2021 MN Vikings Thread

• Anonymous
    Inactive

This is what good teams do, take a 0 win team and beat them, don’t even give them a chance, put them away early!!!

Oops, sorry, wrong thread chased

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Pitiful offensive performance. Just embarrassing. Klint Kubiak has no business running an offense, and my main complaint with Kirk is he plays like middle management, instead of an owner. If they send in a crappy play call, he runs it. If you watch the elite QB’s, Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes, if they get a bad call in they change out of it, or call something else in the huddle. Nepotism rarely leads to ultimate success and the Vikings are full of Daddy’s kids coaching the team.

Still true! coffee flame

Umy
    South Metro

I have not laughed that hard in a while. Let’s give the ball to…. Mattison, Mattison, Mattison ……( I know probably trying to chew clock) but seriously?! Not real hard to defend against. We have lots of other talent – let’s use em.
    Give up TD, allow 2 point conversion….. I watched the last 10 minutes of the game after getting back frown fishing and visiting my mom.
    Like i told her “better lucky than good” !!!
    At least we’re not Detroit fans

BigWerm
    SW Metro

How about that Breeland guy, tho? sleeping

He’s just brutal, and got absolutely trucked by Deandre Swift near the end of the game.

CaptainMusky

What did you guys think of the Kirk and Zimmer “celebration” after the game on the sideline? To me it almost looked like COusins was pissed at Zimmer, but its hard to tell. Twitter is sure blowing up about it making more out of it than I think needs to be as always.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What did you guys think of the Kirk and Zimmer “celebration” after the game on the sideline? To me it almost looked like COusins was pissed at Zimmer, but its hard to tell. Twitter is sure blowing up about it making more out of it than I think needs to be as always.

Much ado about nothing. If I were to guess out of the blue (aka Twitter take), I’d say they were talking smack, Cousins was saying there you go I got you a W, and Zim was saying score a second half TD and then we can talk.

CaptainMusky

I agree. Zimmer said in his press conference that he has been telling Cousins he needs to be more vocal and competitive and that was Kirk’s response. It almost looked like they were pissed at each other for a minute though LOL

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yet another game decided by a kick.

This seems to happen every freaking week

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Yet another game decided by a kick.

This seems to happen every freaking week

It’s been crazy, the last two minutes are a free for all.

Ripjiggen

Or decided by not kicking😳

ThunderLund78

Another win we can all be embarrassed about. Letting Sam Darnold and a completely gutless Carolina offense march 97 yards down the field and then make a 2pt conversion to tie seem effortless (something that we failed to do TWICE even with all the “weapons” we have) and then ONCE AGAIN blow a kick that would’ve avoided overtime. Credit where credit is due, it was a great and decisive drive to put it away early in OT, but we should’ve never been there in the first place.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

but we should’ve never been there in the first place.

I agree. Its almost like they play better when they are losing. They have become SO conservative and predictable with the lead. Hand off Cook, hand off Cook, toss to Cook, punt. Just trying to kill the clock with an ultra conservative approach.

Next up is a bye week and then its Dallas, Baltimore, LA Chargers, and Green Bay. Those teams have a combined record of 19-5. YIKES

BigWerm
    SW Metro

After the Bengals loss and Lions near loss this team doesn’t deserve any accolades, even tho the Bengals look better than anticipated. Zimmer has always been a terrible end of game/half coach, he goes prevent and lets anyone walk down the field. And on offense there’s dozens of examples of them kneeling on it to go into half or try and ice it at the end. Unless this team gets MUCH more consistent on offense, and shows some improvement, particularly against the run, on defense they aren’t going anywhere.

Now if I drink some of this purple kool-aid, and put on my purple sunglasses, the Panthers Defense is one of the best in the league and that was the best offensive performance against them all year. Our defense has shown signs of VAST improvement thus far, heck even Breeland got a pick this weekend, and they are getting healthy so hopefully we haven’t seen their best yet. Ok now back to reality, wildcard at best…

CaptainMusky

I agree. Its almost like they play better when they are losing. They have become SO conservative and predictable with the lead. Hand off Cook, hand off Cook, toss to Cook, punt. Just trying to kill the clock with an ultra conservative approach.

I made the comment to my son yesterday that the Vikings go into “prevent offense” mode when they have a lead.
    The defense has really turned it around. Not great against the run, but they are like #3 against the pass which they were horrible early on. Since then much improved.

ThunderLund78

Next up is a bye week and then its Dallas, Baltimore, LA Chargers, and Green Bay. Those teams have a combined record of 19-5. YIKES

Oh man, can you imagine what multi-dimensional super-freak Lamar Jackson is going to do to our defense?? I will be HAPPILY starting him in FF that week.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Patrick Peterson is on IR for at least 3 weeks with a hamstring injury…. doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Oh man, can you imagine what multi-dimensional super-freak Lamar Jackson is going to do to our defense??

Probably will be more like a video game.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

For the 100th time… Fire Zimmer!!!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

That is the best they have played this year by far s.k.o.l.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That is the best they have played this year by far s.k.o.l.

x2 always love a bye week! rotflol Bears are done until they get some semblance of a professional OLine, tbd if Fields gets gun shy in the process.

Beast

If I remember right, MN had 2 first round draft picks ahead of Green Bay in 2005, and pasted on Rodgers twice. whistling

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If I remember right, MN had 2 first round draft picks ahead of Green Bay in 2005, and pasted on Rodgers twice. whistling

What’s your point? Every team passed on Tom Brady when he was drafted, including the Packers.

Dan
    Southeast MN

yeah that was out of nowhere.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That is one of the dumber takes out there, Rodgers was drafted in 2005 when the Vikings had Daunte Culpepper coming off his best year throwing for 4700 yards and 39 TD’s. Culpepper would have been the MVP if Manning didn’t also have one of his best years ever.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

What’s your point? Every team passed on Tom Brady when he was drafted, including the Packers.

My point, reading this thread I see the calling for the firing of everyone in control of the team, seems bad decisions have been going on for sometime, even before the current administration.

stout93
    Becker MN

Anyone else have DISH?

Game on Sunday is on KARE11 I believe and currently due to some dispute KARE11 has been removed from DISH.

AnotherFisherman

Anyone else have DISH?

Game on Sunday is on KARE11 I believe and currently due to some dispute KARE11 has been removed from DISH.

Yep, we’ve also got an antenna that will pickup the game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My point, reading this thread I see the calling for the firing of everyone in control of the team, seems bad decisions have been going on for sometime, even before the current administration.

Ok well then post it like that in first place. Don’t just show up trolling with a random quote about the Packers that doesn’t fit the thread.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sounds like Dak will be out Sunday, and Cooper Rush is his backup. Going to be interesting to see how the Vikes find a way to keep this one close!

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.