2021 MN Vikings Thread

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    Terrible game against the Browns. I don’t know how you March down the field opening drive and then go ice cold the entire game after that. They couldn’t do anything.

Stefanski beat Zimmer plain and simple.

Not defending Zimmer here but the browns do have a lot more talent then we do. They are the superior football team and they should have won the game. It would have been an upset if we had won.

You could say the same thing about the Browns before Stenfanski arrived. Coaching matters.

Also, we have the same level of talent, if not more talent on offense, except for the line. Yet it was our offense that sputtered

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It came down to the O Line sucking like always. Kirk didn’t have a chance and they didn’t call quick slants like they did last week.

We are close to a dumpster fire but we were also close to beating 3 really good teams and had two of them beat.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Pitiful offensive performance. Just embarrassing. Klint Kubiak has no business running an offense, and my main complaint with Kirk is he plays like middle management, instead of an owner. If they send in a crappy play call, he runs it. If you watch the elite QB’s, Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes, if they get a bad call in they change out of it, or call something else in the huddle. Nepotism rarely leads to ultimate success and the Vikings are full of Daddy’s kids coaching the team.

On a positive note, that’s a solid offense they held to 14 points. Darrisaw is healthy and hopefully replacing Rashod Hill asap. And I still think there’s a small chance they continue to improve and end up being competitive, but I’ll be enjoying my Sundays elsewhere until that happens.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I can’t believe just how physically manhandled our o-line gets…Bradbury routinely gets lifted up and thrown backwards pretty much every play…we just don’t have the beef to survive giving Kirk any time to throw the ball…

lindyrig79

Cleveland has a superior offensive line, no doubt. But they basically had the same group of guys with Freddie Kitchens as head coach and they were also a dumpster fire then.

Bottom line is Vikings are full of shoulda coulda woulda for years now. And that falls on head coach.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Be positive. We’re 3 plays away from 4-0. devil

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

OUCH! Now I know what “Truth Hurts” really means. bawling rotflol rotflol

Bottom line is Vikings are full of shoulda coulda woulda for 60 years now.

There, I fixed it for you. devil

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I can’t believe just how physically manhandled our o-line gets

Miles Garrett was abusing Rashod Hill the entire game. He was literally just pushing Hill backwards on almost every snap and the entire pocket would collapse. And they never blitzed either. They were able to make that happen with 4 defensive lineman all game.

That being said, the defense did its job. If you give up 14 points at home, you should win. Not like Baker looked any good either. He was like 15 for 35 passing and 150 yards.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just don’t comprehend how long it will take for Vikings executives to realize that a patchwork offensive line is the quickest way to take wins away from a team.

Teams do not have to be perfect in every facet of the game, but if you have a below average offensive line that gets manhandled it’s almost impossible to have long-term success. The rules downfield make it tough to defend against the pass. The best way to clearly defend against the pass is to squeeze the pocket while making the quarterback go through multiple reads. Slow down the run just enough and take away the quick hitters in the passing game against the Vikings and let their offensive line collapse on top of Cousins. That blueprint has been the calling card for beating the Purple for quite a few years now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I just don’t comprehend how long it will take until the Vikings executives figure out that a patchwork offensive line is the quickest way to take wins away from a team.

Pretty sure they understand that, and this line is not patchwork. It’s also not as terrible as past years, although still not great obviously. Soon they will be starting Darrisaw (Round 1 2021 draft), Ezra Cleveland (Rd 2 2020), Bradbury (Rd 1 2019), Udoh (2019 6th round) or Wyatt Davis (Rd 3 2021), and Brian O’Neill (Rd 2 2018). I’d argue a good OL is probably the 2nd hardest thing to find and maintain in the NFL after a franchise QB, and we haven’t been able to do either for most of my life.

Umy
    South Metro

I am not a football guru and basically watch only if the lawn is already mowed and the repeat showing of “where Eagles Dare” is over but……. we have no protection for Cousins. I think he has skill but has ZERO time to do anything. I can’t remember far enough back when we had a decent Offensive line and Kirk does NOT move like Fran.
    I agree with Gimrius, Baker was not lighting it up and we held them to 14 points –

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    I just don’t comprehend how long it will take until the Vikings executives figure out that a patchwork offensive line is the quickest way to take wins away from a team.

