2021 MN Vikings Thread

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This is mainly why I think Rodgers either retires completely, stays in GB, or forces his way to another NFC team. Him going to the Broncos or any AFC team as everyone brings up just drags him into a tough schedule and a tough path through the playoffs.

or #4
    Comes and plays for the Purple.

Really? You just got rid of one diva and now you want a worse one? You a glutton for punishment me boy! jester rotflol

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

This is mainly why I think Rodgers either retires completely, stays in GB, or forces his way to another NFC team. Him going to the Broncos or any AFC team as everyone brings up just drags him into a tough schedule and a tough path through the playoffs.

or #4
    Comes and plays for the Purple.

Way to hedge your bets EPG!

Rodgers is a first ballot HOFer no doubt but he’s mediocre in the postseason for whatever reason. If not for beating a Joe Webb led vikes team he’d be at roughly .500.

Justin Donson

This is also why I don’t think the Vikings are going to rebuild, rather run back the almost identical roster. This should be the easiest guaranteed playoff berth they have ever had.

I’m beginning to be more okay with that prospect, again depending on what Rodgers does. But I’d rather not mortgage the future entirely to try to make this our ‘window’. Because as it stands, this ‘window’ is probably like 1-2 years, with still a couple clear NFC teams that are deeper than we are. I hope the GM sees the Vikings for what they are right now. Probably a top 1/2 or top 1/3 team in the NFL talent wise, but probably bottom 1/3 when it comes to youth/contracts/cap situation.

Then go to the AFC and it’s like, dang, a lot of really good young QBs in the AFC right now. And a lot more complete teams.

CaptainMusky

Man are people losing their minds over the Vikings not hiring Harbough (on Twitter). For some reason they think it was some slam dunk to be relevant and now are saying we are going to tank and a full roster turnover.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Man are people losing their minds over the Vikings not hiring Harbough (on Twitter).

I gotta follow you on Twitter! Twitter doesn’t get talked about on this site much but I love it for quick news. Like it or not, in cases like the Vikes coach hiring, Twitter is going to have news the fastest.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Man are people losing their minds over the Vikings not hiring Harbough (on Twitter).

I gotta follow you on Twitter! Twitter doesn’t get talked about on this site much but I love it for quick news. Like it or not, in cases like the Vikes coach hiring, Twitter is going to have news the fastest.

I’ve been kicking around joining it but I still think FB is contributing to the downfall of society!

I’m glad Harbaugh’s not coming here, I just don’t care for the guy. I’m gonna speculate here, mainly to p.o. Dutch, but I think he wanted a bigger part of football operations than the Vikes were willing to give him with a new GM coming.

My expectations are fairly low. I’d be happy to see an OC stay here for two years. I think they’ve had like 7 in as many years.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ummm, can’t urine off Dutch, I don’t like the guy. grin Mighta, maybe woulda taken Mr. Smoke & Mirrors over him. doah Naw, just kidding. jester

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Ummm, can’t urine off Dutch, I don’t like the guy. grin Mighta, maybe woulda taken Mr. Smoke & Mirrors over him. doah Naw, just kidding. jester

rotflol

Brittman

Vikings more recent draft picks have not helped them much especially at CB. Gladney and Hughes (seemed to be serviceable with Chiefs) were #1s in 20 and 18.

toddrun

On the CB’s, Zimmer was supposed to be a CB wizard. So I think those picks are on him.

But interesting that Zimmer’s 30-something supermodel girlfriend blew up yesterday and stated Zim and Spiellman didn’t have a conversation the last 3 months of the season. WOW! Dysfunction at its best, and rumors are leaking out the locker room was a mess.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nothing surprising there. Zimmers ship was on fire and he needed somebody to blame it on. Why not the guy who brought the players in. Couldn’t be the lack of the staffs ability to coach them up. Spielman was feeling the heat. He provided excellent players to Zimmer but he couldn’t get them coached up.Blah, Blah, Blah.

Both gone a few years to late.

BTW, IMO taking anything said by the girlfriend or Paul Allen might not be the best sources for news. Both are relying on somebody for the food on their table.

My biggest regret living up here is I don’t get the Paul Allen excuses for the Viking failures. BOOM!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My biggest regret living up here is I don’t get the Paul Allen excuses for the Viking failures. BOOM!!

Get the iHeart app, and you can listen to his show AND his podcast for that Duckies and Bunnies life!

Viewing 12 posts - 721 through 732 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.