11/21 Report Upper Red Lake

• muskiefever
    North Metro

Fished from 9am-5pm yesterday 11/21. It was slower than expected. 4 of us ended up keeping 11. Almost every fish was a perfect eater, what a healthy fishery! Although once dec 1st hits we would’ve only been able to keep half of our limit. Dead sticking fatheads under a slip bobber produced more than jigging but I myself am not a fan of waiting on a dead stick. No particular color sticked out. Fished 8-9.5′ walked out from Rogers. Must say, first trip there for my buddies and I, and the Rogers people are great.

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

We were just south and West of you and had pretty good luck, approx. 45 between 2 of us. Although 1/2 of those came before 9am. Sounds like you guys just barely missed the hot morning bite. I was expecting a fast and furious might bite but it never really heated up.

muskiefever
    North Metro

Made the haul from Grand Forks for the day, should’ve left the night before it sounds like. Did you have a lot of lookers as well?

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

We did have lookers, they were mostly mid-day though. We were able to get most fish we saw up until mod-morning to bite, but it did take some work and required switching up lures in the fly to get them to bite.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.