2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• tswoboda

This where I disagree with what will happen. If you are trading Dumba plus some stuff and taking on more money it better not be for a potential 1C. It better be bona fide 1C. I personally don’t see this happening.
    More likely to trade Dumba and a pick for a potential/future/young 1C that should not cost more than Dumba on their current contract anyway.

Dumba for Trocheck last spring is looking pretty good right now, but who saw Trocheck lighting it up this year like he is. Certainly seems like trade the market has gone stale for Dumba. But they do NEED to trade him before the Xpac draft or else it’s bye bye Foligno or Greenway. Here’s to hoping a trade happens and Seattle is left with Soucy.

How much salary and term do you see KK and Fiala getting?
    I can’t see Fiala getting over $6 per year.
    I think KK is the more interesting one of the two because do you try and lock him down long term to push out as far as you can his RFA status? If you do that its going to be higher $ per year I would think than you may value you him now.
    It would be nice to get these to somehow coincide with when Parise/Suter come of the books.

Fiala contract is a big question mark to me, probably hinges on how this season plays out… he just continues to be inconsistent and a bridge deal is not an option.

I think KK97 has 3 more seasons until UFA so either they go 2 year bridge at $5m-$6m or long term around $8m.

I’m terrible at predicting contracts so this might be all way off base.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m not sold on Greenway yet. Maybe he comes back to the level he was at the first couple weeks of the season but it looks likes he’s starting to go back to his old ways lately.

Ripjiggen

I would much rather lose Soucy for nothing. Currently makes more than Greenway and is their 5-6 defensemen. Much easier to replace. Hopefully we do better than the last xdraft.

Fiala currently has 6 goals and 1 assist. 9th on the team in points. Not even sure how that is possible to have 1 assist at this point for any forward little lone a top 6.
    I think contracts are a little tough right now because you do not have full seasons the last two years to go off of. Caps staying flat or going backwards. Makes it hard to keep contracts growing. Kind goes for all sports at the moment.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I can see Fiala getting a 4 year deal at $5-$6 per year, I think they try to lockup Kaprizov longer-term to a 6-7 year deal in the $7 per range and hopes he lays some roots in MN and will be interested in signing an extension to finish out his career here. If he pans out he’ll sign either a huge extension or test FA afterwards…Obviously there’s risk signing a new NHLer with only 60+ games under his belt, but from what we’ve seen from Kaprizov, the kid is a rink rat and motivation or lack there of after getting paid won’t be a problem with him, he just loves to pay the game…

By not signing Fiala long term, they can see how Boldy/Rossi progress out of their rookie deals and be in a better position to choose who to sign longer term…

BUT if we do happen to somehow get a 1C, that person is already getting paid a ton or will need to be paid a ton in the future…

oh to be a GM….

CaptainMusky

Yep, GM or capologist this is where they make their money. Different sport but it’s been interesting to see what the Vikings have done in recent years but those roosters may be coming home to roost now. The shell game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

it seems like the only thing you can really do is just keep kicking the can down the road until you reach the dead end and then it’s “We’re rebuilding” time…

Those long term deals can be scary like what Buffalo did with Skinner…He’s in the second year of an eight-year, $72 million deal and he’s been a healthy scratch the last 3 games…

CaptainMusky

Now add in Eichel who’s scratched tonight. Geez Buffalo you’re terrible!

CaptainMusky

It could however mean a trade is imminent for Eichel. We will see I guess.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It could however mean a trade is imminent for Eichel. We will see I guess.

got me excited for a minute until I saw he left warmups with a lower body injury…

hop307
    Northern Todd County

but from what we’ve seen from Kaprizov, the kid is a rink rat and motivation or lack there of after getting paid won’t be a problem with him, he just loves to pay the game…

I really hope this rubs off on some of the other players on this team, maybe it pushes Fiala a little harder, if it would rub off on Greenway and Ek it would help those guys as well. Kaprizov has that ability to make anyone he plays with better. If Ek was centering his line it would make him better as well.

