2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    There have been multiple fights already it’s only going to get more contested. This will definitely breed some new rivalries I think.

I believe the primary reason for this is to reduce travel.

Correct, but since there is an all Canada Division they have a lot of travel compared to the others. I understand why they did it, but they are not receiving that benefit of the realignment.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wild hockey is back starting tonight. Can’t wait, even if it’s just the start of late night hockey.

te. Does Rossi even play a game for the wild this season…

We need to know what the heck is wrong with him first…

Weird situation with Rossi’s injury coming seemingly out of nowhere. The only thing I can think of is he was playing hurt in the juniors out of a sense of duty to the Austrian team maybe. Strange because whatever it is, it must be farirly serious. I’m with you, I’d love to know.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

I know he took a puck in the opening game against the US, but that certainly wasnt an upper body type shot, so no idea what could have happened.

tswoboda

Weird situation with Rossi’s injury coming seemingly out of nowhere. The only thing I can think of is he was playing hurt in the juniors out of a sense of duty to the Austrian team maybe. Strange because whatever it is, it must be farirly serious. I’m with you, I’d love to know.

Grouse

Weird situation is right. Part of me thinks it is somehow covid related. Not necessarily out due to covid symptoms but more so related to the additional medical testing players are getting this year due to the NHL’s covid protocol.

Rossi is out with a mysterious upper body injury
    Stalock is out with a mysterious upper body injury
    Jonathan Toews is out with a mysterious illness
    Henrik Lundquist is out with a previously undiagnosed heart condition

I’m guessing there are other similar situations around the league, I just know of these because they are Wild players or high profile players. Stalock was named on the official NHL covid list.

It will be interesting if/when more information comes out, but for now I just hope they can all get healthy/cleared and back on the ice in the near future.

Wade Ottman

Can we talk about Ryan Carter’s hair on the pre-game? What a beaut

Ripjiggen

I have gotten to know Ryan pretty well. He is a beaut. He would also take both as a compliment.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Mark Parrish is a different person and a welcome addition to the FSN studio desk.

Russo’s article about Perrish confronting alcoholism is both frightening and inspiring. Welcome back Parrish.

CaptainMusky

KK97 is real! I can’t be more excited.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think the ice caught Covid…puck is rolling and stopping all over the place…and the fake crowd noise is annoying!

The Kaprizov-Parise-Fiala line was interesting..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah puck is all over the place! Good to see the team skating hard. If that fourth line stays together they could really create some problems. 3 big bodies and 3 guys who can control the puck. They could be fun to watch.

JoeMX1825
    MN

First NHL point for Kaprizov! My god cutting to the middle with your head down like that will get you killed in the NHL! Bjugstad looks pretty slow out there, he’s a step behind the play alot…

Anybody see what McJesus did for Edmonton tonight? My lord he’s on a whole other level than everybody else in the NHL…

Ripjiggen

Bad goal to end the 1st.
    Yeah Carter could have killed KK was about to put an elbow to his face and pulled it back at last second.

CaptainMusky

OK I’ve seen enough KK is underrated. Holy balls!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Is it me or does Suter look like he’s completely going through the motions? Seems like every pass he’s made has been off or in someone’s skates. Also didn’t seem like he knew where to be on Carter’s goal.

KK looks like another Fiala out there to me. That kind of skill flying around the ice. Just seems like he’s on another level than the other forwards on the team.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hard to watch without crowd noise.

CaptainMusky

It is hard to guage these guess with little training camp and no preseason but dayummmm. KK is all that has been advertised. Ridiculous.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So much for all that expected capspace we were going to have this offseason…

It’s just 1 game, but could he have been UNDER HYPED? He was the best player on the ice for both teams all game.

Ripjiggen

First game overreaction.

