2013 MX1825 Radio Issue

• muskiegreg

Turned on the radio this afternoon without any issue. When I tried to adjust the volume the controls did not work. When I tried to turn off the radio, the power switch did not work – basically none of the controls on the radio work. I turned off the boat’s master power switch and the radio shut down. As soon as I turned on the master power switch the radio comes back on – none of the controls work. Thoughts on what might be wrong and how can I shut the radio down??

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Does that radio have a removable face plate?

Sometimes they start to come off but are still in place. None of the controls will work if it’s not attached properly.

I hope it’s as easy as reattaching the face plate.

JoeMX1825
    MN

is it the silver JVC radio or the circular Jensen? I had my JVC replaced with the Jensen model after the first few months as it always had issues…no issues since…

I’ve read about LOTS of issues with the JVC model…

carver
    West Metro

ya the JVC one sucks imo. I wanna change mine out with a fusion radio, just waiting for it break even more so I have an excuse to get a new one. Right now I cannot change the mode on mine, so FM only for me.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Jensen is a really nice radio too, especially if you get the one with bluetooth…

muskiegreg

I have the silver, oval shaped JVC. How do I “detach” the face plate?

muskiegreg

Did Skeeter warranty the JVC or did you out right purchase the Jensen. Was the Jensen able to use the amplifier from the JVC? Seems like there has been a number of posts complaining about issues with the JVC radio. Would be nice if Skeeter acknowledged the issue.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have the silver, oval shaped JVC. How do I “detach” the face plate?

What’s the model number. I couldn’t find a silver, oval shaped JVC on line.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

BTW I have the Fusion tuner. Only thing I didn’t like about it is that I had to reach over to the Port side to change the volume using Pandora…until this nice young lady informed me I could control the volume with my cell phone. SCORE!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.