2020 MN Renaissance Festival Cancelled

• Sharon
    SE Metro

Well they announced yesterday that the 2020 MN Renaissance Festival is cancelled. cry I was really hoping they could host it this year and that all this virus crap would be long over. Guess it was just wishful thinking. I’m not a big fan of large crowds (like the State Fair), but there’s something magical about Ren Fest that makes me feel so much more welcome there than many other large events. It’s a wonderful place full of fun, good food, and people just relaxing and being silly! Billy and I didn’t go every year, but we went several times over the years. It was always such fun day and the turkey legs there are delicious! 🍗🍗 This photo is of us back in 2012 at the Ren Fest.

https://kstp.com/entertainment/2020-minnesota-renaissance-festival-canceled-due-to-covid-19/5832959/

Attachments:
    1. 2012-Ren-Fest.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Found a few more photos! These are from 2015 and 2016. They have all kinds of delicious food there, but the turkey legs are the best!

Attachments:
    1. 2016-Ren-Fest.jpg

2. 2015-Ren-Fest.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have never been.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i was there once…..dot think i’ll go back. granted, like Sharon said great food, but….i’m not into watching little skits and then them begging for money!!!

maybe the time i went it was so friggin hot and humid, the beer got so warm so fast it tasted like crap……..could of been also it was Pabst!!!!! doah

Sharon
    SE Metro

i’m not into watching little skits and then them begging for money!!

Who was begging for money? I’ve never experienced that there before. The various skits and shows are free to attend and usually quite entertaining. My favorite is The Danger Committee! They do fun things with knives, fire, throwing things, and juggling.

Reef W

Hopefully all the plague doctor costumes can still get some use on Halloween lol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>
    i’m not into watching little skits and then them begging for money!!

Who was begging for money? I’ve never experienced that there before. The various skits and shows are free to attend and usually quite entertaining. My favorite is The Danger Committee! They do fun things with knives, fire, throwing things, and juggling.

when i was there……..and that was a long time ago that is what they did. finish there skit then come out in the crowd with a donation container.

my favorite was puke and snot……2 teachers from Melrose.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

And you have the nerve to whine about warm Pabst.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

And you have the nerve to whine about warm Pabst.

rotflol rotflol

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I’ll take the renaissance any day of the week over the state fair.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Sharon – I would’ve half expected you to be in full dress Renaissance garb! grin

We went some years ago too and enjoyed the skits and the puke and snot show. It’s fun, but something we would do once every couple years.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Sharon – I would’ve half expected you to be in full dress Renaissance garb!

I would LOVE to, but it would have been silly without someone to dress up with me and Billy wasn’t much into Ren Fest costumes. So I just adorned myself with leaves in my hair, feather earrings, and a wispy fun skirt rather than go full-costume. Perhaps in 2021 I will wear something more elaborate.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My wife has worked at the Renaissance the last 3-4 years helping a friend who had a Mead booth out there. She really likes being out there. I think she worked all the days last season except for 1 or 2. She was a little bummed when she found out that it was cancelled this year. As a family we use to go out there every other year or so. We usually alternated between there and the State fair every other year. Its going to be a bummer not to make it to either this year. No fall fishing trip to Canada, No Game Fair, No State Fair, No Renaissance. 2020 is a real sucky year for sure.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Weekender wrote:</div>
    Sharon – I would’ve half expected you to be in full dress Renaissance garb!

I would LOVE to, but it would have been silly without someone to dress up with me and Billy wasn’t much into Ren Fest costumes. So I just adorned myself with leaves in my hair, feather earrings, and a wispy fun skirt rather than go full-costume. Perhaps in 2021 I will wear something more elaborate.

The whole dressing up thing does seem like something that would fit your personality. Maybe next year you will have to give it a try. Not my thing, but I do think all the people who do it are cool. We use to call it the festival of the Freaks and Geeks. I think its a fun place where a lot of people who don’t feel like they fit in other places feel real comfortable, which I feel like is a good thing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Went once, don’t care to go again. Just not my cup of tea. Prefer the state fair a lot more.

You had to figure that most of these kind of events were going to get cancelled. County fairs, state fair, ren fest, game fair, etc. Lets just hope that the winter sport shows are going starting in January.

Reef W

Lets just hope that the winter sport shows are going starting in January.

Indoors? Don’t get your hopes up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah i thought this mask mandate was the cure all?????????????? whistling whistling whistling

munchy
    NULL

Anyone know if the Rat Catcher is still there? I’d heard some stories about him that would make the PC crowd fall over dead.

Personally only been once and it was so hot and dusty that it was far from enjoyable. I could see on a 60deg fall day it may be a blast. Not on a 90+ with no clouds or wind. No idea how the people who dress completely up can handle that weather.

Deuces

Used to get stoned and go back in the day, fun times when you get lost in the characters and costumes.

tim hurley

Here in Lauderdale at our park we have performers who practice with swords and things. Interesting.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.