13 fishing infrared big game rods?

• tangler
    Inactive

Anyone used these and care to share a review? Looking at the 40″ MH to pair with an okuma baitfeeder on the finnicky fooler.

It’s between this and the Fenwick elite tech 42. The Fenwick is twice the price.

Thanks!

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

It’s kinda apples to oranges though. The elite is carbon and the infrared is fiberglass. I have both, the elite is nice in a shack but no good out side because of the tiny guides. The infrared has nice large guides to accommodate some ice build up. I have a sienna 2500 on the the infrared and seems like a stand up setup, for twenty bucks you can’t go wrong.

tangler
    Inactive

The fenwick website says fiberglasss, but I wasn’t aware of the guide size which would definitely not be ideal for outdoor use.

Anyone have other suggestions in the price range of the fenwick? Lake trout or pike mostly.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Cabelas list the fenwick elite as graphite.

tangler
    Inactive

Cabelas list the fenwick elite as graphite.

Yeah it’s my bad, brain fart.

Eric duffy

I own 12 of these. The girlfriend and myself have for boys, ages 8,9,10,10. When we go out fishing we run these on our I fish pros. They’re phenomenal rods for the price and don’t fail in the cold due to the huge eyes. If used for big game sensitivity is the last thing you need to worry about. You want a decent tip, and backbone. Lots of backbone. For under 20 bucks each they’re hard to beat. I found them at reeds for 14.99 each and got pflueger trion size 30s buy one get one free there for 32dollars. Easy way to rig everybody with 2lines each to cover medium sized structure elements. We have every combo set up exactly the same with rod, reel, line, rig. I wouldn’t be afraid to jig with one either. They’re plenty light and tough enough for anything that swims inland, including sturgeon. Caught a 70lb fish and handfulls of 40s so far this winter.

Hugo Despres

I got one. 30” medium-heavy. I really love it. Feel like a 100$ rod. Awesome.

Eric duffy

Absolutely. For really any predator fish sensitivity I find is not very important. Most pike, lake trout, and large walleyes rarely hit a larger aggressively jigged lure softly. Usually a smash and grab type of game. And for set lines all I need to do is feel for weight since they’ve already taken the bait. Idk how they market these so cheaply but then some of their “better” rods are way more expensive. These to me feel like they’re of good overall quality. I mean 1pc fiberglass blank so really what else could go wrong? I can at any point cut threads and in an hour replace all the guides with a new set of they should ever fail me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.