Will a Helix Gen1 SI ducer bracket work with a newer Helix Mega SI ducer?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I have a 10″ Helix SI Gen1 unit installed on my boat and have been thinking about possibly upgrading it to one of the early Mega SI models (not the newer Gen3+ models) Does anybody know if the metal Gen1 transducer mount bracket I already have installed on my fiberglass hull will work with the Mega SI transducer or will the holes lineup if the Mega SI ducer metal bracket is different?

I just don’t want to drill new/additional holes in my hull….

10klakes

Unsure about the bracket size and hole pattern, but the Mega SI transduce body is a completely different shape and size from the non mega ones.. so it will probably need a different mounting spot to line up properly with the hull.

Seal the old holes and then mount a transducer board so you are never drilling into the transom again. Mega SI is a huge upgrade from the grainy gen 1.

Ron F
    Rochester MN

I mounted a G4 Mega SI transducer reusing the holes from a 998 SI transducer. So I’d suspect reusing the holes in your case would work as well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I mounted a G4 Mega SI transducer reusing the holes from a 998 SI transducer. So I’d suspect reusing the holes in your case would work as well.

good to know! thx!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.