2021 MN Vikings Thread

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mond & Love, two pea’s in a pod.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

He slowed up and gave his victory salute which is what allowed the defender to even catch up as much as he did. This is not the first time nor is it the last. Good player, yes – fun to watch – yes.
    Play like a pro and act like you’ve been there before. The choreographed dances blow ( his is LESS obnoxious than many though)
    If he grabs the ball, runs over the line THEN celebrates – we don’t need to run a play at the 1 yard line – PERIOD –

Here’s all his catches from yesterday, which one are you talking about? I assume the one that he was marked down a yard short of the end zone. If you watch it(approx 30 second mark) he’s not dancing, victory saluting (what does that even mean? jester ), nor celebrating. He held the ball out to try and get in the endzone, something players league wide do for TD’s and first downs all the time. And had he not done that, he would have been down at the 2-3 yard line.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/every-catch-by-justin-jefferson-from-169-yard-game-week-11

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The two glaring weaknesses yesterday, were Mason Cole at center getting absolutely man-handled all game. Him and Bradbury need to put on some weight and get in the weight room, neither one has the size and strength to handle NFL interior DL. And Xavier Woods played about as bad as I’ve ever seen, just seemed way off, missing tackles and not even getting close on some coverages, included the MVS TD where he was never within 3 yards!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The two glaring weaknesses yesterday, were Mason Cole at center getting absolutely man-handled all game. Him and Bradbury need to put on some weight and get in the weight room, neither one has the size and strength to handle NFL interior DL. And Xavier Woods played about as bad as I’ve ever seen, just seemed way off, missing tackles and not even getting close on some coverages, included the MVS TD where he was never within 3 yards!

Mason Cole got crushed in the first half but was MUCH better in the second half. Bradbury would’ve fared much worse in my opinion. Keep in mind there aren’t many centers in the league that don’t get manhandled by him.

Umy
    South Metro

THanks for the videos – the third on I think to go up to 10-3 I believe.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree – he slows up and yes, holds out the ball but he catches it, tucks it in and it’s a non issue – he knows where the defender is. Not the first time he or some other player has done that. I guess I am just a little disenchanted witht he NFL right now so my bias, my bad. I love my sports so……
    Fun to watch for sure and nice to have such a weapon on our team.

Brittman

Umy you be wrong on JJ in the Packer Game. I wathched that catch from many angles on the big screen … over and over as they reviewed the play and the challenge.

Watch how many hits the guy takes and he actually lowers the shoulder when he can.

From a salary cap perspective the Diggs to Jefferson transition was clearly a big win for the Vikings.

Brittman

Atlanta, New Orleans, Seattle. Sure you can say it should not have gone down to a kick, but it did and the Vikings failed.

Zim showed some pretty high intestinal fortitude taking a knee to a couple of seconds and winning on that field goal. grin

The Packers with Rogers ended 2020 pretty similar to the Vikings with Keenam. A loss. Ended last year in the NFC Championship game with … a loss. Yes they have been there 4 times in the past 7 years, but all losses … maybe that is the real new curse.

What is truly painful for the purple fans is GB is 4-1 in the SB and the Vikes are 0-4.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Let’s not ignore the fact that Cousins threw a pick with the game on the line either. If that D Back held onto that ball, which was initially ruled an interception, we’d be having a totally different conversation here.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I thought Barr had a really off game as well. The whole D was way too tentative. It really wasn’t a very good showing on that side of the ball IMO.

Brittman

He actually “threw” two picks. The first one called back on a roughing the passer call that kept a drive alive that ended with a touchdown to 19 (Adam) … the second one (noted above) was dropped.

The Rogers to 83 TD was a matter of time. Rogers missed a couple to him earlier that would have resulted in the same … TD. The Vikings played pretty far back most of the game to keep the big plays at bay.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Jefferson was show boating on the reception to the 1 yard line.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I watched the video 10 times. He was stretching out before the defender had a hand on him.
    Seems to me if he would have tucked it in and stretched at the goal line he would of had a better chance at crossing the goal line.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I thought Barr had a really off game as well.

I think Nick Vigil is a better linebacker than Barr. Barr’s time here is over if he can’t out play his back up.