Ripjiggen

Sounds like the Kings are looking for a dman that is around 25 or younger and are willing to part with their young centers. Unfortunately they are specifically looking for a left shot. whistling

Ripjiggen

Playing the Kings is like ground hog day of wild hockey.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kapper just got some revenge on Doughty…unreal talent

Ripjiggen

Legs are moving tonight with all 4 lines.

Ripjiggen

And just like that they stopped.

Ripjiggen

Big first period. Held on on to the lead for the 2pts. The goal post were Quicks best friend tonight. Talbot was solid. KK does something every game to influence the outcome.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As an outsider seeing more and more KK hilights as the season progresses, I think there will be legit super star talk by the end of the season culminating with the calder memorial trophy.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

5 in a row? applause
    When they get a few more I’ll jump back on the bandwagon.

JoeMX1825
    MN

As an outsider seeing more and more KK hilights as the season progresses, I think there will be legit super star talk by the end of the season culminating with the calder memorial trophy.

and he’s doing this with Victor Rask as his center right now…

All season he’s setup countless guys with point blank scoring chances and they either don’t have the skill to finish or the mental game to know it’s coming…put him with a quality center (Zuccarello is a good fit with him sofar on the offwing) and he could dominate out there…It feels like his game is compensating more towards doing what he can to work with the players he’s playing with vs tilting towards his full offensive potential…He does 2-3 things every game that make Wild fans drop their jaws because we’ve only ever seen it done by the elite players of other teams, his impact on the games have been so much more than what’s shown on the nightly highlight shows…

I think SO MANY Wild & Minnesota Sports Fans (myself included) are a little on edge every game because it seems like we are cursed and can never have nice things for long…HOPEFULLY Kaprizov breaks that hex… He’s MUST SEE TV for sure!

* Excuse me as I go sacrifice a live chicken for even mentioning the curse in this thread….

JoeMX1825
    MN

oh and I know it’s still WAY EARLY, but IF Kaprizov and the Wild can stay on a pace like this, there’s a LEGITIMATE argument for MVP consideration…I know it sounds a bit bonkers for a rookie, but look at his body of work and impact on the games sofar…Obviously this team hasn’t faced the Blues or Golden Knights yet, so we’ll see what happens..

Ripjiggen

Yea that is a bit bonkers. Talk maybe McDavid and Mathews are the next Crosby Ovie and then there is the rest. Those two are so good and above everyone else.

JoeMX1825
    MN

McDavid is in a league of his own and is a top 3 MVP candidate every season. Mathews is an elite offensive player who gets alot of his opportunities playing with 2-3 other elite offensive players all game…not saying he’s not an MVP candidate, but put Rask and Zuc on his line and does he still have 18 goals by now?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Quite a finish tonight

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Probably 16

with our Powerplay? 1/2 his current goals are PPG’s

Why would it be our power play?

Not sure if your hyping KK that much or down playing Mathews but probably a stretch either way.
    7 of 18 isn’t exactly half. Either is 44 of 176 in his short career. Which is the same amount of total goals for McDavid.

No longer Kirill the Thrill
    It’s now Dollar Bill Kirill…
    If you saw Dumba’s post game you understand. rotflol

JoeMX1825
    MN

Love the “Dolla Bill Karill” t-shirt Dumba wore for the post game interview!! It was funny and he designed it!

I’m anxious to see the Golden Knights game Monday night!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Loved the uniforms tonight.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Probably 16

with our Powerplay? 1/2 his current goals are PPG’s

Why would it be our power play?

Not sure if your hyping KK that much or down playing Mathews but probably a stretch either way.

No longer Kirill the Thrill
    It’s now Dollar Bill Kirill…
    If you saw Dumba’s post game you understand. rotflol

I meant swap Mathews and Karill, i’m saying there’s zero chance Mathews has 18 goals (9 on the pp) sofar if he didn’t have the linemates he has. Yes he’s an elite talent, but he also only plays with elite talent. Leafs did pretty well without him tonight.

Imo Kirill has been more important to his team than Mathews sofar this early in the season…

Viewing 30 posts - 991 through 1,020 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.