2021 MN Vikings Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

So, your main complaint is McDaniels worked for Belichek? And that Brady did his own game planning. And that the Patriots paid him $4 million a year to hold the clip board.

Got it.

Winning????? Josh McDanials record as a NFL coach 11-17

yeah thats what i said……got it

Harbaugh 44-19

I’ll take a winner

Hey

Pretty big tell that he’s flying to MN tomorrow.

Its national signing day.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Its national signing day.

Right. In my opinion, if the reality was he was flying to interview for a job he was just hoping they’d hire him for, he wouldn’t .be skipping town on signing day because he might need those signees if he’s not hired. I’d guess it’s his job if he wants it.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Sounding like the Harbaugh deal could be a reality

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope not, just what they need is another coach with an ego the size of a greyhound bus. Isn’t that why they got rid of Zimmer?

toddrun

I guess I can start packing my Vikings gear up in a Goodwill box……

Maybe Stephen Ross will need them after this lawsuit. Honestly, he paid Flores $100k a game that he lost in 2016 to tank, WTF!!! Ross is going down big time.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It’s khakis time!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

They got rid of Zimmer because he was a defensive minded coach with a terrible defense and revolving door at OC.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They got rid of Zimmer because he was a defensive minded coach with a terrible defense and revolving door at OC.

I was willing to give Zimmer one more “prove it” season but I am guessing they had a minimum standard set before the season started for him to keep his job, which he failed to achieve. You are right though, he is a defensive guru and the defense has been putrid the past 2 seasons.

NBC Sports is reporting that Harbaugh deal is all but done and that the visit today is simply a formality.

I’m gonna say its in the range of 4-5 year contract.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Miami was never in the picture imo, even before the Flores bombshell, they have a terrible owner, terrible facilities and a very questionable QB situation. KAM, the new GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah goes by KAM I guess, has a history with Harbaugh in San Fran, and the reason Harbaugh left SF was due to GM Trent Baalke. Trent Baalke is the Jags GM, that apparently is the reason Leftwich and other coaching candidates won’t go there. Harbaugh may have a huge ego (don’t they all?) but you don’t hear many former assistants or players with a bad word to say about him, and his NFL record speaks for itself.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Good hire for the Vikes. If Rodgers leaves, the Vikings should be a betting favorite for 10-12 wins due to the terrible division with none of the other 3 teams likely to contend.

My gut tells me with Harbaugh, they will roll back mostly the same roster and capitalize on the weak division. I’d think Hunter and Barr are probably gone, and Thielen will be approached about restructuring his deal as he’s substantially overpaid. Otherwise, this group will look fairly similar. Harbaugh being a superior coach to Zimmer and the spark of someone new should alone be enough to get them back to the playoffs.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’d think Hunter and Barr are probably gone, and Thielen will be approached about restructuring his deal as he’s substantially overpaid.

Barr and Theilen can both go. They’re both injury prone and past their prime, making way too much salary.

Hunter is the same way but I think he’s still in his prime if he’s healthy. Clearly one of the best defensive ends still playing. He needs to find a way to stay on the field for most of the season.

CaptainMusky

A guy that is really plugged in to Michigan football is saying this is far from a done deal with Harbaugh. There are a lot of hoops to get through and there is pressure within minority ownership of the Vikings to NOT hire Harbaugh. This person has ties to Michigan. So this could get interesting. I have no real opinion on whether he will be a good coach other than the fact if you wanted to move on from Zimmer isnt this like hiring an offensive minded Zimmer?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well there going to have to do it with a new OC……story says little kuby went to denver to be QB coach and passing coordinator.

personally i’d like to see Thelen stay….hunter too!!!!! he’s a beast.

i think Barr is outta here!!!!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Theilen has 24 tochdowns the past 2 seasons including 10 last year in just 13 games. with 67 catches he caught a touchdown on every 6.7 catches! hes older but i wouldnt say hes past his prime. I do agree with the overall sentiment though hes part of a handful of still productive but aging players on our roster. We are in a bit of a weird place IMO – we are built like a team to win now, with older players on high paying contracts but we dont seem to have enough talent or a complete enough team to actually win now. Maybe Harbaugh can change that

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A guy that is really plugged in to Michigan football is saying this is far from a done deal with Harbaugh.

Considering that its national signing day for college athletes, you’d think Harbaugh would be in Michigan if he was intending to continue to be their coach. I think its just a nice lavished up meal today for him and some contract signing.

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    So, your main complaint is McDaniels worked for Belichek? And that Brady did his own game planning. And that the Patriots paid him $4 million a year to hold the clip board.

Got it.

Winning????? Josh McDanials record as a NFL coach 11-17

yeah thats what i said……got it

Harbaugh 44-19

I’ll take a winner

Love it Eyeguy!!!

WinonaFishery

National signing day isn’t really a major event for power 5 schools. Majority of the 3-5 star athletes have already signed.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Any Harbaugh sightings at Manny’s today? Comon I know some of you high rollers are there tonight! If things went well Manny’s…..if not perhaps Pizza ranch?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Multiple tweet sources saying Harbaugh has informed Michigan he’s returning to coach them next season

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

New GM must’ve scared him away with all that analytics talk. Mostly kidding. I’m sure some will be happy about this. I’m not sure there’s a right answer in this group of candidates.

Ripjiggen

To me Harbaugh made little sense when the GM and owners came out and talked about a collaborative approach moving forward. He has more NFL coaching cred than the other candidates but who knows what they want. They sure don’t seem to be in a hurry one way or the other.
    Sounds like Harbaugh is the one that said no thanks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No reason to be in a hurry. The GM will handle the scouting dept for the draft and the front office handles contracts.

Coach coaches who shows up the first day of camp. A bit simplistic but they don’t need a coach right now.

Hey

To me Harbaugh made little sense when the GM and owners came out and talked about a collaborative approach moving forward. He has more NFL coaching cred than the other candidates but who knows what they want. They sure don’t seem to be in a hurry one way or the other.
    Sounds like Harbaugh is the one that said no thanks.

You think he just flew to MN today to leverage MI through his agent for a new contract? With full knowledge he would turn down the MN job? Kinda seems like that.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Sources saying they are zeroing on O’Connell. I like it

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Sad day in Vikings land, can’t say I’m surprised they let me down yet again

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Rookie GM and a rookie HC… what could possibly go wrong?😆

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Rookie GM and a rookie HC… what could possibly go wrong?😆

Been plenty of examples around the league of inexperienced coaches and GMs having success. Plenty of examples of people with lots of experience failing. Speilman and Zimmer being 2 of then. I’m not worried

Dan
    Southeast MN

O’Connell pretty much confirmed now.

Where the team goes from here is anyone’s guess. With the momentum and direction of a new coach they could improve immediately, or their personnel moves (or lack thereof) could see them having a down/rebuild year.

Between ownership, new GM, and new coach, they’ll have to decide what direction they want to go. They have some pretty good players in their prime and their offense provided something to go off last year. Like it or not in my opinion, if they still want to try and win now (or soon), they’re not going to get a better QB on the field than Cousins (contract is a different story).

If they keep Cousins they’ll likely lose several names they can’t afford, and who knows if replacement value will make them any better.

If they deal cousins (Tampa has a decent team that needs a QB now!) they might as well stick with a rebuild year and dump a lot of contracts.

With their lack of cap space and talented-but-expensive players in some spots, something’s gotta give.

MX1825

Announced on Big 10 network Harbaugh staying at Michigan!

Viewing 30 posts - 661 through 690 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.