Wissota in HD?

• bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Looks right Do you have an HD locator Sully?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My unit will read the LakeMaster HD maps in 2D, but I don’t have the 3D capabilities.

Sully

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Sweetness!

Jason took the words right out of my mouth.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Where was that map last year very cool

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

My unit will read the LakeMaster HD maps in 2D, but I don’t have the 3D capabilities.

Sully

Sully, I now someone who has a HDS unit.

MuskyTrap

Very true, that map is amazing.

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

I hope a few rocks & humps are left unturned. They will need to survey the lake yearly to keep up with the rock reef & the crankbait catching crib projects. Anyone that owns scuba gear that wants a few hundos in cranks should come explore Wissotas 750+ cribs. Wondering if they give a few areas to avoid on the new map.

bigpike

I see they also have Red Cedar, LCO and Grindstone. So do I have to trade up and get a new chip now? Not sure how it works….

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

Wow, wow!! I checked out the Product Lake List yesterday and it didn’t list Wissota in HD. It did however list Long Lake, Chippewa county. So, I wonder if they just missed it in the product list.

OR

Tim

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Where was that map last year very cool

Uhhhh, Kirk, were you looking to improve your finishing position?

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

Sounds like it is true. Right now it appears the Lowrance update has the new 150 HD lakes for Wisconsin instead of 125 with Wissota being one of the new 25. The Lowrance Insight and Humminbird will include the new 25 on the next release whenever that is scheduled. The Garmin products have the new 25 available now from Garmin website and soon from the Lakemaster website. If you are ordering online from other locations be sure to verify which version of the Wisconsin Lakemaster you are getting.

I wonder if the litte lake and how much of the Chippewa river is included?

bigpike

Well I went straight to the horses mouth, that would be Dwight at Scheels. The Lakemaster chip we looked at had 1′ contours for Wissota- very nice, we did look at Red Cedar also. Very nice again. Upper Long- not so nice. So they have a ways to go but it is a good start. For my $100 bucks I’ll keep the chip I have and wait for some more key lakes to be added. Dwight did say that Lakemaster came to him last year and he gave them a list of lakes to suggest and while they nailed a few of them it might take a year or two to get the full effect. I did come one step close to Structre Scan upgrade for the HDS7 though and could pull the trigger in the next few weeks if all the cards fall into place

whittsend

Just bought the first version (2010) HB WI chip this year… Might have to upgrade when Wissota gets added to the next version, I assume I’ll have to wait for the 2011 chip?

Looks like HD info on P4/Pepin, too, on the new Lakemaster Lowrance chips… I again assume that will be added to the 2011 HB chips?

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Am I to assume from some of the posts above that this will work in my LCX-37C Dinosaur?

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’ve been a fan of Navionics because they have had more of the smaller lakes
    that Lakemaster didn’t. I wonder if Navionics will get the HD Wissota map too…

John

jhalfen

I saw the chip at Scheels tonight (thanks, Dwight!).

It’s a one-foot contour map.

Big lake, little lake, Yellow River/Moon Bay all the way to the K bridge (and a touch beyond), Chip above the lake, almost to the Anson landing.

Looks like “Halfen’s Landing” is not on the chip.

whittsend

Quote:

I still need to get out and do my own search pattern for that…. Never did get around to it last summer….

whittsend

Considering the 2010 HB Lakemaster chip came out very early in the year (and does NOT have Wissota in HD), I assume that next year’s HB chip will be updated with this info???

Mike

jhalfen

That’s my assumption, Mike.

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I am intrested to see how good this chip is, man if they missed the landing I an not sure the chip is worth it’s salt

You can be going 90mph and not miss it with our units

it is truely something that should have been reveled with a good lake survey

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.