2017 food plot plan

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Well I been kicking this around for…well a couple months now, but I think I have the 2017 food plot plan down for the farm. Going a little heavier on the corn this year, a touch less on beans and a little more brassica. The clover in this plan is all in place, some since last fall and some since the fall before. Going to try one of my bean plots in forage beans this year also to see how they perform and how my deer like them.

I think I have a pretty good plan for weed suppression/prevention this year. At least I am more informed this year than in years past. Going to try some different chemicals on my round up resistant weeds in the corn plots.

Anyone else getting a plan together yet? It is almost the first of the year coffee

Attachments:
    1. 2017-food-plots.jpg

mattgroff

Looks like a great plan to me. I would stay heavy on some beans though. The deer around here and southeastern Minnesota have been crushing the standing beans lately. Where is your farm located?
    Good luck.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Farm is in west central MN. I have been heavy on the beans the last few year. Need to do some crop rotation. We actually saw better activity this year on the cut corn than the beans, which is unusual up there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.