KK is as good as advertised. His vision and stick work are legit. Pretty quick in small spaces. Won’t be an issue in d zone his stick work allows him to dig out a lot of pucks. 3 points with a game winner.
    Zach looks quick on his line too. 3-12 on face offs on the PP. Might be a problem. Don’t think he won one in the offensive zone. Although it was slightly better than Bjugstad. 0-6 He looked terrible. Did not take long before he was demoted to 4th line where he looked slightly better.
    Fiala was Fiala. He will need some help on that second line. Maybe When Zucc gets healthy that will help. He kind of has to play alone.
    Rask actually looked pretty solid.
    Bonino was a face off machine. Thank god because nobody else could win a draw.
    Greenway looked strong and if he skates like this more often he looks pretty good opposite of Folingo.
    Suter looked really slow and lumbering. Kept having to skate forward in neutral and d zone to keep up. That pairing with Dumba just doesn’t seem to work no matter how many times they try it.
    Talbot is like a trampoline. Makes the first stop but man alive his rebounds are atrocious. 2 goals were off there own players. So he was good enough to win.
    Brodin Rask Folingo all scored in regulation. If you put a dollar bet on that you would have gotten paid.
    Ice was terrible in LA.

Not sure if GIMRUIS saw the game but one timers won’t be an issue on the PP they probably had a dozen or more.

Side note talked to my tattoo guy and he can fit me in to get my KK97 tramp stamp tomorrow.

CaptainMusky

KK is terrible let’s trade him. Holy crap! This kid! Wow wow wow.

JoeMX1825
    MN

1st game, so good and bad can easily change next game.

The good:
    Kaprizov is legit, best player on the ice by far
    Fiala was Fiala, but needs to play with more skilled players
    Our 3rd line played awesome
    Dumba looked good
    Talbot looked solid, 2 goals went off Wild players
    Rask looked like a NHL player

The bad:
    Our Center need is painfully obvious
    I think we only won 1 draw on the pp all night
    Johansson and Bjugstad looked slow and lazy
    Suter looked slow and disinterested

Ripjiggen

And there is not much on that second PP unit.

Didn’t mention Johansson because honestly didn’t notice him out there.

Billy whiteshoes

I don’t post here much… but I came here for the post game analysis. Haha. The kid is pretty good!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Man, really wish I could get the games to see the kid play. Game re-cap is ok for now I guess. KK97 looked great from the few minutes of video I got to watch this morning. Just think, at 3pts a game in a full 82 game season, he’d blow by Gretzky with 31 more points for all time pts in a season! shock I know this is only theoretical, but dang! The kid is good!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I don’t post here much… but I came here for the post game analysis. Haha. The kid is pretty good!

Me too! More so for the current events around the league. A few of you are pretty knowledgeable on what’s going on around the league. I appreciate all of your inputs! waytogo

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Krill the Thrill is real. That’s all the people needed to know.

It’s just 1 game, but could he have been UNDER HYPED?

Has that ever happened in Minnesota sports history? I mean only taking into account the period from the rise of the ancient Pheonecians to the present day.

Grouse

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Krill the Thrill is real. That’s all the people needed to know

Lol that was pretty funny, I think he already has his new anointed nick name.

Krill the Thrill

tswoboda

Lol that was pretty funny, I think he already has his new anointed nick name.

Krill the Thrill

Kappy. And this video just makes me chuckle. What a debut!

The wild could actually have a really complete team this year if only they had someone to fill that gaping #1C hole… Staal was noticeably missed last night!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Just saw the highlights and he is quick and agile.

tswoboda

When Fiala has the puck it looks like he is way faster than everyone else. When Kaprizov has the puck it looks like everyone else is slower than him. I’m not sure if that makes sense but it seemed like he always had tons of time and space and was really under control of what was happening on the ice. Whereas Fiala always looks like he is going 1000 miles an hour and straight to the net. Both dynamic players, but in different ways. Kaprizov is waaayyy better than I was expecting.

Few other notes:
    Bonino is exactly who I expected, and that’s a good thing.
    Bjugstad and Mojo were disappointments, especially Mojo but that’s just because I was expecting Bjugstad to be bad. Mojo was a turnover machine and just looked really soft.
    The GEEF line was a problem for LA, I think they played every shift in the O-zone and drew like 4 penalties.
    The wild as a team played heavy, lots of finished checks and guys using their size advantage.
    The neutral zone was wide open for LA, and we’re not used to seeing that from the Wild. I’m not sure why but LA players always seemed to be flying through the neutral zone unimpeded. That will lead to blowouts against high flying teams like COL and VGK.
    Powerplay looked good, had no problem getting set up and the puck movement was better than I’ve ever seen from this team.
    How many powerplays started with a lost draw and an icing, I think it was all of them. That’s a problem.
    Drew Doughty officially sucks at hockey – and that makes me smile.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.