2016 Chevy Alliance

• Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

has anyone ever heard of this vehicle?? thanks for any help, trying to help a friend

Ripjiggen

Hate to be the first responder but unless the spelling is way off I don’t think Chevy ever made an Alliance.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

that’s what I’m wondering too!! she is usually right on.. thanks anyway!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Nope never heard of that model Mike. It would have had a bad transmission though probably by now. whistling

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

No chevy model by that name.
    There is however, a chevy dealership in Alliance Ohio……

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I texted her and told her to recheck the name of the car… thanks guys!!!

CaptainMusky

I was wondering if this was perhaps a model that was sold overseas just not here, but I checked even that and no. Interested to hear what it really is LOL

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

me too!!! she can be overly excited I think!1! LOL!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

just heard from her, it’s a Terrain!! just a bit of a difference!! so anyone know anything about them???

CaptainMusky

Ahaha! That is also a GMC not a chevy. I believe in that age range there were engine issues with them, but I have never personally had one myself. I am sure someone like JOhn Rasmussen could confirm.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

GMC Terrain had a run of bad trannys

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

GMC Terrain had a run of bad trannys

2016’s too??

John any thoughts please!! and thanks guys!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

John any thoughts please!! and thanks guys!!!

Yeah sorry timing chain, engine and transmission issues. But other than that. shock Tell her to keep up on the oil level and change it early and often. Service the transmission fluid the same way. How many miles?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

has anyone ever heard of this vehicle?? thanks for any help, trying to help a friend

Could you be thinking of the Chevrolet Avalanche?

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike Schulz wrote:</div>

Could you be thinking of the Chevrolet Avalanche?

no it was the Terrain

LabDaddy1

The Chevy alliance. Is this like a group of consumers who stick together to form a lawsuit against GM?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

At 54,000 I would have the transmission fluid done now. Then like I mentioned do not go over 5,000 miles on full synthetic oil. Also monitor level some should not have started at that low of miles but they tend to eat oil at some point

MX1825

At 54,000 I would have the transmission fluid done now. Then like I mentioned do not go over 5,000 miles on full synthetic oil. Also monitor level some should not have started at that low of miles but they tend to eat oil at some point

“No need to check the oil it has a monitor for that. It shows I have 20% left.”
    Direct quote from a customer with a locked up engine in a Chevy Cruse. doah

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

thanks John!!!

CaptainMusky

“No need to check the oil it has a monitor for that. It shows I have 20% left.”
    Direct quote from a customer with a locked up engine in a Chevy Cruse.

They really need to eliminate those oil monitor systems. They were the worst thing ever.

LabDaddy1

You think you should change full synthetic at 5k on all vehicles? I’ll admit, I usually do it at 6-7k or so, and have even gone up to 10k once or twice in the past(I know, not good, even though manufacturers say it’s fine).

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You think you should change full synthetic at 5k on all vehicles? I’ll admit, I usually do it at 6-7k or so, and have even gone up to 10k once or twice in the past(I know, not good, even though manufacturers say it’s fine).
    ReplyQuote

I think the bigger problem today, and one that has flown under the radar for way too long, is the excessively thin oils that manufactures are recommending. 0W oil? Come on! They are recommending these super thin oils not for concerns over the engine but to game the fuel economy mandates. But at what cost?

I run Mobile 1 10W30 in winter and 10W40 in the summer. I might be the last guy on Earth that still running 10w40 but I really feel that this protects the engine better in the high heat months. I also notice way lower oil consumption in my older 180k miles SUV when I’m running this oil in the summer.

I just don’t believe these super thin oils like 5W-20 and crap like that are protecting the engine.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.