• glenn57
    cold spring mn

man that cousins could be MVP material!!!!!!! devil rotflol rotflol rotflol

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I guess I worded that incorrectly I meant to say Packers

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Every game except one has been by one score. This team could be 10-0 or 1-9. Every game certainly is entertaining no doubt about it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I love you Cousins haters. Has a great game and makes one bad throw and you hammer him for it. Not to mention it was being aggressive which you all have complained about him not doing. He had a great game, came up with a bunch of big throws and third down conversions.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I love you Cousins haters. Has a great game and makes one bad throw and you hammer him for it. Not to mention it was being aggressive which you all have complained about him not doing. He had a great game, came up with a bunch of big throws and third down conversions.

I agree. I am not quite sure why so many people dislike him even when he is playing well. He’s not Mahones or Jackson but his stats clearly indicate he is an upper half QB in this league. It could be a little better but it could easily be much worse too.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

waytogo waytogo waytogo yep……

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I still disagree.
    He needs to win a meaningful playoff game before I put him on a pedestal.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Have to give the Vikings credit. A pretty complete game. Too bad they squandered so many games early on. Always good to beat the Packers though!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Where has that kind of play calling and innovative situational football been all season long? However, Kubiak and Cuzz Buzz got lucky when they got baited into that near INT at the end. After the 5-yard penalty, the down, distance, and game situation all screamed run, run, run. It’s not a play to try to catch the D off guard. They were ready for it, and it almost wrecked the game. A run call in that situation is not a conservative call; It is the only right call on 1st and 5 when taking time off the clock is one of the objectives. I’m not an “Elite Football Mind,” but I am pretty good with play-calling strategy. The first objective is to not fall into a game-changing trap, and they got Kubiak and Cuzz to bite the cheese. Vikes were extremely fortunate to get off the hook on that one.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

My Wisconsin buddies haven’t been texting. That’s good. I guess I better get to work.

Ripjiggen

I still disagree.
    He needs to win a meaningful playoff game before I put him on a pedestal.

Um did he not win the most memorable playoff game in the last 20 years?
    Pedestal no. Better than most want to admit. Yes.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If you are thinking of the Minneapolis Miracle, that was Case Keenum.

Cousins did toss a game winning TD pass to Rudolph in OT against the Saints on the road in Jan 2020.

Brittman

Getting Jefferson into the game plan is working. Big, strong and competitive. You can tell he loves the game.

Lucky enough to be in the corner for his two big catches. Real deal.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

If you are thinking of the Minneapolis Miracle, that was Case Keenum.

Cousins did toss a game winning TD pass to Rudolph in OT against the Saints on the road in Jan 2020.

Wasn’t thinking miracle but could see how that came out…long day at the bank always fun to beat the packers moon

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m convinced Vikings fans would find a way to trash Mahomes or Brady if they were our qb. Never happy.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m convinced Vikings fans would find a way to trash Mahomes or Brady if they were our qb. Never happy.

Not true –
    I’d be happy with a Lombardi trophy. Just sayin.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Not true –
    I’d be happy with a Lombardi Brady trophy. Just sayin.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Not true –

This proves my comment right…..just saying. mrgreen

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Where has that kind of play calling and innovative situational football been all season long? However, Kubiak and Cuzz Buzz got lucky when they got baited into that near INT at the end. After the 5-yard penalty, the down, distance, and game situation all screamed run, run, run. It’s not a play to try to catch the D off guard. They were ready for it, and it almost wrecked the game. A run call in that situation is not a conservative call; It is the only right call on 1st and 5 when taking time off the clock is one of the objectives. I’m not an “Elite Football Mind,” but I am pretty good with play-calling strategy. The first objective is to not fall into a game-changing trap, and they got Kubiak and Cuzz to bite the cheese. Vikes were extremely fortunate to get off the hook on that one.

Totally agree, there was no reason NOT to run there. Even a run for 0 gain or a loss gets to the 2 minute warning and you have 2 downs to throw for the first. By FAR the best game plan Baby Kubiak put together, innovative passing game and throwing FIRST to open up the run game. Defense played solid, Xavier Woods was terrible with multiple missed tackles and blown coverages particularly on MVS’s 75 yard TD, but a great team win none the less!

Umy
    South Metro

I must be the only one who thinks Zimmer should have grabbed Jefferson’s facemask and told him to get into the endzone before celebrating.
    That crap pisses me off to no end!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I must be the only one who thinks Zimmer should have grabbed Jefferson’s facemask and told him to get into the endzone before celebrating.

X2, was thinking the same thing.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>

X2, was thinking the same thing.

……and he still has the worst TD dance in the NFL. whistling

-J.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently A-Rodge has an injured toe that is worse than turf toe. They were talking about it on KFAN today. It severely limited his mobility in the first half but they gave him some injection of pain killer at half which numbed it up. That’s why he left early before halftime.

Ripjiggen

Really he dove towards the end zone and thought he scored on a big play…he wasn’t celebrating before he scored he was reaching to get in…let’s pile on our best player for dominating a game. Sometimes I think a Lombardi trophy would be enough because the game was to close or they did not play perfectly.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not true –

So are you saying that every single Vikings QB in franchise history stinks simply because they haven’t won a Super Bowl? That list includes Tarkenton, Kramer, Cunningham, Moon, Culpepper, and now Cousins amongst others.

Cousins has 2775 yards, a 68% completion percentage, 21 touchdowns and 2 INTs on the season through 10 games. From a statistical stand point, I am not sure what else he could do.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Not true –

So are you saying that every single Vikings QB in franchise history stinks simply because they haven’t won a Super Bowl? That list includes Tarkenton, Kramer, Cunningham, Moon, Culpepper, and now Cousins amongst others.

Vikings legend Brad Johnson is insulted by this post.

The late-great T-Jack also has a ring.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

In the last 30 matchups with the Packers in MN, Rodgers started 14 and Favre started 16 for GB. Vikings are 17-13 in those matchups.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

In the last 30 matchups with the Packers in MN, Rodgers started 14 and Favre started 16 for GB. Vikings are 17-13 in those matchups.

Oooooooooo juicy stat!!!

Umy
    South Metro

He slowed up and gave his victory salute which is what allowed the defender to even catch up as much as he did. This is not the first time nor is it the last. Good player, yes – fun to watch – yes.
    Play like a pro and act like you’ve been there before. The choreographed dances blow ( his is LESS obnoxious than many though)
    If he grabs the ball, runs over the line THEN celebrates – we don’t need to run a play at the 1 yard line – PERIOD –

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Vikings legend Brad Johnson is insulted by this post.

The late-great T-Jack also has a ring.

LOL I purposely left names like Gannon, B. Johnson, and Favre off the list because they all won super bowls when they were on another team.

Hadn’t thought of T-Jack. Good point lol

I’m not trying to get confrontational here with anyone. I’m just genuinely curious as to why the Cousins haters are still hating. We could throw Kellen Mond in there and see how that goes but I am quite positive it would be a train wreck at this point.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.