1096 days

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Today, November 3rd, is day 1096 since the unimaginable happened to our dear friend Sharon. 3 years since that terrible day when she had to say goodbye to her beloved husband Billy. It almost seems to have blown past the rest of us, but truthfully it’s drug on and has no end in sight for her. And yet you wouldn’t know the immense grief tugging at her broken heart if you bumped into her somewhere, or got to meet her during one of the IDO get togethers. Because while scarred, Sharon is an incredibly vibrant and cheerful and fiery person, who absolutely loves life and friends. I’ve had the pleasure of being her best friend and enjoying some great adventures and activities and seeing her smile and laugh (my gosh that laugh…) Well, she didn’t laugh when jumping into ice cold water, but…🤷‍♂️

Sharon you are incredibly brave and resilient. Billy was so lucky to have you as long as he did. And the rest of us are extremely lucky to have gotten to know you. You get stronger everyday. I know you’d give anything to hear Billy ramble on about metric vs standard nuts n bolts, or what grease to use on what tractor in what season, Or trail cameras! I’d love that too. We’ll both have to settle with arguing over the purpose of using PEMDAS, fonts, wood ticks….or whatever comes up next.

We all miss you Billy. 💔
    Lots of hugs and love today Sharon!
    🤗🤗🤗

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sharon I hope you find peace within your heart and soul if not today, someday soon. Thinking about you today Red.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sharon I hope you know how many of us, who don’t know you as well as POP, have a ton of love and support for you on your journey thru your grief. You are an awesome person, and IDO wouldn’t be the same without you.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Sharon I hope you know how many of us, who don’t know you as well as POP, have a ton of love and support for you on your journey thru your grief. You are an awesome person, and IDO wouldn’t be the same without you.

I couldnt have said it better.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

I couldnt have said it better.

X2. Thinking about you and wishing you all the best on this incredibly sad day.

CaptainMusky

Thoughts and prayers Sharon! You are a definite ray of sunshine around here with all these goons.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Thank you for the kind words POP. You’re a good man.

Sharon’s Dad

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thoughts are with you Sharon.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Thoughts and prayers Sharon.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Thank you for the kind words POP. You’re a good man.

Sharon’s Dad

^^^ He is.

It has been my pleasure to have met both Sharon and POP a couple of times.
    Lookin forward to seeing you guys again.

BTW – When will that be?

Sharon
    SE Metro

Thank you, Dan, for the lovely post, and thank you to everyone for the kind replies and messages. Today will never be an easy day, so I took the day off for some therapy in the form of a bubble bath, reading and sipping coffee while snuggling with the boys, and a stroll to visit Billy’s Bench along the river. I was pleasantly surprised to run into two of Billy’s coworkers while I was down by the river and it was great to chat for a bit.

My Dad made a delicious fish fry for us for dinner and it was a lovely way to end the day. It’s almost hard to believe it’s been three years, and I’m reminded of a quote I read… “A life lived with so much love never really ends, but goes on forever in the hearts of those who remember.” 💜💔🧡

Attachments:
    1. 20221103_134515-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

It has been my pleasure to have met both Sharon and POP a couple of times.
    Lookin forward to seeing you guys again.

BTW – When will that be?

Hopefully sooner than later!! toast

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Thank you Mr Root, and EPG! You’re to kind. I’m just a guy that enjoys having friends! 👍
    Glad you had a good day Sharon! 🤗

Deuces

Your two’s love was, is and always will be an inspiration and a testament to what can be out there.

Grateful to have gotten to know your story.

A toast to Billy out there somewhere, and a cheers to you here with us toast

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I’ve only met Sharon once and couldn’t help but be impressed with the amount of energy and humor bottled up in that small redheaded spitfire.
    I hope there are many more good memories to look back on today to bring a little balance to the sad.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.