at ALL times. His passes are sick!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m not sure I think Spurgeon’s game is declining. He’s constantly out there against the best players and you’re going to get beat some times. I think he’s still be one of their best defensemen. Or maybe it’s because I’m too busy watching Suter cough up the puck whenever he’s out there to notice.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They have no clue what they are doing out there…whats the plan?

There isn’t one. I predicted this before the season even started and everyone thought I was an idiot. We’re almost halfway through the season now and I’m still here wave

Viewing 30 posts - 1,201 through 1,230 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.