2021 MN Vikings Thread

• toddrun

Remember, Vegas does not make odds based on who they think will win, its based on how they think the bets will be placed. They want to be as close to 50/50 as possible, among other factors.

As far as the Vikings, every post I read is based on FAN decisions. The Wilfs, they are making BUSINESS decisions. The current staff and players, is putting butts in the seats, and the Wilfs are making money. So not changes are needed.

Fan quit going to the games, then things will change, until then, get used to Mn Mediocrity.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Damn it feels good to be a Packer fan… for now at least haha

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Randball of the Star Tribune recently conducted a 1,000 fan survey of the following (after the blowout loss to Green Bay):

Of Cousins, Zimmer, and Spielman, you are told you have to keep one of them.

Here are the results:
    58.6% say keep Cousins
    27.6% say keep Spielman
    13.8% say keep Zimmer

Pretty clear results on this one. The fans have spoken.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Fans speak everyday concerning the Twins. That doesn’t seem to matter.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

All I know is If Zimmer and Spielman are back next year – Then they must have some kind of Ugly dirt on the owner. There is no way either of them deserve another season here or any place for that matter.
    If the owner keeps either of these inept Idiots around, Its really clear that he does not care if the Vikings are a winning team or not.

Or it’s a business decision since the owner’s just extended both of them and likely don’t want to pay them and their replacements at the same time. Plus the Cousins situation would be an interesting spot for a new regime to come into, have a $42 million QB on roster, and then tasked with finding his replacement in a year, or cut him and have a $20+ million cap hit to deal with. All while knowing you probably only have 3-5 years max to earn a contract extension.

Brad Dimond

I grew up a Vikings fan, lived diagonally across Cedar Avenue from Met Stadium as a kid. Stayed loyal for nearly 30 years, bailed on the club when they hired Denny Green rather than Tony Dungy. Green was a despicable human being, could not stomach him. I know the Dungy family a little bit through his brother, great guy and an outstanding coach.

My wife is from Milwaukee, we met in college in Wisconsin so becoming a Packer fan was an easy change. The timing was great as well, first year of the Brett Favre era. Prior to 1992 I would attend games at Lambeau Field in Vikings gear, I now wear a Jerry Kramer jersey.

It’s still good to be a Packer fan.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

bailed on the club when they hired Denny Green

Not a big fan of the Sheriff huh? Regardless of what you think of him Brad, he is the second most winningest coach in Vikings history behind Bud Grant.

Unfortunately, he’ll probably be remembered most for his post game news conference as Cardinals head coach after a Monday night game against the Bears. That’s definitely how I remember him. The Bears are who we thought they were.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m not a Denny fan in any way shape or form. Just a blowhard that was handed a great team.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

The “calcutta clipper” quote will always be the most epic vintage Denny Green!

He didn’t inherit a good team, he built it, and it culminated in 98 when he was gifted the greatest WR ever to play the game. Too bad they choked that year, too!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I was fishing the bass opener on Minnetonka when Denny used to have his tournament. I saw him in Tanager Lake and I think he had a guide with him in Denny’s white, purple and gold boat. Denny was running the bowmount and talking on his phone. He wasn’t paying attention and getting close to shore. He ran the trolling motor into the lake bottom and just went to the back of the boat (still on the phone) and let the guide deal with it. Hah! rotflol

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

at least Denny Green’s son turned out good…wait, wait, nevermind.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Besides Football what made Denny and his son so bad? Did a quick Wikipedia search and couldn’t find anything

big_g
    Isle, MN

I grew up a Vikings fan, lived diagonally across Cedar Avenue from Met Stadium as a kid. Stayed loyal for nearly 30 years, bailed on the club when they hired Denny Green rather than Tony Dungy. Green was a despicable human being, could not stomach him. I know the Dungy family a little bit through his brother, great guy and an outstanding coach.

My wife is from Milwaukee, we met in college in Wisconsin so becoming a Packer fan was an easy change. The timing was great as well, first year of the Brett Favre era. Prior to 1992 I would attend games at Lambeau Field in Vikings gear, I now wear a Jerry Kramer jersey.

Switching teams is called bandwagon jumping. I know one guy whos favorite pro teams are the Yankees, the Patriots, the Lakers… and he is Mn boy his whole life. Whatever floats one’s boat 😜

Brad Dimond

Not a bandwagon jumper, been a Twins, Gophers (football, basketball and puck), North Stars/Wild fan for decades. I’ve seen a lot of losting teams and stuck with them. Just couldn’t believe they hired Denny rather than Tony.

Pitter patter

I bailed on the team after the blowout loss to the eagles a few year ago. I’m raising my kids to be Packer fans. Life’s hard enough as a kid without being a Vikings fan. Why put them through that misery.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Vikings can’t do anything right coffee

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Awesome second half by the purple but thought they shoulda tried to get Jefferson the single season franchise receiving record. Cousins finishes the season with 33 touchdowns and 7 interceptions.

I think ol’ Mike might get his walking papers.

Jensen

but thought they shoulda tried to get Jefferson the single season franchise receiving record.
    [/quote]

Extra game than what Moss played wouldn’t have been a true record anyways. Jefferson wanted it bad.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

but thought they shoulda tried to get Jefferson the single season franchise receiving record.

Extra game than what Moss played wouldn’t have been a true record anyways. Jefferson wanted it bad.
    [/quote]and Moss’s wouldnt be a record since they went from what 14 games to 16 a while back either…………….based on that train of thought. just sayin………

big_g
    Isle, MN

[/quote]

Using your analogy, then Moss’ record is not “true record” either. They haven’t always played 16 games 😎

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes but Moss gets extra credit for laying waste to the Packers secondary. toast

buck-slayer

Yes but Moss gets extra credit for laying waste to the Packers secondary. toast

No matter how bad the Vikings are. The fans see the season as a success if they beat the Packers. No playoffs this year again but they beat the Packers.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t care about this year. I just posted a historical fact. grin

There will be a new chant going around Lambeau during the play-offs…

Jensen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jensen wrote:</div>

Using your analogy, then Moss’ record is not “true record” either. They haven’t always played 16 games 😎
    [/quote]

Well go back and look to see what Moss had after 14 games then that season. And tell me what your research finds then.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

apples to oranges………. not going to argue with you….. you brought it up.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Bye Bye Zim and take Speilman with you.

Jason Merritt

Speilman must go, 10 plus years of inept draft picks and overpaying for a middle of the pack QB!!!! The GM is responsible for the product on the field, or lack there of!!!

Jensen

apples to oranges………. not going to argue with you….. you brought it up.

Good you would lose that argument. This is a football thread not what’s for supper. Spielman is a good friend of the Wilfs dont think they will get rid of him although he needs to go.

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.