2021 MN Vikings Thread

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I believe the vikes were up 24-10 when that asst coach pushed the raven RB off the sidelines and vikes get a 15 yard bonehead penalty. chased Pretty much knew it was over right there.

Three and out in OT after a turn over??? WTF?

-J.

JEREMY
    BP

I was ready to stop watching after that bogus horse collar tackle penalty on the ravins first drive.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Pitiful offensive performance. Just embarrassing. Klint Kubiak has no business running an offense. x4 Once again! Some highlights were Dalvin having 90 yards in the first quarter and finishing with 124, 3 takeaways (including OT!!!) and a Kick Return TD, you almost have to try to lose that one.

AnotherFisherman

Kick Return TD, Fake Punt, Anthony Barr making a splash play… All three are rare occurrences and the Vikes still managed to blow it. That may have been the dagger for me on the season.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!

Say it with me now!

Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!

bclii
    MN/AZ

Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!

Say it with me now!

Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!
    Fire Mike Zimmer!

And have him take the salesman across town with him!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The only good thing about this season is I believe it will be the end for Zimmer. It better be anyway. They really need to blow up the whole coaching staff and start over. There is far to much talent on this team to have the record they have. They just have no killer instinct and can not finish anyone off when they get the chance. Looking forward to Cousins contract coming to a end as well. He’s about as Mobil as the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz ( Before they oiled him up )

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same old Vikings
    Same old Vikings
    Same old Vikings

Why would anyone expect anything different?

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I am not on the fire Zimmer bandwagon. He is too good a coach and has too much equity with me. He has proven he can win playoff games on the road, which signals that he is a coach who can take a team to the Super Bowl and win. Last season was a failure because of injuries. I thought Hunter going down again might mean a shipwreck for the pass rush, but they got after Jackson pretty good. A less freakishly athletic QB would have been seriously hurting on Sunday. If the team continues to scratch and claw and not give up, wins will come; they will probably make the playoffs. I wouldn’t put it past Zimmer to pull it off. If he loses the locker room and the team implodes, I may reluctantly get on the bandwagon, but I don’t expect that. We almost got the win in Baltimore, and they were coming off their bye week. That counts for quite a bit by my reckoning. The team is frustrated and, therefore, dangerous. I will be surprised if the Offense lays another egg this week.

JEREMY
    BP

Scoring 31 points is laying an egg. You should win every damn time you score that much. Zimmer sucks. Everyone says the team has no finish the other team off instinct and to much talent to be where they are. Time for Zimmer to take a walk and hopefully take twins manager with him.

CaptainMusky

SHeesh, now add the Dalvin Cook thing into the fray this isnt going to be a fun ride.
    All sorts of allegations from both sides. Sounds like he has a couple witnesses who can corroborate his story, but not really hers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well this team finally put together a solid performance for an entire game and beat a team with a record above .500. Being aggressive late in the game to convert and earn a 1st down to salt the game away instead of being conservative is what they should have been doing all season.

At 4-5, they aren’t going anywhere this season. But you can literally look at every single game this season and all of them except for one has been a win or loss within one possession. They could be 9-0 and they also could be 1-8.

Next up is a home date with the rivals from the east, Green Bay.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Being aggressive late in the game to convert and earn a 1st down to salt the game away instead of being conservative is what they should have been doing all season.

X2

Pretty sad it 8 games to figure it out. Especially when you’ve been the head coach for 6 years already.

Pretty hard to get excited about the win coffee

Justin Jefferson is legit though

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m a big believer in you are what the record says you are, and they are a sub .500 team. I think they have the skill players and defense to improve drastically, but a big part is consistency and they have none as evidenced by being in 1 score games with everyone. That Chargers team is legit, so that’s a nice road W, but agree with most of you tough to get excited with all the disappointments they’ve already provided this year. Also, Kubiak still has no business operating an offense, they give away SOOO many possessions it’s embarrassing.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think we can only hope to see a different team if they continue to stay with the aggressive play calling. When you have that many big weapons you have to be willing to trust them to make the plays and that’s what happened yesterday.

That being said, I have no faith that Zimmer or Kubiak will stick with it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Vikes stink.
    So they get a WC birth, that just means the’re pulling the band aid off slow.
    Been a fan for 50 years and I’m starting to think I won’t see them hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Vikes stink.
    So they get a WC birth, that just means the’re pulling the band aid off slow.
    Been a fan for 50 years and I’m starting to think I won’t see them hoist the Lombardi Brady trophy.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Tomorrow’s game is for the Vikings season. I am not optimistic about a Vikings win. I can see the Packers D shutting down Kubiak’s offense just like so many other teams have done this season. I hope I am wrong, but that is what I see happening.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If they start Bradbury it’s over. Funny how there hasn’t been any guys in Cousin’s lap right after the snap over the last two games.

I think we will either win by a fg or lose by a fg.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

It’s a bad day to be a vikings fan.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

If they start Bradbury it’s over. Funny how there hasn’t been any guys in Cousin’s lap right after the snap over the last two games.

I think we will either win by a fg or lose by a fg.

looks like cole started at center!!!!!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

All they do is disappoint.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

now that’s the cousins we all know. 2 minutes left…..tie game…. INTERCEPTION………

thank you ref!!!!!!!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Most entertaining game they have played in a longggg time.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I can’t believe it!

B-man

Packers are losers

Of the game yes

But they lost a sprint in a marathon waytogo

Still a lot of football to play

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.