2021 MN Vikings Thread

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Sounds like Dak will be out Sunday, and Cooper Rush is his backup. Going to be interesting to see how the Vikes find a way to keep this one close!

The line in vegas went from favoring Dallas by 2.5 to favoring the Vikings by 1.5 after the rumor started he may not be playing.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>
    Anyone else have DISH?

Game on Sunday is on KARE11 I believe and currently due to some dispute KARE11 has been removed from DISH.

Yep, we’ve also got an antenna that will pickup the game.

I’m in the same predicament. But I think kmsp channel 9 usually carries the Vikings. I haven’t looked into it yet though.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I think it was Paul Allen that said the line moved very shortly after Cowboys practice when injury information would’ve become available.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AnotherFisherman wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>
    Anyone else have DISH?

Game on Sunday is on KARE11 I believe and currently due to some dispute KARE11 has been removed from DISH.

Yep, we’ve also got an antenna that will pickup the game.

I’m in the same predicament. But I think kmsp channel 9 usually carries the Vikings. I haven’t looked into it yet though.

Yeah, usually 9 will carry it if it’s on ESPN or NFL Network I think. Not sure if they would carry it if it’s on a competing local station. I hope so!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fox cannot carry the game if nbc already is. If you don’t get nbc with dish at this time, I’m afraid you aren’t going to get it on Sunday either.

I ran into this problem last fall with direct tv. There was about a 3 week dispute with nbc/kare 11 and I didn’t get that channel the whole time, which included Sunday night football. I streamed it on the nbc app instead on my laptop which was choppy and unreliable. Eventually the dispute got settled and I got nbc again.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Sounds like Dak will be out Sunday, and Cooper Rush is his backup. Going to be interesting to see how the Vikes find a way to keep this one close!

The line in vegas went from favoring Dallas by 2.5 to favoring the Vikings by 1.5 after the rumor started he may not be playing.

sounds like this cooper rush has been taking first string snaps all week……

i’ve seen in the past what backup QB’s do to the vikings…….. whistling doah

AnotherFisherman

Is it time to retire this thread?

Brutal game last night.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Pitiful offensive performance. Just embarrassing. Klint Kubiak has no business running an offense, and my main complaint with Kirk is he plays like middle management, instead of an owner. If they send in a crappy play call, he runs it. If you watch the elite QB’s, Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes, if they get a bad call in they change out of it, or call something else in the huddle. Nepotism rarely leads to ultimate success and the Vikings are full of Daddy’s kids coaching the team.

Still true! coffee flame

More true than ever!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It’s almost hard to put into words. Yes Dallas is a very good team, but at home against a back-up quarterback… a FIRST-EVER NFL start! To lose is simply unacceptable. In the words of Chris Collinsworth “is a bit of a train wreck for the Vikings”

Like Werm said, bottom line is the same. They don’t play to win, they play not to lose.

I put that on the head coach.
    #Fire Zimmer!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Vikings have talent. Are they a Super Bowl type roster? – Probably not. Should they be a Wildcard team in the NFC? Yes.

The disconnect comes at a few key places. First, they never ever seem to make adjustments. I’ve seen them utilize the same game plan on both sides of the ball whether they’re up by multiple scores, tied, or behind. Offensively the Bradbury experiment has to be over. That guy snaps the ball and immediately goes backwards. He’s just not physically strong enough or plays with poor leverage to the point where he’s the first obstacle on a lot of their outside zone runs. Harrison Smith used to be an all-pro caliber guy, but as he loses a step (and is still very good), he’s not going to absolutely plaster guys down the field in coverage bailing out poor Corner play. Peterson is definitely missed. Without him that secondary isn’t going to cover for long if the pass rush doesn’t get home. Kirk has talent. I’m not one of the people that thinks he is the biggest issue. The problem with him though is that he doesn’t seem to really push the ball down the field or challenge the play calling. You can see from a couch at home when QBs don’t like calls, audible to match the scheme they uncover after motion, etc and Kirk just seems to nod his head and stick with the original call at all costs. In the few instances where Kirk has been cut loose more, he has shown he can put up points given the weapons he has.

This is still a playoff team with the new expanded field. Given all their struggles they are still currently the 8th best team in the NFC by record…just behind the Panthers who have a ton of health issues and even rumors about trading McCaffrey. I think the Vikings earn the 6 or 7 seed and head to Lambeau, TB, or LA to start the playoffs.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Kinda reminded me of the game a few weeks ago against the Browns. Came out hot out of the gate and then middling offense the rest of the way while the other team slowly chips away.

I don’t really know what the primary problem is anymore. Lack of killer instinct? They’re basically in every game they play and it comes down to the end on whether they win or lose.

I might tend to agree with Lindy now. I think its coaching. Not just the head coach, but also the offensive play calling.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

its a given…..national TV backup QB there up against they will lose!!!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

can we fire Zimmer already!!!!! Im done with this guy

lindyrig79

How many times last night did they have a chance to put the game away? Lots! They just won’t do it. Conservative play calling and more than happy to punt it away and let the defense “keep them in the game”. That’s on the coaches.

lindyrig79

The cherry on top… Zimmer admits this morning that he “forgot he called” that timeout at the end of the game and then called a 2nd timeout consecutively. Which resulted in a penalty taking it from 3rd and 16 to 3rd and 11. Which Dallas then got the first down.

