2021 MN Vikings Thread

• Jensen

Win or else bye bye Zimmer

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Win or else bye bye Zimmer

They aren’t going to can him until the season is over. At this point that seems inevitable.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Kicker might get fired! shock

Kinda surprised the Vikes are favored by 3.5. No betting on this game.

-J.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Who the hell is this purple team that’s playing tonight?!?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They will lay down like a beaten dog.

Nailed the prediction Dutch, but I think you meant the wrong team!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Oh, I think it’s the same team as usual. They just had extra energy for 2 and a half quarters.

deertracker

I was waiting for this point in the game. Now I can go to bed. It was a fun 1st half at least.
    DT

JoeMX1825
    MN

yep, there they are! Knew it…

Pailofperch

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

yep, there they are! Knew it…

They understood the mission…..

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I mean… they got the W but if anything epitomizes why Zimmer needs to go. How you let Pittsburgh back in that game and still have the game come down to the final play is just mind-blowing

Pailofperch

Another solid victory for the purple team! Seriously guys, was their ever a doubt??? coffee whistling

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I turned it to the hockey game when they were ahead 29-0.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I mean… they got the W but if anything epitomizes why Zimmer needs to go. How you let Pittsburgh back in that game and still have the game come down to the final play is just mind-blowing

The way that happens is your offense, that could do whatever it wanted all first half, is coordinated by a kid who has no business running an offense. Add in Breeland/Boyd/Dantlzer who have no business playing significant time in the NFL, and here you go.

Second half drives:
    7 plays 10 yards for a FG 2:49 Time Of Possession
    6 plays 23 yards for a FG 2:07 TOP
    1 play INT 0:08 TOP
    3 plays 3 yards Punt 1:32 TOP
    3 plays 75 yards TD 1:20 TOP
    6 plays 22 yards INT 3:58 TOP
    6 plays 20 yards PUNT 1:58 TOP

So 7 drives for 13:54 TOP and 13 points, when you have a huge lead is just terrible. They should have had 2 drives that took up that much time with a well run offense that is capable of making adjustments.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The game went downhill fast after the taunting penalty on the defense. Totally uncalled for. Shows no respect for the coach and team. Seems the defense went on tilt and fell apart from that point on.

Jefferson still has the worst TD dance in the NFL. Why the hell are they dancing when they are 5-7? Hey Vikes – Take a lesson from the Steelers. No party in the end zone when they scored!

Vikes are getting very hard to watch….

-J.

matt

The Vikings should have left town after the metrodome deflated.Honestly suprised they have any fans left willing to spend money to watch them

Ripjiggen

Well the house Ziggy built has lots of fans every Sunday.

matt

Ziggy wouldnt have a house if it wernt for politicians graciously forcing their citizens to foot the bill for said house.

matt

Shocked,suprised they still have fans.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Imagine what this thread would be like if the over-matched OC and the offense hadn’t put up 36 points.

They won…next.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Shocked,suprised they still have fans.

Even the Lions still have fans. I saw them celebrate last Sunday too.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

just heard an interesting stat: The Vikings have the highest win % of any team in NFL history to have NOT won the SB. Being a Vikings fan is tough.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Take a lesson from the Steelers. No party in the end zone when they scored!

Did you not see them after that second-half interception? One of those group gigs where the defense all ran another 30-40 yards to the end zone to lay down and pose for a group photo.

Not to mention Claypool wasting about 5 of the final 16 seconds of game time after he caught a first-down pass, stood up, held the ball, and pointed just to make sure everyone knew he had achieved a first down. Meanwhile an O-lineman runs up and tries to take the ball from him because he was situationally aware and new the clock was running during a football game they were trying to win. I know Steelers fans are PISSED about that, can’t blame them.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

There’s no denying that despite a losing record, it’s been a pretty entertaining season thus far.
    Maybe someone spiked my coffee with purple kool-aid but I see quite a bit of talent on this team with the exception of CB and I think a couple of them could be be pretty decent with improved technique.

Seeing Clint Kubiak in the booth is like seeing Clint Howard in Ron Howard movies.

Coaching…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

just heard an interesting stat: The Vikings have the highest win % of any team in NFL history to have NOT won the SB. Being a Vikings fan is tough.

Another fun fact is from 1966-2020 the Vikings have won the division 20 times, Packers 18, Bears 11, Lions 3 and Bucs 3.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Another stat. If the Vikes were to have lost, it would have been the all time worst point lead to lose. Currently held by San Fran at 28 points.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

C’mon JJ, you covered, life is good.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Another stat. If the Vikes were to have lost, it would have been the all time worst point lead to lose. Currently held by San Fran at 28 points.

-J.

Man, that’s a bummer! We needed that stat for our trophy case! That would have looked nice next to the many other embarrassing record stats the Purple hold.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    Take a lesson from the Steelers. No party in the end zone when they scored!

Did you not see them after that second-half interception? One of those group gigs where the defense all ran another 30-40 yards to the end zone to lay down and pose for a group photo.

Not to mention Claypool wasting about 5 of the final 16 seconds of game time after he caught a first-down pass, stood up, held the ball, and pointed just to make sure everyone knew he had achieved a first down. Meanwhile an O-lineman runs up and tries to take the ball from him because he was situationally aware and new the clock was running during a football game they were trying to win. I know Steelers fans are PISSED about that, can’t blame them.

Just read that the Vikes probably should have been called for a delay of game on that Claypool reception. Kendricks clubbed the ball out of Claypool’s hand, refs missed it…

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I don’t know what to say about how last night’s game went down. The key play in the collapse to me was the interception on the first down that was tipped away from Jefferson. I liked the aggressive play and the throw, the Steelers just made a great play. I think if that is a completed pass the game looks much different and there is almost no chance the Steelers score 20-points on the night. All the credit in the world goes to the Steelers for making a game out of it. Kudos to the Vikes for hanging on.

I think the Vikes are fortunate this game was played on Thursday, rather than Sunday. The rest of the season depends upon them playing like the team that did in the first 66% of this game. That team can win out and go on a run in the playoffs. Heck, they can play 90% as well and they will still be OK. Anything less than that and things get sketchy fast.

Kirk needs to be better. He had a poor outing redeemed by a few great throws.

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.