2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Loved the uniforms tonight.

two of the best retro designs in the league, felt like I was watching an 80’s game…

Ripjiggen

It’s 7 of 18 everywhere I looked but I digress. 44 of 176 career..in only 316 games. Same amount as CMcD in less games.
    Put him in on a line with Fiala and Zucc right now and yes I think he is still netting a bunch. whistling

KK is fun to watch and can change the outcome of the game. He definitely makes me want to tune in every game.

Is KK more valuable to his team than Mathews..ehhh dunno but MVP doesn’t usually mean most valuable to their team.

Ripjiggen

Loved the uniforms tonight.

Kings Jersey is one of the best retro for sure. Colorado is great as well.
    Stars on wild breezers are a nice touch.

tswoboda

Is KK more valuable to his team than Mathews..ehhh dunno but MVP doesn’t usually mean most valuable to their team.

That’s actually the definition of the Hart. But yeah it always just goes to whoever has the most points/goals and makes the playoffs, so Kaprizov will not be winning the Hart. NHL awards are all dumb and don’t ever go to who actually deserves them based on definition.

So I actually agree with Joe that Kaprizov should be a Hart contender based on definition. But unless he goes 1.5 PPG minimum from here on out it’s, it’s not gonna happen.

Hopefully Dumba helped his trade value tonight, beauty of a GWG. His shirt was great! jester

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Is KK more valuable to his team than Mathews..ehhh dunno but MVP/HART doesn’t usually RESULT in the most valuable to their team.

That’s actually the definition of the Hart. But yeah it always just goes to whoever has the most points/goals and makes the playoffs, so Kaprizov will not be winning the Hart. NHL awards are all dumb and don’t ever go to who actually deserves them based on definition.

So I actually agree with Joe that Kaprizov should be a Hart contender based on definition. But unless he goes 1.5 PPG minimum from here on out it’s, it’s not gonna happen.

Hopefully Dumba helped his trade value tonight, beauty of a GWG. His shirt was great! jester

Edited. toast

JoeMX1825
    MN

Finally got a screen grab of the t-shirt…

Attachments:
    1. FAD7BCDB-D76B-4F24-AF52-0FFF4451936F.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

It’s 7 of 18 everywhere I looked but I digress. 44 of 176 career..in only 316 games. Same amount as CMcD in less games.
    Put him in on a line with Fiala and Zucc right now and yes I think he is still netting a bunch. whistling

KK is fun to watch and can change the outcome of the game. He definitely makes me want to tune in every game.

yep, you are correct he only has 7ppg, I first checked from my phone and mistook the 9 power play points row from his nhl.com stats page…I never said he would win the MVP, I said he seriously deserves to be in the conversation sofar this short season and if he and the Wild can keep this pace up all season, he should be considered at the end. Still alot of season left…

Fun game tonight!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

6 in a row?!
    Might have to dust off the lawn chair.

JoeMX1825
    MN

6 in a row?!

we’re now hitting the meaty part of their schedule, we’ll know in a few weeks if this team is legit or a product of facing the lesser teams early in the schedule. They are playing well right now though! Fun to watch!

JoeMX1825
    MN

ok, found the shirt for sale, no idea if Dumba is selling them or somebody quickly copied one and started selling them…

More back story (per Russo). Dumba gave shirts to every Wild player and they all wore them in the locker room when Kaprizov showed up before the game…hilarious!

Attachments:
    1. 5923CCB6-D9A7-4560-B36D-CB285F393808.jpeg

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

ok, found the shirt for sale, no idea if Dumba is selling them or somebody quickly copied one and started selling them…

More back story (per Russo). Dumba gave shirts to every Wild player and they all wore them in the locker room when Kaprizov showed up before the game…hilarious!

Same company that Parise got to make the Eriksson Ek Mr. September shirts. You can buy them here:

JoeMX1825
    MN

I sure wish it would be possible to keep Dumba around, but I just don’t see how they could do it without alot of future cap pain and losing a Greenway or Ek in the xpac draft…

He can be game changer from the blueline and is a huge locker room chemistry guy…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Same company that Parise got to make the Eriksson Ek Mr. September shirts. You can buy them here:

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”>DOLLAR BILL KIRILL | T-SHIRT</div>

I wonder if the proceeds go to a charity or something?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

6 in a row?!

EPG! Something good must be happening if EPG is talking about the lawn chair! I can’t get over what a different player Zucc looks like. He clearly was very impacted by his injuries last season OR figured he’d better dial up the intensity or he’d be out of a job. Either way, the guy looks fantastic right now. That play along the boards and then to hit Dumba right on the tape (let alone see him) got me to jump off the couch.

joemama
    North St Paul

I agree that we need to wait for a better picture of how good this team is but 3-0 against Colorado and the Kings is a strong statement. I’m impressed by how often Krill is clearly the best player on the ice ie against Colorado. I like Evason’s approach dividing up talent on different lines..who among us cared about zuccarello’s or Rask’s game 1 month ago. Is no one impressed with Kahkonen’s game like I am ?

