Opener roll call

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Another year, another Red opener. Probably a lot of C&R with only 3 fish limit. No doubt we’ll be cooking them all up on Sat. I think I can eat 3 by myself if I cut back on the sides!
    Good luck. Weather looks good.

Scenic

I think we are going to open on Winnie this year. Normally fish there the 3rd week of season but with the water temps so far advanced I think it should be good.

FinnyDinDin

We’ll probably hit opener on red again. If it is even half as good as last year I’ll be happy. Then we’ll probably hit Winnie Sunday morning for a quick fish so we can be home for Mother’s Day.

Scenic, any idea the temp on Winnie? I am expecting it to be pretty cold with the weather we have had and be about the same as last year but I could be wrong. I was thinking about hitting a small lake for crappies on Friday that we did good on this winter but I am thinking it is gonna be a little cold/early yet.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think we are going to open on Winnie this year. Normally fish there the 3rd week of season but with the water temps so far advanced I think it should be good.

I’m not seeing them all that far advanced. What are you getting for temps ?
    Opener I’ll stick close to home and fish the small lake no one goes to.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We gave Red a quick try on Saturday with out much luck. Caught a couple walleyes but had to work for them so pulled the plug after a few hours. We trolled and casted jig/minnows. Water looked a little dirty I’m guessing from the wind the day before.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We gave Red a quick try on Saturday with out much luck. Caught a couple walleyes but had to work for them so pulled the plug after a few hours. We8 trolled and casted jig/minnows. Water looked a little dirty I’m guessing from the wind the day before.

You should have contacted me or Crossingeye’s. We could have helped. We did ok sat but the slowest I ever saw. Sunday was even worse with the wind.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thought about it Mike but sitting in that many boats and not seeing a lot of fish being caught we decide to pack it in. Our 2nd lake of the day kicked out a pile of nice sunnies and crappies.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

what water temps were you guys seeing up there?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.