Pretty sure they understand that, and this line is not patchwork. It’s also not as terrible as past years, although still not great obviously. Soon they will be starting Darrisaw (Round 1 2021 draft), Ezra Cleveland (Rd 2 2020), Bradbury (Rd 1 2019), Udoh (2019 6th round) or Wyatt Davis (Rd 3 2021), and Brian O’Neill (Rd 2 2018). I’d argue a good OL is probably the 2nd hardest thing to find and maintain in the NFL after a franchise QB, and we haven’t been able to do either for most of my life.

Bradbury sucks donkey balls. Cleveland and Udoh are just ‘guys’, every team has them. There’s no guarantee Darrisaw is going to perform. I’ll give you O’Neill.

JEREMY
    BP

The o-line looked good on the first series. What do you want a whole good game?

Ripjiggen

They looked good the prior two games. When they had a 122 and 126 QB rating.
    The problem is they are built to block a zone running scheme. If they don’t get that part of the game going they are not set up to straight pass block for 35 plus plays.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

That just highlights how bad the Vikings have been at drafting offensive linemen. Uff.

And maybe pump the brakes on Darrisaw being the savior until he has done it on sundays? Plenty of Vikings first-round offensive linemen have proven that draft position does not guarantee pro bowl type careers.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

just embarrassing. Klint Kubiak has no business running an offense,

This is why I think Zim has to go. I don’t know what he was thinking hiring Klint. The other team makes adjustments and Klint cannot. Look how many points the vikings have scored in the second half.

Nepotism rarely leads to ultimate success and the Vikings are full of Daddy’s kids coaching the team.

Point is spot on and is going to be the reason for Zim demise in MN.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

On one of the Vikes last plays Cleveland rushed 3 and still pressured Cousins. rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bottom line is Vikings are full of shoulda coulda woulda for 60 years now.

There, I fixed it for you. devil

Help me with my math, didn’t the Seattle Pilots become the Milwaukee Brewers in 1970? So they have won how many World Series in that time? Seems their are losers east of the river also.

Umy
    South Metro

On one of the Vikes last plays Cleveland rushed 3 and still pressured Cousins. rotflol

I pointed that out my wife – “they are rushing three and he’ll still get pressured or sacked”
    Could be worse, the lakes could be dried up

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Help me with my math, didn’t the Seattle Pilots become the Milwaukee Brewers in 1970? So they have won how many World Series in that time? Seems their are losers east of the river also.

*there

I think this is a weird pivot to a different sport in a Vikings football thread where everyone is complaining about how inept they are. I love a good dig, but please do better – the Brewers woes don’t even qualify as “coulda shoulda” which I suggest is what makes the Vikings history so damnably painful.

And anyway, at least you’ll always have the North Stars.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

[/quote]

That is true but only 20 brewer fans believe they will win a world series not like the thousand of viking fans at the beginning of each season.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Oh so now it’s our fault the Brewers only have 20 fans?!? I got Bob Uecker, but who are the other 19? chased jester

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I got Bob Uecker, but who are the other 19? chased jester

applause

Front Row Amy?

Homepage

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I see Joseph’s sweetspot is from 53+!

Crosby’s having a tough afternoon.

dirtywater

I see Joseph’s sweetspot is from 53+!

Crosby’s having a tough afternoon.

He just misses them all at once apparently. Still came away with the game-winner when it counted and now he can go make another 25 in a row I guess.

lindyrig79

They BARELY beat the Lions, at home. Not impressed coffee

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

They BARELY beat the Lions, at home. Not impressed coffee

Yup. I think it’s time to pack the lawn chair away

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The Vikes got complacent, believing they had won the game when there was still plenty of time left. Thankfully, Kirk and the kicker came through, and it didn’t bite them in the end.

The D is noticeably improving each game. Zim and Kubiak need to get these offensive issues figured out, stat! Next week’s game is a must-win as well.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.