2016 Rainy River Conditions

• BassBuster2

Report April 10,The customers I have in told me the walleye fishing has been slow,water temps are in the mid thirties and the bite is just not happening right now,warmer weather is predicted for this week that should help.
    The Sturgeon fishing has been great at the dam.There are a lot of fish being caught in the 50 inch range with a few over 60!
    BB1

holmsvc
    SE ND

Fished around Vidas, Birchdale, and Wheelers Thursday through Saturday. Fishing was pretty slow overall. The suckers were really bad around Vidas, went through a lot of crawlers. Our big fish for the weekend was 61 incher with 27.25 girth.

The quality of the crawlers we got were poor overall. We threw away a lot of them. We got a half flat in Fargo before heading up and then another half in Baudette. There were some good ones in both flats, but a lot of skinny ones and sick looking ones.

Did anyone get any good bait in Baudette or on the river lately? We are heading back up again for one more trip next week and would like to get some crawlers that are good quality.

rschmidty

We oder our worms from Speedyworms out of Alexandria. We have always gotten really nice juicy worms from there. I just ordered another 250 this morning for our short trip up this coming weekend and we ordered 2000 a few weeks ago for our trip we just finished on 16th. I actually ordered this morning and they already shipped. I’ve also heard good things about Steve’s Lucky Bait in Baudette and they are open 24 hours a day, but I’ve never gotten anything from there personally.

Did you do better towards Birchdale or wheelers? When we were up the 13th-16th we fished mostly around Baudette and did well in size but not numbers.

holmsvc
    SE ND

Wheelers was better for us.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.