CaptainMusky

Stalock placed on waivers today with hopes he clears and can be sent to iowa. I don’t think there’s much chance he does clear. Plenty of teams need a goalie and even though he hasn’t played there will be interest namely Buffalo.

JoeMX1825
    MN

He really doesn’t have a place in the the Wild org anymore with Kaapo either starting or backup in the NHL from now on and Hunter Jones developing in Iowa…

JoeMX1825
    MN

listening to the latest Russo podcast with Brian Lawton and he made a few good points. He’s hearing from Florida Mgmt that Barkov isn’t going to be dealt, Eichel trade could happen and the Rangers are the likely trade partner since they can send a 1C back (Zibannejad) and they have a long list of top picks & prospects to include as well..

Lastly they talked about the xpac draft and how Wild fans are freaking out over it, he made a simple point of just protecting the guys that you can and then just accept and “take your medicine” and lose the 1 required player, don’t over think it and lose several like the Vegas draft, he said most GM’s learned that hard lesson last time…

I think this ultimately makes the most sense and could pump the breaks on needing to trade Dumba by the draft (He said there’s definitely a market for Dumba and the return should be good if traded)

Personally, I’m done with worrying about the xpac draft, it is what it is…

CaptainMusky

Yeah after listening to that Friday and I really respect Lawton it made a ton of sense. He’s exactly right teams panicked last time and lost more in the process like the Wild.
    Now what’s going to happen when Johannson is ready? I don’t want to see any changes to this lineup because they are all clicking right now. Do you waive him? That would suck since he was the return for staal but what do you do? Sturm has been great. Scratch him? I don’t know about that either.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yeah after listening to that Friday and I really respect Lawton it made a ton of sense. He’s exactly right teams panicked last time and lost more in the process like the Wild.
    Now what’s going to happen when Johannson is ready? I don’t want to see any changes to this lineup because they are all clicking right now. Do you waive him? That would suck since he was the return for staal but what do you do? Sturm has been great. Scratch him? I don’t know about that either.

i’d waive Bjugstad, It was a worthwhile try but his career is done…still might be able to move Johansson by the deadline, Boston might want him back for a cup run…

tswoboda

Stalock claimed off waivers by Edmonton. Unfortunate but really wasn’t any other option with how well KK34 has been playing.

CaptainMusky

Stalock claimed off waivers by Edmonton. Unfortunate but really wasn’t any other option with how well KK34 has been playing.

Yeah, sad to see him go, but he will get playing time there. With Kahko playing well it wouldnt leave him a spot at all.
    It does free up some cap space which is good.

JoeMX1825
    MN

at least it gives them a little more wiggle room cap wise…honestly I wasn’t the biggest fan of Stalock, he’s gotten better, but his craziness wanting to always handle the puck drove me nuts watching from home…

CaptainMusky

at least it gives them a little more wiggle room cap wise…honestly I wasn’t the biggest fan of Stalock, he’s gotten better, but his craziness wanting to always handle the puck drove me nuts watching from home…

Yeah, he gave me fits too, but I thought he settled down a lot the end of last year, but I agree with you he was too active. He is just a good guy and was a real positive in the locker room, but you don’t keep him around just because either. This will be good for him.
    I dont know how these waivers work, but I thought that the worst teams get first chance right? I am surprised that Buffalo didnt go after him.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I believe it does go by order of worst to first, but I think if you win a claim, you’re then sent to the end of the list and move up as team’s pass on a player? This way the same team couldn’t keep getting all the players if they wanted or could? Not 100% sure though…

CaptainMusky

I believe it does go by order of worst to first, but I think if you win a claim, you’re then sent to the end of the list? This way the same team can’t keep getting all the players if they wanted or could?

That makes sense. I have see a couple other guys get claimed recently, but really hadnt put much thought into it because they weren’t guys that intrigued me.

Ripjiggen

Just had Russo in KFAN. Sounds like the wild tried to slide him through in hopes teams looking for goalies would pass knowing he is not ready to play yet.
    This leaves them very thin a goalie if there happens to be long term injury.
    Wish him luck in Edmonton.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The other thing that sucks for Stalock is that he’ll need to quarantine, he’s already way behind the 8-ball in terms of his conditioning rehab work from his covid heart issue, now he has to sit in a hotel room for 14 days before he can start up again…

Viewing 30 posts - 1,021 through 1,050 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.