Umy
    South Metro

Thanks Netguy and EP.
    Not slamming him as a player, just don’t like the “look at how great I am” stuff.
    As I said above ” my bias, my bad – we’ll have to agree to disagree.”
    YES – fun to watch him because he makes some great plays.
    One more thing, I am not on the sack Cousins bandwagon. For a guy who, the past couple years, has had two nanoseconds to get the ball out of his hands I think he does a pretty good job.
    Know NOTHING about who calls the plays or if he can change them as needed. Just got tired of him saying “hut” and the defense on him as the ball got to his hands. Seems to be a little better this year. I think he does pretty well for us.
    I grew up in Mankato, across the ravine from the college. Spent EVERY DAY of training camp, all day, watching them play and practice. Love the Vikes but, as an adult have a different perception of football.
    That’s why America is so great, we can express our opinions in places like this.
    I will be rooting for them to win no matter what.
    Gobble Gobble yay

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>
    I must be the only one who thinks Zimmer should have grabbed Jefferson’s facemask and told him to get into the endzone before celebrating.
    That crap pisses me off to no end!

yay yay yay yay

X2, was thinking the same thing.

……and he still has the worst TD dance in the NFL. whistling

-J.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Barr is the most overpaid player on the roster. And yes more than Cousins.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    I’m convinced Vikings fans would find a way to trash Mahomes or Brady if they were our qb. Never happy.

Not true –
    I’d be happy with a Lombardi trophy. Just sayin.

you still can come to Green Bay and look at several.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I listened to the game via radio while shoveling radon rock the entire time and compacting backfill in a garage.

After the fact, I watched on DVR. The Packers played poorly in some facets of the game. The Vikings offense looked good other than the interior OL. The Vikings should be a wildcard team for sure. I think it’s time Vikings fans admit that Cousins is not an issue and is definitely more than a game manager. On the flip side, Crosby is not right and it was one of many aspects that cost them the game. Another issue was the fact that the back end of that defense allowed guys to run wide open on some of the intermediate crossing routes the entire game. The Packers spent substantially more time in single safety sets than usual, presumably to slow down Dalvin Cook and due to injuries. The 3rd string Left Tackle surprisingly wasn’t terrible after losing the backup LT during the game. Their 5th OLB who was forced into service looked like he didn’t belong in the NFL though.

Ultimately it ended up being a coin-toss type game that went down to the last possession on the road in a hostile environment without 9 of 22 starters (notably including an all-pro LT, all-pro CB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl TE, and 3 pass rushers all unavailable). Excuses are like a**holes where everyone has one and they all smell, but ultimately this team will be fine IF they can get even a few pieces back. They’ve got a 3 game lead while being the statistically most injured team in the NFL counting missing starters. I’d still hedge bets on the Packers winning the North, beating the Vikings on January 2nd, and the Vikings making the playoffs as a wildcard team.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m convinced Vikings fans would find a way to trash Mahomes or Brady if they were our qb. Never happy.

Not true –

I tee’d that one up for you over 24 hours ago, you must be losing your edge. moon rotflol

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>
    I must be the only one who thinks Zimmer should have grabbed Jefferson’s facemask and told him to get into the endzone before celebrating.
    That crap pisses me off to no end!

yay yay yay yay

X2, was thinking the same thing.

……and he still has the worst TD dance in the NFL. whistling

-J.

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

Not true –

I tee’d that one up for you over 24 hours ago, you must be losing your edge. moon rotflol

In the middle of Wisconsin gun season, don’t have the time.

stout93
    Becker MN

Reports are Everson having another mental breakdown. Hope he can make it through this….

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Reports are Everson having another mental breakdown. Hope he can make it through this….

Locked up in his house, posting Instagram videos that are hard to understand while waving his .45 around, mentioning Dalvin Cook helping him get the gun legally in the video…shots from inside the house allegedly fired…….probably safe to say he will not be in an NFL uniform soon

CaptainMusky

probably safe to say he will not be in an NFL uniform soon

True, but that is nothing to be worried about right now and I am not saying you are implying it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If I wanted to see trophy’s I would go to New England where they stack em like cord wood.

Ripjiggen

Yeah sad deal for Griffen…I have a feeling he dies at a young age and his brain is not great. He’s got a lot of deamons at a young age.

Karry Kyllo

Yeah sad deal for Griffen…I have a feeling he dies at a young age and his brain is not great. He’s got a lot of deamons at a young age.

I feel bad for Everson too. Brain illnesses can be a terrible thing. I’m starting to wonder if he may have CTE.

Ripjiggen

I’m no doctor but if I had to put my money on it I would.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Losing Grif, for the time being, is going to be rough. The D-line can’t keep anyone on the field this year. The Offense is going to have to continue winning the games.

One other thing from the Pack game. It looks like Cook has lost some burst and speed, my guess from not being 100% healthy. If I were the Packers, I would focus on stopping the receiving game and not worry about Cook that much.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.