2000 mercury 200hp efi timing issue

• Xavier Lanci

Hey guys I just bought this boat for my mom for her birthday and I’m still having a issue that’s really stumped me I’ve tried everything I know to and read the manual but I am new to outboards so if anyone could help me out i would be extremely appreciative so here’s the story the motor ran perfect when i got it but then it randomly stopped working long story short the guy I bought it from apparently stripped out all the splines in the flywheel and just put it back on the right position with jb weld and I guess that’s why it would work great at first but then shifted enough to throw the timing off so I replaced the flywheel and also replaced the stator and trigger coil just in case that was also an issue and it finally started up fine but when i took into the water and gave it full speed it only went 10mph but before I replaced everything it was 26mph and I didn’t touch the timing at all i just replaced the parts so then I had some mechanics check it out and they messed with the timing but still 10mph or worse so at this point I’m stumped and not sure what else I can do so if anyone has any ideas I will try anything and i appreciate any help I can get, thank you for your time and hope to here from anyone when they get a chance.

Iowaboy1

Sooo much can be wrong here,and I need a lot more info,so,PM me your phone number and I will call you tomorrow from work.

Ripjiggen

Listen to this man.^^
    The rest will just be a guess.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.