Disaster.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The cherry on top… Zimmer admits this morning that he “forgot he called” that timeout at the end of the game and then called a 2nd timeout consecutively. Which resulted in a penalty taking it from 3rd and 16 to 3rd and 11. Which Dallas then got the first down.

Disaster.

Okay, but per the “rules analyst” on NBC last night when this happens the refs in MOST CASES just ignore the 2nd call. Vikes had plenty of other issues but giving half the distance for a truly unnecessary penalty didn’t help anything.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I think firing a coach during the season is a dumb move in the NFL. Would the team really change much? I think it would do more damage than good.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I think firing a coach during the season is a dumb move in the NFL. Would the team really change much? I think it would do more damage than good.

Depends on the way you look at it. if the team responds well it could set the team up better for the offseason where our own free agents would be more willing to stay and outside free agents may be more willing to come here. If the team just sputters toward the finish line and finishes mediocre then why would some of our own guys want to stick around to play for Zimmer….

In general i agree that changing coaches mid season isnt a great solution but its clear things need to change and when youve identified that why wait? rip off the bandaid and get to work changing now

glenn57
    cold spring mn

If they fire Zimmer, that kubiak best be right behind him.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

There are 10 games left. Screw it. Time to start the rebuild!

-J.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Vikings shoot themselves in the foot so often, they must be out of toes already. Maybe the NFL wants this team to be a bumbling, fumbling, dumb team just for the sheer entertainment value.

You just can’t make some of this up, back to back timeouts?? Not taking a timeout at at end of the first, constantly throwing 5 yards short of the first down maker. It’s like watching a train wreck, you watch just to see what can possible happen.

It really make for good talk radio after a loss

Bottom line, Ziggy is still banking money, which is what its all about

stout93
    Becker MN

Just inexcusable. Vikes coming out of a bye, at home and going against an undrafted free agent QB making his first NFL start. If you’re any team worth it’s weight, you win that game 99% of the time. I guess maybe this was the 1%..

But, I think this was the last straw for Zimmer and Spielman. They need to gut it and start over with a rebuild and start by doing whatever it takes to draft a top tier QB, only problem is the 2022 draft has a serious lack of QB talent.

lindyrig79

Zimmer should have been fired last year (if not the year before) and they should have drafted a QB this Spring. Just a clueless organization.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Blow it up today! Tank the rest of the season and find a talented GM to start fresh with some top draft pics. With any luck the Lions can win 3 games and we can get 1st overall in the draft!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I have changed my mind about Kubiak. It is clear to me he is not up to the job, just as “Flip” wasn’t up to the job. I think the Offense is the team’s biggest weakness, and it isn’t even close, although the injury to Hunter might close that gap quite a bit. The D made plenty of plays last night, the O not so much, just terrible play-calling and execution. They didn’t have answers and effective wrinkles with an extra week of preparation make it obvious. Our Offensive talent is too good to keep having the door slammed in their face like that. Kubiak got badly outcoached by the Dallas DC. It was the same thing against the Browns. All the other games were draws.

In hindsight, I think there is a possible solution to this problem. NFL teams could have redundancy for unproven individuals. The Vikings kind of had that with “Flip” and Stefanski; they just waited too long to give Flip the ax. Now it is possible that the backup person isn’t any better, but what do you have to lose at that point if your number one is failing. A slight improvement in Offensive efficiency for this team might have made a world of difference last night.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Seems to me there is some long (50 + years) embedded culture there that allows these players to be more concerned about their contracts/stats/social media/and celebration dance than actually playing together as a winning team. Until that is fixed, the Viking “Curse” will never go away. I watched this same game played over and over and over. It just never ends. Win games they should lose, lose games they should win.

-J.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have changed my mind about Kubiak. It is clear to me he is not up to the job, just as “Flip” wasn’t up to the job. I think the Offense is the team’s biggest weakness, and it isn’t even close, although the injury to Hunter might close that gap quite a bit. The D made plenty of plays last night, the O not so much, just terrible play-calling and execution. They didn’t have answers and effective wrinkles with an extra week of preparation make it obvious. Our Offensive talent is too good to keep having the door slammed in their face like that. Kubiak got badly outcoached by the Dallas DC. It was the same thing against the Browns.

I think so too. Generally though, when a team is performing at a very high level on offense or defense, that coach is often considered and/or hired as a head coach on another team. Kevin Stefanski comes to mind recently. Granted, Zimmer himself is kind of in charge of the defense so there’s really no coach on that side of the ball to lose. If the defense sucks, its really just his fault. Like last year.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Pitiful offensive performance. Just embarrassing. Klint Kubiak has no business running an offense, and my main complaint with Kirk is he plays like middle management, instead of an owner. If they send in a crappy play call, he runs it. If you watch the elite QB’s, Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes, if they get a bad call in they change out of it, or call something else in the huddle. Nepotism rarely leads to ultimate success and the Vikings are full of Daddy’s kids coaching the team.

Still true! coffee flame

More true than ever!

X3……..national spot light..backup QB…….seen it coming a mile away!!!!!!!! whistling doah

Sylvanboat

I’m from Chicago. So I feel your pain. We would trade you Matt Nagy for a couple of footballs. If that’s too expensive I will throw in Ryan Pace AND the entire McCaskey family. If it’s still too expensive I will throw in Ted Phillips AND Lori Lightfoot.

lindyrig79

Guess not much is needed to say this week coffee

If you are a Vikings fan, you just knew they would blow the lead and somehow lose. Barr handed them the victory in OT and the Vikings couldn’t do anything with it.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.