Lake Gogebic

• David Dykowski

Drove up to lake gogebic last week and it was well worth the trip. A big body of water like that plus all the natural food gives the fish the ability to grow huge. There is so much natural food it can be tough to get the fish to eat but we got into some huge perch and a few bonus fish here and there!

Attachments:
    1. image4.jpg

2. image5.jpg

3. image6.jpg

4. image3.jpg

robby
    Quad Cities

Nice!!! I’m jealous.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

This lake was on my possible list for this year…..

Thanks for putting it on the go to list… waytogo grin

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Nice catch but one question I was fighting with about making the trip up there was would I “need” a mode of transport or do you think hiking around a day or two would be worth it?

David Dykowski

Nice catch but one question I was fighting with about making the trip up there was would I “need” a mode of transport or do you think hiking around a day or two would be worth it?

its a big lake, it is nice to have a mode of transport to get on the fish, but you could walk.

Phil Pickering
    Janesville, WI

I am also wanting to get up to Gogebic but am wondering about getting around on the lake. Where you on foot or driving an ATV/Snowmobile/truck? Is it possible to drive a truck on the ice or are the conditions usually too nasty?

Also, without trying to hijack the thread, are there any guys who are from WI who want to carpool up there in the next few weeks? I’m in southern WI.

likes2fish

I may head up that way sometime at the end of the week. I’ve never been up there before so I’m curious how deep of water you were finding them in?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

The biggest issue on Gogebic is usually the snow depth. This year I think it is lower than it has been in many years. Normally it’s snowmobile only but it could be different this year yet. When I fished it we were seldom over 25 ft and mostly from 18 to 25.

I did not know there were nice slab Crappies in Gogebic, guess we never really fished for them either. Nice catch.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I’m going to have to figure out a trip up that way sometime late ice Id love to get my hands on some of those pigs D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.