15 ft Talon

• mckeen

Anyone buy/using a 15ft Talon, I love my 12’s! I think I would take advantage of the extra 3 feet at times , just curious if there has been any issues. Don’t hear much about them yet.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

My boss guides and has the 15′ on his Lund… apparently on his way down the road it decided to deploy… He’s not sure when it started, if it started in coincidence with his guest getting out of the truck and getting a bottle of water, opening a cover, the cover hitting the key, etc. He got lucky and had a friend call him while he was going by to let him know that it was deploying. He ground off the bottom 6″, so he’s waiting on the fiberglass end to replace it.

He seems to love it and is disappointed he can’t use for a bit…

Mark

Dave maze
    Isanti

They recommend you wire in a switch to turn off power while not in use for that reason. I have a 12′ and love it. I have gotten it stuck in a mud bottom tho. Not cool.

mckeen

Thanks, I have a master switch on my Lund Alaskan that takes care of the power issue, I remember it 99% of the time. Between spotlock and the 12ft Talon I’ve thrown an anchor maybe 3 times in 2 years, in deep water only when we were swinging too much with Spotlock with higher wind. I’m sure I’ll get a 15, just was curious if any known issues with problems with the extra extension not retracting,etc.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have a 2015 12 foot model. I have never had an issue with it. I wouldn’t say I use mine a ton but it does have its purpose. I think two of them working together would be ideal for better position holding. One is more like a pivot point rather than a specific anchor spot hold. Its never gotten stuck but it has a soft bottom mode which I use a lot that doesn’t dig in very much. Having one deploy on the road would be BAD news. I don’t know anyone with the 15 foot model but one thing to keep in mind is that I’m sure the tower is taller too so if you have specific height clearances (like a garage), make sure it will fit, or get a folding bracket for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.