2021 MN Vikings Thread

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Cousins out for Packers game. Covid positive.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

That’ll make Glenn57 happy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

That’ll make Glenn57 happy.

woot woot woot devil devil

last week Jim Souhan wrote an article about these guys on the Vikings that refused to get the vax. the top 3 money makers, cousins, cook and smith in particular….called the ntraitors to the team for not getting it.

he got it so he wouldnt have to play in that frigid weather i bet!!!!!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Vaccine status is kind of irrelevant at this point, as regardless of vaxxed or not, they have to sit out 5 days. Assuming he tested positive yesterday, any player would still be out Sunday.

Hopefully they run Mond (preferably) or Sloter out there, Mannion does absolutely nothing for me, and I’d rather see one of the young guys get some run.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Mannion actived off Covid reserve. Named the starter already.
    Would rather see either Sloter or Mond.
    Either way, they lose in GB.
    Better draft pick, new coaches,new GM…here comes the rebuild…I hope.
    Still wonder what they will end up doing with Cousins…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why not put Mond in there for real game action against a quality opponent? Let’s get a taste of what we drafted.

Ripjiggen

Guessing because they have a taste from practice and it’s is probabaly a rotten flavor.

stout93
    Becker MN

Why not put Mond in there for real game action against a quality opponent? Let’s get a taste of what we drafted.

I’ve heard that internally they have basically come to the conclusion that Mond will never be a starter in the league and they severely over drafted him.

Take it for what it’s worth…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I think Mond vs Love could be a thing for many years.

Brittman

Has Mond been active for a game yet ??

I suspect that the comment above may be closer to the truth.

If Mond had any potential at all … why not let him play ??

Ripjiggen

Vaccine status is kind of irrelevant at this point, as regardless of vaxxed or not, they have to sit out 5 days. Assuming he tested positive yesterday, any player would still be out Sunday.

Agree. He is going to take all sorts of heat for this however.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah Mond was active last week out of necessity when Mannion was on Covid protocol. Even if Mond is not prepared, I’d still throw him out there and let him see firsthand how far he has to go to make it in the league. Or rotate series w/ career practice squad guy, Kyle Sloter, if you think embarrassment would be a good motivator, which I do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gee.

Nationally televised game

Cold

Must win

Who would’ve thought this would happen shock

I wonder if the packers will fold up like we did against a back up qb.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Man did that Souhan rip cousins in his article today.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Souhan rips everybody, but his writing isn’t anything special either. jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

maybe,but fits my narrative. whistling waytogo devil

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

maybe,but fits my narrative. whistling waytogo devil

But your narrative has been wrong all along. You will see just how valuable Cousins has been to the Vikings Sunday night. I get you don’t think he is good, but there are at least 20 guys worse. jester

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

That’s the sad part Dutch, at least we still have a running game perhaps..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

there is a reason Mond isn’t playing. it was a waste of a pick and the team does not want to be embarrassed on national TV. the Kirk haters will be begging to sign him to another extension this offseason! vikes went from 6.5 dog to 13.5 after the Kirk news! let that sink in

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I hope the Vikings don’t use injuries and COVID as excuses for losses this season instead of head coaching incompetence and end up keeping Zimmer.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I hope the Vikings don’t use injuries and COVID as excuses for losses this season instead of head coaching incompetence and end up keeping Zimmer.

i have only watched one or 2 games this year. what has Zim done or not done that everyone is calling for his head? he is one of my favorite coaches

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishinfreaks wrote:</div>

i have only watched one or 2 games this year. what has Zim done or not done that everyone is calling for his head? he is one of my favorite coaches

Where do I begin. Really a loaded question that requires a long detailed answer. The Vikings have been competitive in every single game this season. Not once have they been blown out. That may change on Sunday night.

I personally think that the primary issue is play calling from Clint Kubiak. Certainly Zim has some element of control over that but 95% of it falls on the OC. That being said I do think Zimmer will be removed as head coach after this season. Someone else will hire him as a defensive coordinator.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s the players that Spielman has fed Zimmer along with the inability to coach them up.

stout93
    Becker MN

It’s the players that Spielman has fed Zimmer along with the inability to coach them up.

Now I don’t doubt that Spielman has the ultimate say, but you have to admit that Zimmer has an enormous input in the draft…I mean, all of the CBs (busts) drafted in the first round alone point to Zimmer..

When is the last time they drafted a D-lineman in the first round? Has to be more than 5 years ago..that alone should get Spielman fired.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Sadly I doubt the root of the Vikings problems will be addressed this year and Speilman will be allowed to destroy yet another rebuild period again. Worse yet, is that the Rubes will continue to buy tickets and cheer for this dumpster fire organization as it continues to burn to the ground.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Shaping up to be the quintessential Vikes game. Lose when they should win, and win when they should lose. Taking the Vikes to cover the -13.5 points. Might just walk away with the W.

-J.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

You think the Bengals are playoff contenders in the same division with the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns? I don’t think so.

I am not afraid to be wrong and gladly admit it when I do call it wrong. Burrow looked good vs. Zim in Game 1. He is a gunslinger with weapons. Not only are they in the playoffs, but Division Champs. I got something right, Amazin!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I was wrong on the Bengals.

I don’t take back anything I’ve said on the Vikings, however

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So this is what the offense looks like without Cousins huh. Clearly much worse…

Dan
    Southeast MN

No Theilen either. Not making excuses because they were never gonna win this game anyway, but with Theilen out they’ve been able to provide additional coverage on JJ, meaning the rest can worry about Cook. Hence, offense is going nowhere.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.