11 Mile Reservoir, BIG TROUT and BIG PIKE

• Tyler Thimsen

Over Christmas, the team and I traveled to Fairplay, Colorado to spend the night, so we could have an easier commute to 11 Mile Reservoir the next day! We made plans a week prior to go fish with some new people that we’ve been wanting to fish with for a long time now!

We’ve never been to 11 mile before, and it’s much larger then the lakes in my area so we were a little outside of our comfort zone. Luckily we had some awesome people to fish with and got some great knowledge about the lake and how to fish it!

The bite was finicky and it was a grindy day but good fish were caught still! Several big trout, a big pike, and tiny perch lol. The weather was great and by mid morning it felt like Spring out on the ice even though we showed up to -1 degrees that early morning. It’s been an outstanding time getting out and fishing new water with new people😃

For those of you that don’t know…11 mile is probably one of the most popular reservoirs in the state and it is home to GIANT Trout, Salmon, Northern Pike, and yellow perch.

Hope you guys enjoy the episode!

Attachments:
    1. 11mile.jpg

2. 11mile2.jpg

3. 11Mile6.jpg

4. 11mile1.jpg

Dave in Mpls
    Wayzata, MN

Nice, Tyler!
    I caught several absolute monster pike out of 11 Mile when I was spending summers in the Springs (in school at CO State) in the late ‘80s.
    Your pics and vids always bring back awesome memories of that country – thanks!

Tyler Thimsen

Nice, Tyler!
    I caught several absolute monster pike out of 11 Mile when I was spending summers in the Springs (in school at CO State) in the late ‘80s.
    Your pics and vids always bring back awesome memories of that country – thanks!

It was a fun first trip there, and we’re happy to be branching out to different parts of the state! The guy we went with has some videos from the late 80’s on VHS that he recorded. He was slaying some monsters then too lol. Glad to be able to bring a nostalgia factor to you with the videos😃

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

It was a fun first trip there, and we’re happy to be branching out to different parts of the state! The guy we went with has some videos from the late 80’s on VHS that he recorded. He was slaying some monsters then too lol. Glad to be able to bring a nostalgia factor to you with the videos😃
    [/quote]

Tyler nice job !! One of our sons and I just started ice fishing around the Denver area last year ! I saw your vid with the nice perch you got not long ago. We’re trying to get on a good perch bite out there somewhere.

Attachments:
    1. 427974FC-15B4-4837-87AB-1067571E68F6.jpeg

Tyler Thimsen

Tyler nice job !! One of our sons and I just started ice fishing around the Denver area last year ! I saw your vid with the nice <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch you got not long ago. We’re trying to get on a good <em class=”ido-tag-em”>perch bite out there somewhere.
    [/quote]

That’s awesome, there is some great water to fish out in the front range! You guys certainly have much better warm water species ice fishing to get into, compared to us on the Western Slope. Nice work on that Mackinaw!! We’re going to go for some Lakers hopefully next weekend!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.