1785 questions

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When they discontinued the 1785 I recall the price as in the $33,000 range for a new one. Does that sound about right? I think they were rated at 75 hp also. Memory is failing me, I can’t remember many details on these, what was their last year made?

Thank you.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

That price range sounds right. I believe 2019 was the last year. 75hp max on the tiller, 150hp on the SC.

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Side question on these 1785s. My neighbor has a late 90s one for sale for a very reasonable price, has a old 2 stroke yami on it.
    Was there any bad years for these rigs, I read that they handle water very well and fish incredibly well, just curious because his is so clean it would be a boat I’d be interested in repowering potentially

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

BC I have never read a bad thing about them. I’m just surprised at what some guys think theirs are still worth. Thats why I asked about the price to see if I was remembering correctly.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BC I have never read a bad thing about them. I’m just surprised at what some guys think theirs are still worth. Thats why I asked about the price to see if I was remembering correctly.

Yup, sorry to side track. He wants 5k for his. A few years ago I thought that was a crazy high price but now it seems real low. So I wanted to ask before I made him a offer.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve seen everywhere from $7500 to $30,000 that was repowered.

mojogunter

I think that one may be old enough to still have a wood floor in it. A friend had a Mille Lacs tiller model with a 90hp. His floor was soft and replaced it before he sold it. After they went to all glass stringers and floors they are really pretty bullet proof. I think my next boat will be the 219.

Side question on these 1785s. My neighbor has a late 90s one for sale for a very reasonable price, has a old 2 stroke yami on it.
    Was there any bad years for these rigs, I read that they handle water very well and fish incredibly well, just curious because his is so clean it would be a boat I’d be interested in repowering potentially

Kris Berg

2006 is when they got rid of the wood in the transoms and floors.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.