2012 Nitro Z7

• Carter Stahlberg

I found a used 2012 Nitro Z7, around $15,000. Have heard lots of negative and positive reviews about them. Looking for any input about the boat. Thanks!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Go over it with a fine tooth comb, test drive it, and have the motor checked by a mechanic if you can.

I bought a 98 Nitro 700LX bass boat 2 years ago. It’s my first boat and it has been nothing short of perfect for me. No motor problems, no other issues with the boat. Only issue I’m noticing is my steering is a bit tight. But the cables are the originals and probably need replacing.

Long story short, someone is always going to have something bad to say about something. If you like it and it passes your inspection, I wouldn’t worry about the fact that it’s a Nitro. There are more people that are very happy with their Nitro’s than there are people always ragging on them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If it floats thats half the battle. grin Like mentioned the motor is the main component, have that checked over and then do a visual inspection. It’s 7 years old so don’t expect everything to be perfect. Take it for a ride, look the trailer over and if everything seems ok buy it. If something bugs you go home and sleep on it. Don’t be rushed into a purchase.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Have the boat inspected & engine leak down / compression test

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Shouldn’t be a problem with that new of a boat but one thing I learned early on when I was shopping around for my first boat was to really inspect the transom for cracks and any kind of touch ups.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.