2-person shelter question

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Is there a 2 person flip over sled house that doesn’t have extending poles? I know a guy that’s been looking for one of its out there. I can’t find one.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I’m not sure there is one. How would you fit it into a vehicle if you couldn’t collapse the poles?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ve been looking at them quite a bit – they all have poles. I have an IceRunner Explorer that’s tabbed as a 2 man but it’s pretty tough for 2 guys. It has the poles with the little buttons. I haven’t had issues but I could see them freezing potentially. I think the Clam has a better design with how the poles work.

If he wants to travel light it’s a pretty good deal. I almost always fish alone and I can drag it out with my gear pretty easily. Plus, it’s super light to load into the truck. Great for me and our 5YO daughter.

The drawback is the tub depth….it’s both good and bad. You can’t get much gear but the house is easy to get in and out of.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have never seen one if there is. I don’t really see how it would work, you would have almost no room in there if they did not extend. I suppose someone could pull it off just imagine a double wide one man. I’m not seeing the major advantage of it though.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

It’s for an older guy. He hates messing with the poles. Kinda like the one thing that drives him crazy! I wasn’t sure if there even is one. I figured if there is, someone here knows it!

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

The old Jacquart teepees may be ideal for him. Set it down…open is up and put in a spreader bar. Quick and easy.

Lost
    Shafer, MN

Shappell FX200 or FX200i don’t have extending poles. If I didn’t already have an Otter Lodge, I would probably switch to one of them as I also don’t like messing with the poles.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Not ragging on anyone here but what’s the big issue with the poles?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Not ragging on anyone but aren’t you a bass fisherman?

/had to

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

/had to

Jeez Matt. Going after me hard today…..I might have to go to my safe room. bawling

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

/had to

Jeez Matt. Going after me hard today…..I might have to go to my safe room. bawling

I haven’t seen Mr Beads around for awhile so what am I supposed to do?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

/had to

I haven’t seen Mr Beads around for awhile so what am I supposed to do?

Maybe go organize some crankbaits?

Lost
    Shafer, MN

I find the packing up of all the fabric and sliding of the poles to be annoying for the amount of moving around that I tend to do when fishing solo. The shappell is also lighter, which would be nicer for all of the walking that I do. Pulling the otter lodge, even when on the smitty, can get pretty tiring after a mile.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.